It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Military Documents show the caravan isn't the threat Trump claims it is.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: ker2010

a scientific fact?

ok

i said desperate. not starving

please tell me how its a scientific fact though. very interested in that

Desperate about what?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The World Bank categorizes Honduras as a low middle-income nation.[65] The nation’s per capita income sits at around 600 US dollars making it one of the lowest in North America.[66]

Economic growth in the last few years has averaged 7% a year, one of the highest rates in Latin America (2010).[65]

The three factors that go into Honduras' HDI (an extended and healthy life, accessibility of knowledge and standard of living) have all improved since 1990 but still remain relatively low with life expectancy at birth being 73.3, expected years of schooling being 11.2 (mean of 6.2 years) and GNI per capita being $4,466 (2015).[11] The HDI for Latin America and the Caribbean overall is 0.751 with life expectancy at birth being 68.6, expected years of schooling being 11.5 (mean of 6.6) and GNI per capita being $6,281 (2015).[11]

There's countries doing far worse than that that don't have mass migrations.

I asked this before...but does anyone actually even know why they're desperate?

I keep seeing how desperate they are...but the only reasoning provided is...well they're doing it so they must be.
edit on 2/11/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a scientific fact?

ok

please tell me how its a scientific fact though. very interested in that

a reply to: TinySickTears

When you go into calorie deficit first burned for energy is glucose and glycogen, then your body starts burning stored body fat, if you go into extreme hunger for an extended period of time your body will eventually eat away at your muscle mass for energy as well.

starving
/ˈstärviNG/
adjective

suffering or dying from hunger:

Those people aren't starving. Even if they haven't eaten that day they are not dying from hunger. A person who is literally starving would have low body fat and muscle mass.

They are not starving.

edit on 2-11-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

there are people in the states that are desperate

and no i do not know why

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

cool

i never said starving though

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Sure, I travel above the speed limit, it's a fact and I pay for it when caught.

On that note, I don't go just walking into other countries. If I did, there would be more recourse than just a speeding ticket.

Big difference.

Mg

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

there are people in the states that are desperate

and no i do not know why

Ya I know there are...there's people there that have poorer lives than some people in Honduras do. So you keep saying they're desperate...but don't even know why...that just sounds like a big old assumption to me...and you know what they say when you assume things.
edit on 2/11/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Another note. If you arent for open borders and you claim you realize we can't take them ALL in. The USA can't take every poor person in the world in. Why are the people in the caravan afforded the luxury of entering the USA when the kid below isnt and his country/people are in MUCH MUCH worse condition?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I guess not desperate enough to take Mexico's offer, or anything from the other 3 countries they had to pass through. There are billions in worst situations in the world, but they do not have the luxury of a land bridge to us. At what point does this all change from desperate asylum seekers to people wanting to come here for mainly economic reasons.

There becomes a logistical point here too. We can't even take care of our homeless that continually grow in numbers. We can't stop the increase of students to teachers ratio and the loss of other quality aspects of out education system. God help you if you need to go to the ER and it is full of illegals using it for ALL their medical needs. States going bankrupt, CA pays out 100 billion per year in welfare, it cost them 11,000 per kid in school...all of it is not a pretty picture, and unless we put our foot down at some point all of this will only get worst because there are 100s of millions that would like to do the same thing as the 15 million illegals are doing to day in America.

edit on 2-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

i am assuming yes

i am assuming they are desperate for the journey they undertook.

must be desperate to do that

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Id give more than 1 star if I could... like I mentioned in the Beto thread, we have more than enough starving children born here in the US, how about we get our own situation fixed before we try to take all the starving from other countries.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You are throwing out figures which do not separate out the illegal immigrants.

According to the Social Security Administration, there were nearly 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States in January 2009. Factoring out kids, nonworking immigrants and those working in the underground economy and not paying taxes, the Social Security Administration estimated about 3.1 million unauthorized immigrants who worked and paid Social Security taxes in 2010. This group and their employers generated about $13 billion in payroll taxes in 2010. The administration then subtracted about $1 billion in benefits that could’ve been received in 2010 from earnings in years when workers were unauthorized. Workers and employers contribute roughly the same amount.

A left-leaning research organization estimated that undocumented immigrants paid about $12 billion in total taxes in 2010, while a conservative think tank pegged it at $17.6 billion.

How much tax did your President pay over the years, if at all?

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I guess not desperate enough to take Mexico's offer, or anything from the other 3 countries they had to pass through.

guess not

no rule says they must take the offer from other countries

best chance to have a decent life is in the states. not Mexico
could be that simple you know

im not super afraid of the non invasion like most people in here

i see the # for what it is and will not be convinced otherwise

i will mention again though the thread was about trump lying and getting his base fired up.
the military report

it was deflected right away. as usual

link   

I don't think we need to label them rapists or terrorists, the fact is anyone crossing our border illegally is a criminal. Yes, I realize that J-walkers are also criminals as well as speeders and people who don't wear their seat belts. I also agree that the bulk majority aren't breaking any significant laws IE: committing felonies (although some have been violent, and some even used or attempted to use deadly force against Mexican police officers)

The point is that it is our border and our country, and that we say who comes in and how they do it (its a sovereignty issue). So although some of these folks have been violent, I will not make the mistake of lumping them all together and saying they are all violent. That would be a lie, and I won't insult you or myself by attempting to perpetuate it. But we have to set the precedent that our sovereignty isn't up for negotiation (and especially not strong-arm tactics)

Otherwise, what will stop endless "Caravans" from trying to come here in direct violation of our laws? How can we claim legitimacy when the fact that USGOV can't enforce its laws are played out daily on national TV? You do realize that is the end result of lawlessness? I don't mean to sound snark or snide, but many are ignoring the seriousness of the overall threat simply because this single group doesn't present a significant national threat (although again a few did use or attempt to use deadly force against Mexican police... and the available information suggests America's enemies are financing them.. Venezuela, Cuba, etc)

Your point is certainly not lost on me however. The immediate threat probably is being blown out of proportion, but only (at least IMHO) because they realize how bad this could turn out if it isn't stopped or opposed

And the hateful language (not by you, admittedly) against our paramilitaries and Constitutional militias is equally disturbing. What many don't realize is that not only does precedent/existing US law support the militias' activities, but most State Constitutions also give Citizens the Right to bear arms for defense of self, community and State. Obviously extreme discretion is needed, but these folks are not breaking the law by defending our borders - they're doing their duty as Citizens of the United States and protecting our homes and communities from what technically constitutes a foreign invasion. Even if not this specific "Caravan," our borders are not open and we do not freely admit anyone who wants to come in. There are actually fairly strict qualifications, if I'm not mistaken

edit on 11/2/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Id give more than 1 star if I could... like I mentioned in the Beto thread, we have more than enough starving children born here in the US, how about we get our own situation fixed before we try to take all the starving from other countries.

Like I stated in an earlier post I was arguing with a liberal on FB about voter ID. They were using the argument of extreme poverty in the USA where some people couldn't afford a 10 dollar ID or even an uber to get to the polls.

I asked them if that's so why are liberals so concerned about helping illegal immigrants when we have Americans who cant pop 10 bucks for a ID?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

The point is that it is our border and our country, and that we say who comes in and how they do it (its a sovereignty issue).

correct

the we does not include me or you though

there are laws
they can come to the border and request asylum

as far as we know that is what they are doing
the rest if just fear mongering lies by trump and his supporters

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I guess not desperate enough to take Mexico's offer, or anything from the other 3 countries they had to pass through.

guess not

best chance to have a decent life is in the states.

Finally, we agree, more tax payer handouts in the USA

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Agreed

Although I think asylum is off the table because they bypassed another country. Of course I'm not an immigration lawyer so I could be wrong, I am admittedly parroting that line from the Radio

I have no problem with these people or the country they are from. But we have laws and they have got to follow them like the rest of us do
edit on 11/2/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

so uh....

just come out and say you are going to oppose any and all things trump

you watched the madcow tax return episode didnt ya........

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

madcow tax return episode

I finally have a suitable way to describe Rachel Maddow

Her show used to be at least half-way informative until it became the 24/7 All Russia Conspiracy Network

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: InTheLight

so uh....

just come out and say you are going to oppose any and all things trump

you watched the madcow tax return episode didnt ya........

I don't oppose all of his policies, I am just curious as to how much tax has he paid throughout the years? Anyone know?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join