It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beto Campaign Appears to Illegally Spend Funds on Supplies for Caravan Aliens

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
OH NOES
GIVING FOOD TO PEOPLE IN NEED

WHAT MONSTERS

Spiritually dead that is. And many of them call themselves Christians, or have voted for someone who does that. Bunch of hypocrites.

Hebrews 13:2

Do not forget hospitality,* [Or “kindness to strangers.”] for through it some unknowingly entertained angels.

conservative (dictionary):

1. holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.
synonyms: traditionalist, traditional, ...

Mark 7:6-9

6 He [Jesus] said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about you hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’ 8 You let go of the commandment of God and cling to the tradition of men.”

9 Further, he said to them: “You skillfully disregard the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.
13 Thus you make the word of God invalid by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like this.”

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm not from TX, but after watching multiple debates I hope Beto wins. Cruz was like a slimy used car salesman.

Here is every debate summed up in 3 lines:

Moderator - How would you address illegal immigration?
Beto - "Explains his position"
Cruz - "Well, ill tell you what the LIBERALS in America do!" ...and proceeds to go on a rant about liberals until the time is up.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: continuousThunder
OH NOES
GIVING FOOD TO PEOPLE IN NEED

WHAT MONSTERS

Spiritually dead that is. And many of them call themselves Christians, or have voted for someone who does that. Bunch of hypocrites.

Do not forget hospitality,* [Or “kindness to strangers.”] for through it some unknowingly entertained angels.

conservative (dictionary):

1. holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.
synonyms: traditionalist, traditional, ...

Mark 7:6-9

6 He [Jesus] said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about you hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’ 8 You let go of the commandment of God and cling to the tradition of men.”

9 Further, he said to them: “You skillfully disregard the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.
13 Thus you make the word of God invalid by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like this.”

Not so fast there. The Bible Also said to follow the laws wherever you reside or travel as well. And hebrews applied to them specifically btw. OT laws are only for the Hebrews.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Holding to the traditions of God would also make you a traditionalist .. or Conservative.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Everyone knows who's funding and organizing these caravans. Does anyone really think it's just a coincidence that this starts happening when the US finally gets a President that is serious about protecting the border? I mean, they had years to do this under Obongo. Where were the caravans then?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

The typical dem response. If it were a republican you'd be losing your mind about campaign finance violations. Say weren't you one of the people saying trump should be impeached for those?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

There not financing it that's just silly. What caused it is poverty these poor souls think com8ng to the US will solve all their problems.They see the states as the land of opertunity and willing to walk through mexico to get here.

Helping a church feed some refugees isnt financing anything they are all ready here.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Those leftists who keep claiming "Trump is racist because he wants to stop illegal immigrants" are nothing more than hypocrites. Both Obama and Clinton also enforced "certain laws" and deported a lot of people. Obama is the President that has deported more people than any other President, including Trump. Obama was "separating illegal immigrant families," since parents who were illegal, but had children who were born in the U.S. were also deported during Obama's two terms.

Obama Has Deported More People Than Any Other President

MSNBC Panel Admits Obama Also Separated Immigrant Families

Where were the cries from the left that "Obama is a racist"? Under Obama the "cages/detention centers" were build and many immigrants, including children were kept in "those cages."

The left didn't say a peep. Instead they tried to blame it all on POTUS Trump, to the point that someone who worked for Obama, Jon Favreau, posted a picture from 2014 of children in those cages, and claimed it was because of Trump...

Link

Even after the left learned that Obama was doing the same thing, and did it for two terms the left continues to claim all the fault is Trump's...

edit on 3-11-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: fix link and add comment and link

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

That deals with "strangers" not with "illegal immigrants." i have written before that it is ironic how non-Christians/atheists always want to claim how Christians should behave...

Jesus Christ made this clear.

“Jesus answered him, ‘Are you speaking for yourself about this, or did others tell you this concerning Me?’ Pilate answered, ‘Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered You to me. What have You done?’ Jesus answered, ‘My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I would not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here’” (John 18:33-36, emphasis added throughout).

Even though Jesus was born to be a king, He told Pilate that He wasnt involved in the politics of that age.

The Politics of Jesus

Jesus also stated:

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

Many people have understood Jesus in this passage as making a distinction between two spheres: one sphere relating to Caesar and the matters of this world, and the other sphere relating to God and matters of Gods world, with the conclusion that we should recognise and respect what belongs to each sphere. We are to respect the secular, or civil, sphere of society in its own right (render to Caesar what belongs to Caesar), but we must also bear in mind our duty to obey God in the religious, or sacred, sphere.

lifehopeandtruth.com...

Laws have to be respected even by Christians. And again, democrats Presidents have done worse, or the same things as POTUS Trump and not one of you in the left protested about it. So stop being hypocrites please...

edit on 3-11-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpt.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
The book of Hebrews is part of the Christian Greek Scriptures, a.k.a. the New Testament. It's teachings and counsel is for Christians or anyone who wants to become a follower of Christ, rather than antichrist. Regardless:

16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight,* [or “correcting.”] for disciplining in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16,17)

Principles from the Hebrew Scriptures, a.k.a. the OT, are just as useful for that. And those principles are also present in the Mosaic Law, or the Law to Israel, which only covers a small section of the Hebrew Scriptures. There's a lot more in that part of the bible than just the Mosaic Law. How quick some people are to dismiss half the bible to justify their antichrist behaviour and attitudes:

greed
selfishness
pride (exemplified by nationalism and patriotism)
forgetting hospitality (or “kindness to strangers.”)

No secular Law can justify being greedy, being selfish, being a proud nationalist or a prideful patriot to the point of forgetting or neglecting to show hospitality. All these things are incompatible with true Christianity. Worse, these attitudes are antichrist. Team Trump is antichrist (as is the supposedly 'opposing' team, but they're way more subtle about it, team Trump is like rubbing it in your face and sometimes it's almost like they're using 2 Timothy 3:1-5 as a checklist to see if they have covered all the basics of antichrist behaviour and attitudes, nurturing and promoting those in their fanclub, using them and their popularity or high frequency of appearance in society to their own advantage, i.e. playing on the emotions, a well known trick in propaganda).

2 Timothy 3:1-7

But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6 From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

Team Trump and most of their fans are (and are promoting others to become so as well, or playing on those sentiments in society to get more votes, support, approval or admiration, or giving the idea that being succesful at these things is a good thing or that there is nothing wrong or antichrist about it):

- lovers of themselves (check)
- lovers of money (check)
- boastful (double-check)
- haughty (check)
- blasphemers (check, but less obvious)
- disobedient to parents (hard to tell, if you take it literally)
- unthankful (long story, won't get into that now, but check)
- disloyal (to God and his firstborn Son, check)
- having no natural affection (double-check, just read some of the threads on the migrant caravan, no natural affection for the migrants there)
- not open to any agreement (check, for 90-99% of ATS posters as well, roughly estimating)
- slanderers (double-check, bread and butter for team Trump and the main purpose of this thread as well)
- without self-control (check)
- fierce (check; the opposite of fierce is mild or meek, best noticeable in the way people speak to one another and about one another)
- without love of goodness (check, showing hospitality and unselfishness being two examples of goodness)
- betrayers (check, saying one is a Christian but not doing the things Jesus and the rest of God's word, the bible, tells them to do; doing or promoting the opposite or just false teachings, twisting bible teachings, etc.)
- headstrong, puffed up with pride (double-check, if anyone can't see the haughty, prideful and headstrong attitudes in team Trump, and especially Trump himself, they are truly blind)
- lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God (check)
- having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power (check)

And the bonus check:
- always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth (check; it's referring to biblical truths and teachings, such as the one at Hebrews 13:2 about hospitality)
edit on 4-11-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

No secular Law can justify being greedy, being selfish, being proud or prideful to the point of forgetting or neglecting to show hospitality.

FTFY

Funny how you felt the need to add to the actual sins to weaponize it against the people you disagreed with.

I can do that too. Here, I'll take your list and make it about you specifically (because I know as much about you as you do about trump supporters):

Team whereislogic and most people of like mind are (and are promoting others to become so as well):

- lovers of themselves (check)
- lovers of money (check)
- boastful (double-check)
- haughty (check)
- blasphemers (check, but less obvious)
- disobedient to parents (cornerstone of your existence)
- unthankful (You don't seem very grateful for all that the trump supporters have done for you)
- disloyal (to God and his firstborn Son, quadruple check)
- having no natural affection (double-check, just read your post, no love lost for trump supporters there)
- not open to any agreement (check, for 90-99% of ATS posters as well, roughly estimating)
- slanderers (double-check, again read your own post)
- without self-control (check, I would add self awareness as well.)
- fierce (check; "everyone I disagree with is a nazi" -you probably)
- without love of goodness (check, slave to an ideology that promotes evil as its core tenet)
- betrayers (check, saying one is a Christian but not doing the things Jesus and the rest of God's word, the bible, tells them to do; doing or promoting the opposite or just false teachings, twisting bible teachings, etc., -yeah look in a mirror and read that to yourself)
- headstrong, puffed up with pride (double-check, here you stand in judgement of millions of people, attempting to use scripture to justify your superiority)
- lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God (check)
- having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power (check)

And the bonus check:
- always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth (check, I would add, you probably fall for a lot of fake news)

See, isn't this fun and fruitful? If there's one thing that drives me absolutely crazy about people like you, it's that you have less than zero self awareness.
edit on 4-11-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

- having no natural affection (double-check, just read your post, no love lost for trump supporters there)

If I had no love for Trump supporters (or didn't care about them) I would have stayed quiet about it (and if I were selfish about it, I wouldn't have stuck my neck out in the presence of people that are eager to chop it off, figuratively). And I wouldn't have warned and left a reminder that the supposedly 'opposing' team is just as antichrist either. Instead I'd perhaps be more busy tickling people's ears, telling them what they want to hear as per 2 Timothy 4:3,4 and collecting stars and likes for my ego and to be liked or popular (coming back to the topic of selfishness and pride).

Revelation 3:19

19 “‘All those for whom I have affection, I reprove and discipline. So be zealous and repent.

Reproof: Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2

That which is designed to convince others of their having erred, in order to move them to acknowledge their mistakes and correct these. Unlike reproof, a rebuke may be a censure without any laying bare of fault by the presentation of evidence.
When Needed. In God’s law to Israel, persons transgressed against were urged: “You must not hate your brother in your heart. You should by all means reprove your associate, that you may not bear sin along with him.” (Le 19:17) Feelings of resentment against the erring brother were not to be allowed to fester. He was to be reproved with a view to recovering him from sin. Failure to discharge this moral responsibility could contribute toward further sin, and the person who held back from reproving his associate would share responsibility for such sin.​—Compare Mt 18:15.
Although reproof can benefit those who receive it, the efforts of the reprover are not always appreciated. ... Since the Scriptures are inspired of God, all reproof solidly based on them is really reproof from him. (2Ti 3:16) ... Wise ones appreciate that “the reproofs of discipline are the way of life.”​—Pr 6:23.

The sinful human tendency is to resent reproof and the human servant through whom it may be given. But yielding to this tendency degrades one to the level of an unreasoning beast lacking moral discrimination; as the inspired proverb expresses it: “A hater of reproof is unreasoning.” (Pr 12:1) In contrast, the psalmist David, who was himself repeatedly reproved, wrote: “Should the righteous one strike me, it would be a loving-kindness; and should he reprove me, it would be oil upon the head, which my head would not want to refuse.”​—Ps 141:5.

There's a difference between slander and reproof (or the "beneficial teaching" described at 2 Timothy 4:3,4 that people "will not put up with", i.e. don't want to hear or accept, even resent, as you demonstrated). Those who have the "sinful human tendency" "to resent reproof and the human servant through whom it may be given" also have a tendency to interpret* reproof as slander or "stand[ing] in judgement of millions of people" and/or as the reprover implying to have the moral high ground, "superiority" in your words (*: or see it that way). "But yielding to this tendency degrades one to the level of an unreasoning beast lacking moral discrimination; as the inspired proverb expresses it: “A hater of reproof is unreasoning.” (Pr 12:1)". And one starts making stuff up such as "everyone I disagree with is a nazi" and attributes that argument or way of reasoning to someone who never even got close to saying anything that could be interpreted as such reasoning. Completely unreasonable to go there and use that lame meme that people actually tend to paint on anyone disagreeing with their views just to discredit, deflect and distract from the "beneficial teaching" they resent that opposes their views.

2 Timothy 4:3,4

3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

Btw, the bible doesn't teach one should be grateful or thankful "for all that the trump supporters have done for" us. That was a weird way of interpreting what the "unthankful" behavioural pattern discussed at 2 Timothy 3:1-5 was referring to. Perhaps it was done on purpose rather than out of ignorance, either way, here's what you should be thankful for (and to whom):

The checks I did were more for Team Trump and the act Trump himself puts forward for people to vote for, rather than his supporters though (the latter group being the target group for playing on these emotions and existing sentiments in different stages of development for different people, as explained before).
edit on 4-11-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

f I had no love for Trump supporters (or didn't care about them) I would have stayed quiet about it (and if I were selfish about it, I wouldn't have stuck my neck out in the presence of people that are eager to chop it off, figuratively).

So you felt that I was really just caring for you in my response, right? So why are you all defensive? I'm just trying to save your soul, you vapid, self absorbed, greedy, proud sinner.

nstead I'd perhaps be more busy tickling people's ears, telling them what they want to hear as per 2 Timothy 4:3,4 and collecting stars and likes for my ego and to be liked or popular (coming back to the topic of selfishness and pride).

So you're boasting about your selflessness and pride?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

So you're boasting about your selflessness and pride?

Nope, it's you who wants to make this about me and at most, I just fell for your lame trap so you could make the type of arguments that I was already expecting from you. Which was the reason I changed the way I phrased a few things to do what I thought was possible to cut off the behaviour of you making the type of arguments you are making now.

I'm done with being trolled now.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

It wasn't a troll. It was pointing out how you come across. Christ taught redemption and forgiveness for all (we are all sinners, even you, your highness). I don't recall the part where he said supporters of pilate are evil in their nature. Christ was about the individual. You came in here and called 63 million people terrible, unchristlike people. You based that on the tiniest, most insignificant data point you could have (political support). Did you expect to be well received?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I have 3 things to follow that Jesus said for those who believe in him are to do. sorry you are stil wrong.
edit on 18000000ppam by yuppa because: oppsie

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Yet again, God promised the chosen people a land of their own... He didn't say that land was to belong to everyone... He said that land was promised to the chosen people. The people of Israel... That is patriotism...

BTW, as to "greed." Greed is having money and not giving freely to charities. Greed is the pursuit of money just for the sake of it, and never to use it for others... Again, atheists and pagans shouldn't try to tell Christians how to live, or behave. But then again, it shows how authoritarian leftists are wanting people, including Christians, to behave the way leftists like yourself want us to behave... Your argument says more about YOU, than it says about Christians...
edit on 5-11-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Let's quote some scripture for whereislogic!

Neh 2:17-18
"Then said I unto them, Ye see the distress that we are in, how Jerusalem lieth waste, and the gates thereof are burned with fire: come, and let us build up the wall of Jerusalem, that we be no more a reproach. (18) Then I told them of the hand of my God which was good upon me; as also the king's words that he had spoken unto me. And they said, Let us rise up and build. So they strengthened their hands for this good work."

Let's build the wall folks!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
I'm not from TX, but after watching multiple debates I hope Beto wins. Cruz was like a slimy used car salesman.

Here is every debate summed up in 3 lines:

Moderator - How would you address illegal immigration?
Beto - "Explains his position"
Cruz - "Well, ill tell you what the LIBERALS in America do!" ...and proceeds to go on a rant about liberals until the time is up.

except if you have half a brain and have listened hes told you what he would do......i swear some of you really need to learn to listen and take everything in instead of just sound bites........he literally explained what he would do in the debate.......

Try again....

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse
I referred to the 'left' as antichrist on 2 occasions in my commentary. Do you really think I'm a "leftist"? I just didn't say "left". I called them "the supposedly opposing team" (in comparison with team Trump, "opposing" on paper that is and for the public, there is no real opposition, "the competition" would be a more appropiate terminology, whether it's accurate for every so-called 'leftist' politician, propagandist or lobbyist, I haven't decided or figured out yet, I guess you'll have to evaluate the details per person).

If the so-called 'left' was really in opposition to the 'right', they (or some of them) wouldnt be doing what's described in the bolded part below:

The Difference Between 'Patriotism' and 'Nationalism' | Merriam-Webster

Although treated as synonyms, there is a distinction. But it's more complicated than "'patriotism' good; 'nationalism' bad."

And that's just one minor example.

In a letter to the editor of Bombay’s “Indian Express” newspaper, an Indian man stated: “I do not believe in patriotism. It is an opium innovated by the politicians to serve their ugly ends. It is for their prosperity. It is for their betterment. It is for their aggrandizement. It is never for the country. It is never for the nation. It is never never for common men and women like you and I. . . . This sinister politician-invented wall shall divide man from man​—and brother from brother; till one day it shall bring about man’s doom by man. Patriotism or nationalism, to my mind, is an idiotic exercise in artificial loyalty. . . . I take no hypocritical pride in being petty this or that. I belong to mankind.”
edit on 6-11-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join