It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open borders: Immigration World Poverty and Gumballs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It been a while since this was posted. But even so, it illustrates quite well the immigration and open borders discussion we all seem to be having today. So I'm posting it again.

This presentation was given in 2010.

Some of you may have never seen it, so enjoy.

edit on 2-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

video sucks like all the others you post
1 gumball dont make a dent so basically, eh

cant wait for your next thread on this very same thing.
wonder if the discussion will flow the same way as all the other 6000

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The whole point is that bringing people to the United states will not do a damn thing to end world poverty.
On that point hes right.

One thing he failed to mention is that in many of those nations, $2 a day is a living wage.

Apples to elbows....

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The whole point is that bringing people to the United states will not do a damn thing to end world poverty.
On that point hes right.

when youre right youre right

it will not end world poverty

does it have to though?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Oldie but goody, to sum it up and the bottom line is : "The country's they come from have to be fixed"

edit on 2-11-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Somebody needs to amp up their EQ.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I'm not quite sure why you're here if you hate the topic, or person so much. I'll watch the video later and come to my conclusion on it.

Although if I may, you used to have to write a summary of what your video entails. If you would write a synopsis I'm sure your thread would have more replies

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

video sucks like all the others you post

Of course it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of virtue signalers because it points out the hypocrisy they are willing to exhibit for the sake of their toothless ideology.
edit on 2-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

And notice the disdain and hostility. These people do not want their belief systems challenged. Authoritarians in sheep clothing.

Funny a thread as simple as this one can illicit such anger.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
We NEED poor peeps in the world. Who else is gonna make my new-new I-phone? Huh? Who else is gonna bury my plastic chinese crap?

Like Dave Chappelle says, "yeah right, like people gonna pick their own strawberries"!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

On that point hes right.

when youre right youre right

it will not end world poverty

does it have to though?

I think the op's point is that helping people is rallying cry for immigration proponents and this video illustrated how much of a joke that concept is.
Our resources would be better spent making their home countries better places instead of trying to bring everyone to America.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
We NEED poor peeps in the world. Who else is gonna make my new-new I-phone? Huh? Who else is gonna bury my plastic chinese crap?

Like Dave Chappelle says, "yeah right, like people gonna pick their own strawberries"!

I've often suspected the real motivation behind the globalist movement here in the US is that we don't just need poor people abroad, we need them here at home.

This is a simple market dynamic. In order for the US to compete in the global market, we have to have a labor expense in parity with the emerging economies in the east.

What better way to do that than to import what I effectively think is our own 'slave' labor right here at home?

The USA is open for business. Come one and all.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Hmmm, I don't think it is physical labor in the states, as much as it is economic slavery. Look at sugar tax, alcohol tax, the so-called sin taxes. All governments know that poor peeps consume this stuff at a disproportionate rate than better off folks, so when you see a rise in this tax, its a poor tax. Same thing with traffic tickets, etc, it should be proportionate to your earnings. Welfare is designed to keep one poor, so you spend your dough at walmart getting your cheap prescriptions which is subsidized the Uncle Sam, so wally world can keep wages low.

As far a foreign poor, well look at Africa. Sell em guns, keep em hatin, and boom, you have a military economy for decades to come as they keep in-fighting. The West just rob's....errr, trades, M-16's for their natural resources.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

A traffic ticket should be proportional to income?
No..
When I go to the doctor with my insurance premiums and co pays and sit next to a brood hog,,, I mean single mother with six kids on welfare,,, I figure I'm already paying more based on my income.

Some people actually believe it's possible to eliminate poverty.
Not going to happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Only in the sense of what a fine is for....which is supposed to be a deterrant. I am cerainly not advocating that although the UK and Germany do it.

I cant comment on health care cuz i go to a military base.

But yes....there will always be poor folk for whatever reason. Always.

a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

hard to tell what their point was cause they didnt say anything
just posted a crap video

i agree with a lot of points.
letting people in will not solve world poverty
things do need to be fixed here
things to need to be fixed in their home countries

i agree

and i also think that people should be allowed to apply for asylum and get asylum
i am not afraid like so many here

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Oh look. An almost completely civil post.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Oh look. An almost completely civil post.

nice signature

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

On that point hes right.

People owning guns isn’t going to end all crime either.

People from Ireland came when the potato famine hit. Did it end world poverty when they came over? No, but it saved a lot of lives that would have been lost to starvation.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The potato famine, the Irish had plenty of food. Plenty! The issue was they were trying to make money. Not give away their bumper crops for nothing. It had less to do about potatoes and more to do with unchecked greed which, is on their own government to resolve.

Giving them refuge here still did not solve the problem. The problem was still there, just like the problems are still there in South America. Letting them in does not solve the problem.

Washington Post did a story and they asked some of the town people where the Caravan was passing through what they thought. One person said basically they are fine with it as long as they do not linger which sums up this whole even. They don't want the problem in their towns. They want to push it out of their towns. If they truly wanted to help then why is the caravan even moving. Truth is, they don't care about these people. And them entering the US still does not solve the fundamental problem just like people coming here because of rotting potatoes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join