It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more fricken political adds!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: schuyler

Yeah, blind people dont usually complain about the lights.

So you stare into the toilet and complain about he poop. I think that's your problem. And seriously: You see ads on YouTube? Why?
edit on 11/2/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Might have something to do with the platform I watch YouTube on.
I use an iPad with the app.
I could pay for premium service but oh hell no...

And I have to read the newspaper for local news and the radio is always on at work.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be nice if all political ads were banned, and so were the likenesses of the candidates? I'd love for it to be as simple as a sheet of info on Candidate A, B, C, etc, with all their campaign promises and career track records and how previous promises stacked up against the track records if they have them. And background info, of course. But all anonymous Candidates, no names or faces to get smug about.

Would take so much sting out of politics and simplify it to straight information to base choices on.
edit on 11/2/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
So glad I am an expat! Better beer AND no American news on telly.

Speaking as an American living in Canada for over 20 years, the political ads up here are just as nasty and get down-right personal. And it's not just the ads. The mud slinging is in the speeches too. They flat go for the throat. I always thought it was rather funny at first, but now I just shake my head at how bad it is.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I feel your pain.

I have muted channels, reinforced my Ad blockers and avoided all media over the last few months. All the ads are hyperbolic, out of context and mean-spirited. They offer little to no truth and just tear down the opponent.

I can’t wait to vote on Tuesday.

You know? Now we're seeing 1 ad saying something about an opposing candidate 1 day....and the next day we're seeing a rebuttal against THAT ad.

It means they are spending a ton of $$$$$$$$ in the studios on these.

It's become a "My dad can beat up your dad"! "Oh YEAH? Well...MY dad can...." Never have seen this back and forth over daily ads.

One ad has a face made to look like a witch (purple)...next day...the other has reptilian scales and grey.

Crazy....

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
as a registered Dem (who saw the light a few years back, but never bothered changing parties), with a mail ballot, I must have gotten 100+ texts from the Dems to send in my ballot.

I replied to each one with "Red Wave Incoming!" lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join