It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SJW weaponized: Target Corp ‘fell’ for troll’s outrage

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: loam

So a conservative troll did something racist and then blames it on SWJ? A new low today everyone.

Oh Mark Dice, yeah he's a total POS.

Explain how what he did was racist again?

The word ‘black’ was mentioned in the article.
Ergo, “racist”

That’s how the hivemind works

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I opened the product page from Dice's tweet and saw that it no longer existed.

Right. Dice's troll tweet was on Oct 26 @ 1:48am.

Wayback shows a change the same day, @ 6:10pm, indicating the page was made unavailable.

web.archive.org...://www.target.com/p/boys-marvel-the-avengers-black-panther-deluxe-muscle-costume-s-4-6/-/A-50791958

we're sorry! this page is currently unavailable. please try again later.

So they took it down, leaving only the 'black' model versions online.

Dice's actual claim was:

Thank you @Target for removing the photo of the white boy modeling the Black Panther costume from your website. Cultural appropriation is wrong! What kind of a society allows white children to dress up as their favorite super heroes if they're black?

twitter.com...

Just black kids now. The world is a better place tonight.

twitter.com...

I guess you'll just argue it's a coincidence the two things happened in succession on the same day.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Does the fact that the character was created by Stan Lee, a white guy, and Jack Kirby, another white guy, not matter in the slightest to those who fuss about cultural appropriation?

Stan Lee.

Jack Kirby.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

So they took it down, leaving only the 'black' model versions online.

Dice's actual claim was:

Thank you @Target for removing the photo of the white boy modeling the Black Panther costume from your website. Cultural appropriation is wrong! What kind of a society allows white children to dress up as their favorite super heroes if they're black?

Just black kids now. The world is a better place tonight.

**What kind of a society allows white children to dress up as their favorite super heroes if they're black?**

^^^^^ See ^^^^^ CHILDREN DONT SEE COLOUR it is the adults who

pass on the baton of racism to the next generations

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Does the fact that the character was created by Stan Lee, a white guy, and Jack Kirby, another white guy, not matter in the slightest to those who fuss about cultural appropriation?

*Cultural appropriation*

A white woman wearing cornrows .....so

What about a black woman with chemically straightened hair?

Is that not *cultural appropriation *

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
*Cultural appropriation*

A white woman wearing cornrows .....so

What about a black woman with chemically straightened hair?

Is that not *cultural appropriation *

Cultural appropriation is only bad if you're white. It's ok for everyone else, didn't you get the memo??

Y'know, I'm very glad nobody in the video game/anime lifestyle screams about this stuff left and right, I could only imagine the chaos at an event full of cosplayers, many of them are people of all races dressing up as japanese characters. XD

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

At this point why show kids certain movies if they arent allowed to pretend to be that hero?

I mean some people did harass non black people for even buying tickets to see it.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

What makes you think I even care whether some idiot calls it cultural appropriation, or whatever terminology you care to use?

Wear your hair any damned way you want.

Wear whatever Halloween costume, next year, you want. Including black panther if you're a white kid, or whatever shade.

I've even been known to use a canoe upon occasion.

This entire topic is just about stupid.

As for your question,

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

What makes you think I even care whether some idiot calls it cultural appropriation, or whatever terminology you care to use?
Wear your hair any damned way you want.
Wear whatever Halloween costume, next year, you want. Including black panther if you're a white kid, or whatever shade.
I've even been known to use a canoe upon occasion.
This entire topic is just about stupid.
As for your question,

I think you misunderstood my post?

In fact it was a statement of agreement with you.

I think some SJW's spend their time thinking up these ridiculous phrases

such as *cultural appropriation* I think the poste below mine got it spot on.

posted by necrobile
Cultural appropriation is only bad if you're white. It's ok for everyone else

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

My apologies. It's topic that is somewhat infuriating in its idiocy.

Again, my apologies for misunderstanding.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
I think some SJW's spend their time thinking up these ridiculous phrases

Actually, they're cooked up by academics who spend their time trying to publish and remain relevant. I think initially they know what they are doing is BS, but eventually they start believing in their own BS because they are reinforced by their peers doing the exact same thing....and all of that garbage is then fed to their students and the media.

For example:

Left wing academics expose the left wing fake academic research engine

Fun thread....if not depressing.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Everyone should do it to target every day

Threaten boycotts till they tell people to STFU

Dice can move on to hoop earrings next:

Image.

HOOP EARRINGS CRITICISED AS CULTURAL APPROPRIATION

This is hilarious given the fact that hoop earrings date back to at least as far as ancient Sumeria and Iran (Persia.) Sounds like someone else needs to realize they appropriated the hoop earrings themselves at some point. But that doesn't fit the narrative.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

This country has gone full bat # crazy.

Ironic that it has become normal to "appropiate white culture." Superheroes who had been white for decades have over time been taken over and have been changed into black characters. It's ironic because whether you want to admit it or not, white people are the majority of the population in the U.S., and although superheroes are imaginary it makes sense that most superheroes are white. I never thought about "racism" when I read comic books, and i have read comic books of black superheroes as well. When "Blade" became a blockbuster all of my friends and I were immediate fans and again didn't care whether he was black. But the left has turned this nation yet again upside down, and now it is more than okay for white superheroes to be replaced by black superheroes, and if you say something about it "you are racist," but when the shoe is in the other foot" so to speak and it is black superheroes replacing white ones, it has become okay.

Racism is not okay, and sorry to rain in the parade of left-wing members but POTUS Trump is not racist for wanting to enforce laws which until the last democrat President, Obama, it was okay to enforce such laws. Former POTUS Obama is still known as the "deportation in chief," because he deported more illegals than any other President, meanwhile allowing illegal criminals to be released into our streets and the left did not complain. Now that the POTUS happens to be white everything he does "is racist," it doesn't matter that it isn't true to the left.

Yes, I agree with you. "This country has gone full bat # crazy," thanks to the left.

edit on 3-11-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: faint1993

I got one of those pens when I was a kid and thought it was AMAZING!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join