It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Islamists block roads to protest acquittal of Christian for blasphemy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The blasphemy Asia Bibi committed was drinking water out of the same bucket Muslims were drinking from. Her being a Christen and unclean in their eyes was all it took for her to go to death row for 8 years.. Finally the supreme court over turned the conviction and the mother of 4 has been released. Of course the last word I read was she is fleeing the country for fear of her and her family's life.

Looks like the fundamentalist are going to push the issue .. It will be interesting what the government will do.. Death threats for the supreme court judges are happening while others have already been assassinated... If the world ever needed a full blown enema there are a few place I can think they need to stick the probe right off the bat.

Supporters of the Tehrik-e-Labaik Pakistan Islamist political party block the Faizabad junction to protest after the Supreme Court overturned the conviction of a Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy against Islam, in Islamabad, Pakistan October 31, 2018. REUTERS/Faisal Mahmood

KARACHI, Pakistan (Reuters) - Pakistan's ultra-Islamist party blocked roads in major cities for a third day on Friday in protest against the acquittal of a Christian woman on death row for blasphemy allegations.

Tehreek-e-Labaik (TLP) said talks with the government have failed, and called upon its followers to get ready for a show down.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...
youtu.be...

edit on 727ndk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It's people like this who deserve asylum. It's a shocking display of intolerance by ignorant people.

Pakistan is a barbaric place for women, let alone a Christian woman. It's no wonder that some of the cultural norms in Pakistan do not translate well in the UK, such as abusing girls in sex grooming gangs, but that's another OP.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Cant stand any religion and this just shows why, such stupid and silly reasons, you angered my sky fairy and now this book written over a 1000 years ago says we can murder you.

Oh and the sky fairy's never offer forgivness they just want blood, and this is meant to make sense to sane people, how can this have had a judge a lawyers working on it, and the legal outcome is somehow justified because of religion

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Ah, Islam. An ACTUAL ‘rape culture’.

The number one most extreme right-wing anti-leftist hateful, intolerant ideology that has EVER existed.

And to think, there are those who believe that ‘western’ culture is inherently bad.

Those same low-iq morons think that opposing Islam is somehow ‘xenophobic’.

Opposing Islam is just as xenophobic as opposing nazism. In other words, it’s not xenophobic at all. Opposing Islam is the right thing to do. There is no more hateful, intolerant belief system than Islam.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

The number one most extreme right-wing anti-leftist hateful, intolerant ideology that has EVER existed.

Yet the Western leftists are in love with them. This world is completely upside down...

All this woman did was having a drink of water from the muslim holy grail as it seems...
edit on 2-11-2018 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

No the bucket was just an insident she claimed caused the accusation of blasphemy. The blasphemy laws make it illegal to insult the prophet Mohammed. An argument over a water container caused a woman to accuse her of blasphemy.

Ironically this was her friends who testimony got her sentences to death. It was overturned however because there is an effort to remove blasphemy laws. Problem is clerics use this as a means of control.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I say we up their foreign aid. That always works.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

Yet the Western leftists are in love with them.

Well, I'm a "western leftist" and I'm not "in love" with any religion.

Also, tbh... I think your ridiculous claim just demonstrates that your own ignorance and obsolete ideologies are not that much more evolved than these 3rd world people accusing this girl of blasphemy.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

this would have been enough and a fair point.

You continue with an insult by calling me ignorant just made me even more think that my opinion is not wrong...

you forgot to call me nazi as well. Maybe later?...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

this would have been enough and a fair point.

You continue with an insult by calling me ignorant just made me even more think that my opinion is not wrong...

you forgot to call me nazi as well. Maybe later?...

To be fair though... you were the one who first totally over Simplified the argument by calling it either black or white... right vs left.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

yes I did fair enough, there are always exceptions, good point...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Did you expect anything else coming out from countries where Islam and Sharia is the majority. That is prime example of how the so called "Blasphemy Laws" is getting used to persecute other minorities. And Christianity is one of the minorities in Pakistan, which makes about 1.6% of the population.

Pakistan's blasphemy laws carry a potential death sentence for anyone who insults Islam. Critics say they have been used to persecute minority faiths and unfairly target minorities.

And if you try to oppose to those "Blasphemy Laws" then this can happen :

A month after Salman Taseer was killed, Religious Minorities Minister Shahbaz Bhatti, a Christian who spoke out against the laws, was shot dead in Islamabad, underlining the threat faced by critics of the law.

And yet they come to the big bad west and asking for fair treatment, while they are sentencing a mother of 4 to death because she drank from the same glass that a Muslim drank ? Truly a "Religion of Peace"......

Peace

Source used : What are Pakistan´s Blasphemy Laws

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
Cant stand any religion and this just shows why, such stupid and silly reasons, you angered my sky fairy and now this book written over a 1000 years ago says we can murder you.

Oh and the sky fairy's never offer forgivness they just want blood, and this is meant to make sense to sane people, how can this have had a judge a lawyers working on it, and the legal outcome is somehow justified because of religion
naw....
Dude, not even....islam is not a religion......crap fella ya gotta get this....islam is a cult......Christianity is not a religion, it's a group that has a relationship with Yashuha that is day to day and minute to minute.....not a regimen of stupid unbiblical Catholic rules of works to perform or else

Start there my brother....a ton more....Islam clerics claim their thin little confused book backs the writings of Moses and the words of Jesus........but.....see? CULT of demons in a spiritual war.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Take the Islamists and all Neonazis and put them on a island far away from civilasation and then they can rape and murder till no one is left. Would be great!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Yet the Western leftists are in love with them.

Also, tbh... I think your ridiculous claim just demonstrates that your own ignorance and obsolete ideologies are not that much more evolved than these 3rd world people accusing this girl of blasphemy.

You need to take to "your party" and get them on the same page as you. You do that and I'll talk to "my party" and I'll get them to stop grabbing women by the kitty.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Drinking water from the same bucket....wow.

How archaic, amazing how you can have different cultures that are thousands of years apart. Especially given how the internet makes information available to everyone.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Drinking water from the same bucket....wow.

How archaic, amazing how you can have different cultures that are thousands of years apart. Especially given how the internet makes information available to everyone.

I do not know from personal experience how the man and his 1 to 4 wives run the house. But to me the women are but chattel or slaves even if they are Muslim. If a man believes one of his wives is starting to display highhandedness he can smack her into submission when she goes to bed (surah 4:34)...Well maybe not all Sharia is bad hahahah ( sarcastic joke) The non-Muslim women are lower than slaves and better beware where they speak or walk.....Even then there is no guarantee someone will not like you and accuse you of something that can get you beheaded, lashed, or thrown in a very bad jail..

Once the accusations start the witness magically appear.

My year in Saudi Arabia made up my mind for me I want no part of Islam or Sharia law. Christens, Hindus, Buddhist, Jews, I can almost always tolerate but I need to stay away from Islam especially when someone is getting their hundred lashes or their head removed for something like adultery as by walking or being seen with a man who is not your relative or being accused of blasphemy like Asia Bibi was.

It really is sick how other Muslims applaud the cruelty handed out by their Imams religious police for they are brain washed believers and know no other way but the way of the Quran... I suppose they had better be happy at the justice Sharia hands out or they might be the next one to fall under the lash or the blade.

IMO religious police and their hierarchy are worse/better than any other past, present, or future force in the world for total control of a population...

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
newsletter.thaivisa.com...

Fearing 'angry mob', lawyer of freed Christian woman leaves Pakistan

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - The Pakistani lawyer who helped a Christian woman overturn her death sentence for blasphemy said on Saturday he had left the country in fear of his life after her acquittal earlier this week sparked street protests by Islamists.

Leaders of the ultra-Islamist Tehreek-e-Labaik (TLP) group blocked main roads in Pakistan's biggest cites for three days, calling for the murder of the Supreme Court judges who acquitted Asia Bibi on Wednesday -- urging their cooks and servants to kill them.

So much for the rule of law, no ? Oh forget I said that, for Sharia is the only law handed down from God's messenger that should be followed.

join