It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thousands Who March Towards Us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
At this moment there are thousands of people making their way towards the Southern border of the United States of America. These people are an eclectic group – a mix of men, women, and children; both egotistically good and bad, and possibly somewhere in the gray.

I don’t think there is a single rational human being who sits back and thinks, I don’t care if others suffer. I’m in a good state of being so to hell with the rest of them!

As a conservative, I would like to state that I am against the mass influx of illegal immigration. Not because I want others to live in squalor, but because we live in a world of laws and regulations.

These laws and regulations are put into place to maintain a semblance of order and stave off the threat of chaos.

To be honest my heart goes out to these people who live in countries that are less fortunate than the United States. I am extremely fortunate to have been born in the United States of America.

But the reason we cannot allow this caravan to enter the United States is because it will set a model for others to follow.

How many caravans is too much?

Resources are finite. We live in a universe of entropy and decay. To allow one caravan of thousands into a country that is supposed to have borders and rules is to set a very dangerous precedence.

Not only are these caravans dangerous to the people who travel in them – they are ripe with rape, theft, murder, etc. – it is dangerous to the citizens of the United States in the sense that it slaps the face of law and order, of rules and regulations.

To recap – I want these people to have a better life. I hate the idea of any human being living in sub-human conditions. I think our immigration system needs a huge refinement. But, allowing thousands of undocumented individuals into a country on a whim of emotions is dangerous. Order must be maintained or we will dive into a world of chaos.

edit on 2-11-2018 by MentorsRiddle because: bad gram.

edit on 2-11-2018 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2018 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

The African continent is full of starving children and disease.
The middle east is full of women being treated like cattle and enduring genital mutilation.
The people of Venezuela have already eaten the animals in the zoo.

But somehow the people walking towards our border are the hot topic of the day.
There are after all political gains to be had.

Nothing in our world will change until we start acting like humans should act and stop acting like human do act.

But, we have politics...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Master the possibilities.....its not black and white

Camp em in one spot and airlift food.....then airlift em back with their own souvenirs parachute...there's a thousand logistical possibilities
edit on 2-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The middle east is full of women being treated like cattle and enduring genital mutilation.
The people of Venezuela have already eaten the animals in the zoo.

But somehow the people walking towards our border are the hot topic of the day.
There are after all political gains to be had.

Nothing in our world will change until we start acting like humans should act and stop acting like human do act.

But, we have politics...

What about the poor people of Haiti?

Dear god! The suffering they still endure.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Etc, etc, etc,
But that poor caravan

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Americans are a generous people, but there's no doubt in my mind that the vast majority will not put up with this:

edit on 2-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wasp spray

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle. What’s going on here is a political stunt and shouldn’t be given the same dignity in the same breath as area of the world in hard times.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

We're going to throw white anglo saxon protestants at them???

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Your being played. I don't know by who, or what their reason is. I don't care enough to figure that out. All i know is that 10000 immigrants on our border is not a security issue that we need to truly actually worry about. Its a concern for politics. And frankly, none of us get a seat at that table.

Just because someone points and says "OH NO, LOOK!!!" doesn't mean we need to do that.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It's all about perspective isn't it. The people in Uganda would probably kill to live in Honduras or Mexico!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Americans are a generous people

Our generosity has been used and abused one too many times. Is it wrong that we want to focus on ourselves now?
Does that make us wrong and selfish?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle
At this moment there are thousands of people making their way towards the Southern border of the United States of America. These people are an eclectic group – a mix of men, women, and children; both egotistically good and bad, and possibly somewhere in the gray.

I don’t think there is a single rational human being who sits back and thinks, I don’t care if others suffer. I’m in a good state of being so to hell with the rest of them!

As a conservative, I would like to state that I am against the mass influx of illegal immigration. Not because I want others to live in squalor, but because we live in a world of laws and regulations.

These laws and regulations are put into place to maintain a semblance of order and stave off the threat of chaos.

To be honest my heart goes out to these people who live in countries that are less fortunate than the United States. I am extremely fortunate to have been born in the United States of America.

But the reason we cannot allow this caravan to enter the United States is because it will set a model for others to follow.

Resources are finite. We live in a universe of entropy and decay. To allow one caravan of thousands into a country that is supposed to have borders and rules is to set a very dangerous precedence.

Not only are these caravans dangerous to the people who travel in them – they are ripe with rape, theft, murder, etc. – it is dangerous to the citizens of the United States in the sense that it slaps the face of law and order, of rules and regulations.

To recap – I want these people to have a better life. I hate the idea of any human being living in sub-human conditions. I think our immigration system needs a huge refinement. But, allowing thousands of undocumented individuals into a country on a whim of emotions is dangerous. Order must be maintained or we will dive into a world of chaos.

Racist!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You’d be surprised how many people here think that way.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
On every pic of the caravan I've seen, they look well dressed, and well fed.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Less than 10% of the crowd at an NFKL game and you people are all about to jump your britches. Talk about overkill.

The last caravan a year or two ago had 5,000 people. 200 people made it all the way to the border.

Complete overkill and 100% the fault of Trump.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The Constitution allows for asylum seekers.

It allows for them to be questioned and processed.

It does not mean they get to stay.

The real issue is where to put them during the process.

A tent city needs to be set up as a holding area. The military being sent there can guard.

Mexico offered 2 areas they can go to. US & Mexico need to work together to either re-settle those rejected (majority) by the US or ship them back to where they came from.

There's no reason for manufactured drama.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I really feel for this caravan of refugees. While I understand why it would be impossible to accept the whole caravan, couldn't we grant asylum to at least some of these people. They are coming from situations that are unthinkable to you or I.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle zThe women and children among them are human shields if only for theatrics if not tactical.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle

You either do not know our immigration system very well (these people have every right to approach our borders, present themselves at a port of entry, and apply for asylum which is their stated goal). OR, you don't care and everything you said above was BS?

Our immigration laws are very clear, anyone who wants to present themselves at port of entry and apply for asylum can and should.

Our immigration laws are also very clear that illegally crossing our border is a misdemeanor! So getting all bent out of shape about it is plain stupid. I saw 20+ people speeding and running red lights on the way to work today, those are also misdemeanors... Should we imprison every bad driver? Should we split up their families and put their kids in cages?

Face it, our laws are set, and you don't like them. So what? America love it or leave it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join