It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flu Vaccine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I recently saw a quote from a nurse that said if you don't get the flu shot, that's ok, but then don't come in for any other kind
of medical help. (sorry I can't find the source). However, I think this is a common sentiment.

Is this what we have come to? I hope she loses her job for her pure ignorance.

I have family members that are unable to get a flu shot due to a genetic disposition that might cause extreme compilations & death from the flu shot.
www.cdc.gov...

On very rare occasions, they may develop GBS in the days or weeks after getting a vaccination.

It is not a risk we are willing to take. We aren't anti-vaxxers or anything like that.
Just like when we look back in history and see medical care as barbaric, our great grandchildren will look at us the same way and that may include vaccinations, who knows!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Extreme compilations like this?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
We aren't anti-vaxxers or anything like that.

Why not? After the US government just admitted they haven't been providing safety tests and oversight to the vaccine makers for the last 32 years, you might want to rethink your position.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Hmmm vaccines are great...most of them...they give you super powers. But...even back in highschool biology I learned why we can't make flu vaccines. This was before they existed. Vaccine technology hasn't changed since then and I have zero reason to believe we've conquered the flu virus' ability to mutate it's protein casing after passing through very few people.

Vaccines work by teaching your body how to produce antibodies by injecting you with deactivated viral cells. Each virus has a unique protein casing your antibodies bind to. It takes a few days usually after infection for your body to start producing them. The thing with the flu is, the virus at the start of a flu season will look drastically different even just a few weeks in. Even the same strain. So even if you get a flu shot, it'll be useless a month after you get it.

That and the new shingles vaccine. The only way to get shingles is to already have had the virus that gives it to you. If you've never had it you can't get shingles and the only reason you get shingles is if your immune system is depressed again making a vaccine pointless because the problem already is you're not producing enough antibodies to combat the virus.

Other vaccines though, polio and all that...those are great everyone should get those. But any vaccine you need to get every year I question...a vaccine is supposed to be a lifetime innoculation against a specific virus, not something you do every year.

Except the rabies vaccine, but that's just because rabies is such an extreme virus you need a booster every couple years to keep working with potentially rabid animals. It also takes three shots over a month just to work.
edit on 2/11/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I am not anti-vax either, but I believe in only getting what is necessary like vaccines for Polio, Tetanus etc. There is little evidence to support the efficacy and safety of flu vaccines and they simply aren't worth the risk when you do a simple cost-benefit analysis. Using logic is frowned on by those in charge.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I get one every year.

No problems.

And no flu.

If you can’t, don’t.

But if you can, you should.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I think it is good that you exercise your personal choice to get the Flu vaccine. I would ask that you do support the freedom of others to make the choice that is right for them.

There are many reasons to not get the Flu vaccine and considering it is only around 15% to 20% likely to prevent the Flu I don't believe it is worth the potential problems.

1. How effective is the 2018 flu shot? Early findings from Canada indicate a 17 percent effectiveness against the viral strain, known as H3N2, that’s been the main culprit of flu in the U.S. this winter.

Time

edit on 2018/11/2 by Metallicus because: Eta

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Bhadhidar

why?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Viruses mutate. Flu shots are pointless.

Why is it always the usual suspects that support all this mainstream Bullsh!t?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
I suppose it's because we tend to survive longer than those who pass on getting the vaccine. It's Darwinian...don't sweat it.
edit on 2-11-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: Yup!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Oops...double post!

edit on 2-11-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I suppose it's because we tend to survive longer than those who pass on getting the vaccine. It's Darwinian...don't sweat it.

Righto.

I'm a firm believer in the human immune system.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Never gotten a flu shot....haven't had the flu for years...think i'm doing alright with this whole Darwinian thing myself...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I believe in daily vitamins, hot toddies and hand sanitizer.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I believe in daily vitamins, hot toddies and hand sanitizer.

#metoo

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
I get one every year.

No problems.

And no flu.

If you can’t, don’t.

That's all nice until:

They didn't get vaccinated. Now they're out of jobs.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
Excellent points

I never have the flu shot, if I get it I'll get it, death is unlikely because I'm generally healthy.
The NHS only offers it to people who have conditions or are old.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
I get one every year.

No problems.

And no flu.

If you can’t, don’t.

Yup, figures

If you can, you should stop being unencumbered by the thought process

You advocate livestock herd mentality
edit on 2-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

Moooo much??

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I really think this issue needs to be talked and "thought" about.
It will soon turn from

"But if you can, you should" to "you will or else"

Right now it is pretty much voluntary with the exception of some medical jobs.
There are also talks about making it a requirement for schools:

www.acsh.org...
Should The Flu Vaccine Be Required For School?

NYC Can Mandate Flu Vaccination For Children
www.precisionvaccinations.com...

edit on 2-11-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
I believe the vaccine saves lives, the underfunded NHS would not provide it for people with conditions or being old otherwise.
Budgets tell more to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join