It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beto Campaign Appears to Illegally Spend Funds on Supplies for Caravan Aliens

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: six67seven

If Beto is representative of the left, than Duncan Hunter is representative of the right.

*then

El oh el

First you butcher logic, THEN you butcher the English language.

That's OK; you butcher punctuation.

I’m not the brainiac correcting people. But nice job picking up on the joke

Where again in the OP is it stated that Beto is funding the caravan? I’m still waiting on that.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: LSU2018

^ This is a good example of the quality of LUS2018's posts

Bully for you, you didn't try to deny it.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Lol you've been bumbling about this Thread well enough on your own making a fool of yourself that I don't need to deny it.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

If Beto is representative of the left, than Duncan Hunter is representative of the right.

*then

El oh el

Logic - reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.
Butcher - slaughter or cut up (an animal) for food.
Then - after that; next; afterward.
Than - introducing the second element in a comparison.

Savvy?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

*then

El oh el

Oddly enough, he was wrong about everything he claims I used wrong.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Fair enough. Just don't be salty that I feel different and don't want them here unless they do it the legal way.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

*then

El oh el

I’m not the brainiac correcting people. But nice job picking up on the joke

Where again in the OP is it stated that Beto is funding the caravan? I’m still waiting on that.

I'm not a brainiac, I went to school in the 80's and 90's when they still thought it was a good idea to teach students common grammar. And you incorrectly corrected me twice because I corrected someone's misuse of then and than.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Lol you've been bumbling about this Thread well enough on your own making a fool of yourself that I don't need to deny it.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

*then

El oh el

Logic - reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.
Butcher - slaughter or cut up (an animal) for food.
Then - after that; next; afterward.
Than - introducing the second element in a comparison.

Savvy?

Thank you genius. The comparison was between Duncan and Beto.

But cool, you can google! Congrats!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Then if this is true that is treason against our country and they need to be tried in a military court not some civilian OBAMA stacked court system.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Wayfarer

Fair enough. Just don't be salty that I feel different and don't want them here unless they do it the legal way.

Why would I be salty? I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, least of all yours. I'm just here for the debate (as I assume most are). If I wanted to argue over this stuff with people who already agree'd with me I wouldn't be here.

Butting heads with you and others here is like my daily catharsis.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: loam

Oh he is now?

Gawd, what compete lies will the conservative world think up next about their opponents? You want Ted Cruz to stay in office?

better than a democrat who wants to Make america suck again.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sure wish they would put that much effort into feeding and clothes, and housing for the homeless and starving right here in their own bloody country.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Sure wish they would put that much effort into feeding and clothes, and housing for the homeless and starving right here in their own bloody country.

Well if we stop sending aid to africa and other countries sure we could. I like that plan. lets be selfish again and help our own people instead.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I’d much rather vote for the party that spends money on the needy, than the party that spends money on airfare for a pet rabbit.

That's why you're a democrat. You don't think people should do for themselves when they can depend on not you, but your party to take care of them. No self responsibility whatsoever.

See, you’re just kind of proving my point that conservatives don’t believe in charity.

I'll give to charities I believe in. Not to illegals who are breaking our laws.

Please cite what US laws the caravan has broken to date.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Ive been saying that for a decade or so... lets tell the world to piss off and get our own house in order first.

Yes I realize its a pipe dream that got set on fire with thermite before being launched into the sun.

Everybody likes to say think of the children.. yet when I do think about the children here in the US being beaten, starving, homeless darn few seem to care.

I even recognize my own hypocrisy, just re-enlisted and as soon as my paperwork is done I plan on raising my hand and saying yes please for a deployment.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You can't pretend like there's not a political motivation behind secretly, and most important, illegally using campaign funds in that manner. If they believed in helping those people out of kindness, they would have raised the funds and made it public to gain support of symphatizers as well. Ask yourself why people do things, and it's mostly for gain. I don't believe for a second that this was altriusm, as there would have been far better ways to do so. Also, I'm not a Republican, and believe anyone illegally using funds should be prosecuted. Please don't say "but the right does it too". It doesn't make it any better. Also, it's not charity when using other people's money lol. I think charity is one of the best things a person can do, but that isn't it.
a reply to: kaylaluv

edit on 2-11-2018 by DobRozner because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2018 by DobRozner because: afterthought

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

well, well... more lame garbage....

Bombshell?

It's literally a nothing burger. O'Rourke's got you all so flustered that you're jumping at shadows...

Responding to the video Friday morning, O'Rourke's campaign said that the staffers were responding to an unrelated incident last week in which the federal government dropped off over 100 migrants seeking asylum at a bus station in downtown El Paso. The local newspaper said that bus station officials then called Annunciation House, a Catholic nonprofit immigrant shelter.

Baby Wipes, Diapers, Water, Fruit and Granola Bars.... They should be locked up... hahaha... `

"Staff members took it upon themselves to use prepaid cards from one of our more than 700 field offices to buy baby wipes, diapers, water, fruit and granola bars, and donate them to a local humanitarian nonprofit (Annunciation House) that helps mothers and children in the community," O'Rourke spokesman Chris Evans said in a statement. "The value was under $300 and it will be appropriately reported to the FEC."

It is not unusual for campaigns to make donations to groups like Annunciation House. Campaigns are allowed to give to charity "as long as the candidate does not receive compensation from the charitable organization before it has expended the entire amount donated," according to the FEC website.

Here's the important part that most will ignore...

"The law requires accurate and correct reporting of disbursement of campaign funds,” said Paul S. Ryan, vice president of policy and litigation at the government watchdog group Common Cause. "If that happens, there is no civil or criminal violations of the law. If the campaign were to incorrectly report these funds, then the tape … would be evidence that the violation was knowing and willful."

Beto O'Rourke camp says spending highlighted in Project Veritas video went to charity, will be "appropriately reported"

James O'Keefe is a fraud.... you should know that.
edit on 2-11-2018 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

My only regret is I have but one star to give

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Oh my God! $300!!! To a charitable organization. The horrors.

Weeeeelllll, I think it’s safe to say this thread was a big fail.

Better luck next time guys.

GO BETO!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join