It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Military Documents show the caravan isn't the threat Trump claims it is.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This will be a good look at the US border.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Perhaps the troops can help build the wall.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: BlackJackal

a reply to: BlackJackal

Its been said repeatedly but here is one more time..
From your Vox link ,

Customs and Border Protection chief Kevin McAleenan said. Troops mostly will be stationed in bases there for training and deploy to the border when needed.

So while the troops at the border will be armed, they will only legally be able to assist US border officials by doing things like helping transport border agents and providing emergency medical care to those who need it. The armed forces can also work to reinforce infrastructure around the border, like putting additional razor wire on border fences.

So the military will not be enforcing the law, but instead be working in support of those enforcing the law.

ETA: Its an unclassified power point slide...

Yeah, that’s all they can legally do. That’s the point, it’s a political stunt because their presence is in no way required.

Yet the border patrol requested the extra bodies, so they must think having the troops there to help rebuild the infrastructure is a good thing.

Is that so? If it is I assume you can produce a link showing this fact that the border control asked for 5000 troops to handle this caravan.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I’m really curious at what point people in the nationalist party will see they’ve been had? On second thought, I doubt they will. They don’t care about being lied to as long as it’s Trump lying to them. They welcome it and love it.

These are the same people who’d light their house on fire if they thought the smoke might choke a liberal.

So it's open borders (globalists) or nationalist party.

No one on the left wants completely open borders where anyone can walk through, that isn’t a real thing.

See there, I don't believe you.

Sorry, but I think you are being dishonest.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I’m really curious at what point people in the nationalist party will see they’ve been had? On second thought, I doubt they will. They don’t care about being lied to as long as it’s Trump lying to them. They welcome it and love it.

These are the same people who’d light their house on fire if they thought the smoke might choke a liberal.

No one on the left wants completely open borders where anyone can walk through, that isn’t a real thing. On the other hand, Trump described himself as a nationalist, so I think it’s only right we define his party how he wants.

Or was Trump wrong?

Perhaps you should look before you post.....
thehill.com...

Calls for open borders wind up closing doors for Democrats

Over the past two months, Democratic National Committee deputy chairman and congressman Keith Ellison has passionately and persistently advocated his position that national borders, specifically the southern border, create “an injustice.” In a recent interview, Ellison suggested that because corporations “can go back and forth across the border seeking out the lowest wages,” regular people should be able to “go back and forth across the border seeking out the highest wages.” Not only is this statement in itself completely detached from reality, but it seems to suggest that if we cannot have wide open borders, then we must not have free trade at all. These remarks come just weeks after Ellison wore a shirt that read “yo no creo en fronteras,” which in English translates into “I do not believe in borders.”

i do not believe in borders......gee what does that mean then?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: shooterbrody

you talking about the grouprape (police is still investigating) a few days ago, right? yeah, thats bad and if i could, i would cut them their ... off! reality is, women gets raped, mostly by familymembers. 99 percent of the refugees are peaceful.

dont care
they can follow our laws or piss off
those that decide to migrate legally I will welcome with open arms

People tend to forget why those laws exist.

It's in large part to protect the immigrants themselves.

Many factors come into play when taking people in. This is so that we can make sure they have a chance at success when they get here.

Those that come in illegally typically get below minimum wage, and get exploited in ways they cannot report in fear of getting deported. This can include poor working conditions, harassment, no overtime, over worked ect...

Illegal immigrants saturating working markets means less opportunity, lower rate of acceptance of those trying to come legally.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

a reply to: BlackJackal

Its been said repeatedly but here is one more time..
From your Vox link ,

Customs and Border Protection chief Kevin McAleenan said. Troops mostly will be stationed in bases there for training and deploy to the border when needed.

So while the troops at the border will be armed, they will only legally be able to assist US border officials by doing things like helping transport border agents and providing emergency medical care to those who need it. The armed forces can also work to reinforce infrastructure around the border, like putting additional razor wire on border fences.

So the military will not be enforcing the law, but instead be working in support of those enforcing the law.

ETA: Its an unclassified power point slide...

Yeah, that’s all they can legally do. That’s the point, it’s a political stunt because their presence is in no way required.

Yet the border patrol requested the extra bodies, so they must think having the troops there to help rebuild the infrastructure is a good thing.

Is that so? If it is I assume you can produce a link showing this fact that the border control asked for 5000 troops to handle this caravan.

Here you go.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

I was sitting at a drive-through. Find something better.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

No one on the left wants completely open borders where anyone can walk through, that isn’t a real thing.

Prove it. Show me who on the left has completely open borders as a platform. If people are campaigning on removing the border and allowing unfettered access to anyone it shouldn’t be that hard to prove.

Or is that just more hyperbole from King Hyperbole himself?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Prove it. Show me who on the left has completely open borders as a platform. If people are campaigning on removing the border and allowing unfettered access to anyone it shouldn’t be that hard to prove.

Oops.

See above.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I wonder why the left never interviews foreign nationals on the waiting list, who go the legal route, about how they feel about illegal immigrants?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

www.merriam-webster.com...

double down verb
2 : to become more tenacious, zealous, or resolute in a position or undertaking

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Letting people across to work and then go home to Mexico isn’t abolishing the southern border.

Again, more hyperbole.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

www.merriam-webster.com...

double down verb
2 : to become more tenacious, zealous, or resolute in a position or undertaking

Still waiting. Your hyperbole is just that, hyperbole.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Letting people across to work and then go home to Mexico isn’t abolishing the southern border.

Again, more hyperbole.

Perhaps english is different where you are?

“I do not believe in borders.”

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Oops.

See above.

You may want to actually read that article.

Because it’s says nothing about abolishing the southern border.

Just a heads up.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
thehill.com...

In fact, a Harvard Harris poll last month states that a striking 36 percent of Democrats support “basically open borders.”

In other news the left reports the sky is not really blue, water is not wet, and the sun will rise in the west tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Again, more hyperbole.

Perhaps english is different where you are?

“I do not believe in borders.”

And what does that statement mean when taken in the full context of the article?

Hint: it doesn’t mean what you think it does.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

you talking about the grouprape (police is still investigating) a few days ago, right? yeah, thats bad and if i could, i would cut them their ... off! reality is, women gets raped, mostly by familymembers. 99 percent of the refugees are peaceful.

dont care

Many factors come into play when taking people in. This is so that we can make sure they have a chance at success when they get here.

Those that come in illegally typically get below minimum wage, and get exploited in ways they cannot report in fear of getting deported. This can include poor working conditions, harassment, no overtime, over worked ect...

Illegal immigrants saturating working markets means less opportunity, lower rate of acceptance of those trying to come legally.

I do not understand why they do not want to protect these people?
Seems to me following the law has worked for MANY that are here.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

dont care

I do not understand why they do not want to protect these people?
Seems to me following the law has worked for MANY that are here.

Mmhmm, and most of us can vouch for that with our existence.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join