It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SJW weaponized: Target Corp ‘fell’ for troll’s outrage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: faint1993

Maybe you should have used a consumer score.

On Hold for 45 Minutes? It Might Be Your Secret Customer Score

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: faint1993

I would have done the same thing. People are nuts.

Ohh my God, you drive an impala, my husband was killed by a drunk driver in an impala....

Ohh my God, you are buying paper towels...my husband died in a fire at a paper towel manufacturing plant.....

Its rabid narcissism, nobody #ing cares and we aren't going to alter our lives for your extreme nonsensical "battles".

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

i remember watching SNL when i was a kid and eddie murphy dressed up as a white guy, one of my favorite skits off the show. i am a white guy. i don't see the problem with anyone one dressing up on holloween in a costume representing another race. anyone that does is just dang stupid. plain and simple. i cant help but believe it all stems from political correctness.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

I guess you won't be replacing Megan Kelly.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Some degree of political correctness is fine, this stuff is just straight mental lunacy.

The left needs to stop doubling down. I think they are bad at math and dont understand what compounding is.

When you double down 3 or 4 times, your subterranean at that point.

Only extremists and the heavily indoctrinated continue to follow you down further into the hole.

Can't wait to watch next Tuesday, reeeeee will be heard round the world.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: MisterSpock

Ah. Gotcha. That wasn't swills point though. Still waiting for an explanation of that 'logic'.

I hope you have a chair, and a six pack. Dont expect any logical explanation in the next decade on that one.

Yeah, I can just hear the gears grinding away in Swills head. Should be a doozy of an explanation proving his point.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Ohh I'm sure he has an explanation, no matter how ridiculous it is.

What's sad is that he believes it. I can't fathom being that brainwashed. I guess we should have some compassion, but that doesnt last forever. At some point you just feel sad.
edit on 1-11-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Probably something along the lines that Dice culturally appropriated a black SJW's argument.

Whatever. I'm nearly 100% certain whatever swills says, I won't agree with it.

Just saying'

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

i never did like Megan Kelly, just something about the way she talked. nothing to do with her politcal views or the black face comment. heck i had never heard the term "black face" before it was on the news.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

So what actual proof that Target did anything in response to his tweets do we have? Target didn't change the picture, the item is no longer listed on the site at all. Did Target just eat any remaining inventory? Perhaps there wasn't any inventory left and they pulled the item from the site because it sold out?

Mark Dice's initial tweets didn't crack a thousand likes — even now that they've been embedded in an RT article. There was no unique hashtag to get trending, nobody else was tweeting about this "boycott," and looking at the replies to Mark Dice's tweets, nobody would be confused into thinking this was a real thing.

This country has gone full bat # crazy.

And what if what Mark Dice believes is actually not correct at all? Wouldn't this thread itself then be evidence that this country has gone "full bat# crazy" considering how absurdly willing people are to believe absolutely anything — without any proof — as long as it seems to support their worldview?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

i totally agree. the left is off their rockers. getting worse all the time. but i honestly don't think the right is any better in the long run. i would love to see someone from either side with true morals run for president. but you just cant rely on any media or campaigns to make an honest run. as far as the racism goes i don't believe it will ever go away, ever. its the governments bread and butter when things are going bad for them.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

So what actual proof that Target did anything in response to his tweets do we have? Target didn't change the picture, the item is no longer listed on the site at all.

3 secs to Google.

www.target.com...

Nice try at another specious refutation.

edit on 1-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

What timeline is this!?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

So a conservative troll did something racist and then blames it on SWJ? A new low today everyone.

Oh Mark Dice, yeah he's a total POS.
What did he do that was racist in this context? He parodied social justice warriors, so much so that target couldn’t tell not was satire.

So, satirizing the extremism of “anti racist” sjws is now racist aye?

You sound pretty biased. And like an npc.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The echo chambers of social justice don’t allow any criticism without being attacked for heresy, racism, privilege, etc. people don’t have colleagues or friends in those echo chambers presenting logical criticism but instead applause and dogpiling.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Spot on loam, simple yet concise and perfectly explanatory

This country has gone full bat # crazy.

The worst part of it is that no other phrase would completely or appropriately describe the current state of affairs

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Black face originates in the early 20th century vaudeville acts. White entertainers, if you want to dignify them as such, would where black make up during their acts.

Al Jolson was a very (in)famous entertainer that used it. You tube will undoubtedly have some sort of video if you wish to see it. I'm not linking it, as I find it distasteful.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
WTF I'm I reading.

Someone complains to Target. Target says, oh ok, if you don't like it, we'll change it. No biggie. We like to keep customers happy.

Haha Target! I wasn't really angry after all! Jokes on you!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Dear God, the stupid - it hurts!!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: theantediluvian

So what actual proof that Target did anything in response to his tweets do we have? Target didn't change the picture, the item is no longer listed on the site at all.

3 secs to Google.

www.target.com...

Nice try at another specious refutation.

Oh boy. Why do you try to mic drop on me when you know that I do my due diligence?

Before I posted: I opened the product page from Dice's tweet and saw that it no longer existed. I wasn't sure if maybe he'd linked the wrong page so I Googled the description from the picture and found the product page that you've just linked except I searched with the size and got the page that's actually for the small size. (your link is for the large which is now sold out along with medium).

My first thought was, "Hey, this is not the same costume as the first page." I checked a few caches for previous versions of both pages and found the original product page at Wayback Machine and even shortened the URL. I found the second product page cached on Google.

So should I now explain why your hasty attempt here was a fail?

Look at the end of the URL. That's the product number. The product number for the costume with the purple in size L? A-53463313 (what you just linked). Same costume in small? A-53463311 (what I found). And of course, the medium is A-53463312.

Guess what the product number of the costume Dice tweeted was? A-50791958. Completely different product, not the same product with a different picture. They did not change the picture.

"Nice try" at being slick. Thanks for playing.

edit on 2018-11-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join