It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Approach IMO - Expand Medicare then Repeal Obamacare.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Absolutely, but capitalism is the best system in the world. Right?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Insurance companies are like a golden-goose to medical providers, device manufacturers, and drug companies.

and yet, your proposal is to leave them in control of 85% of our health care system.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

As I stated in the OP, you re-direct the $500 Billion in annual taxes on businesses from ObamaCare, to Medicare. The sickest Americans enroll in Medicare. Very straight-forward.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: villagesmithie

Insurance companies are like a golden-goose to medical providers, device manufacturers, and drug companies.

and yet, your proposal is to leave them in control of 85% of our health care system.

We can get rid of them. Who do you suggest take their place?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Single payer. Unfortunately that means you and I, which means our government, which is probably unacceptable to many here.

Maybe we'll get there some day.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

One can usually do better opening a plan with the insurance providers themselves
I did. With UHC.

United Health Care (UHC) opened a "Harken" health center and provided UHC insurance to the 26,000 patients here in Chicago...and in Atlanta. That program only lasted 2 years. UHC pumped $126 million into it, but medical costs exhausted the fund.

2017 Article describing the closure: www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Single payer. Unfortunately that means you and I, which means our government, which is probably unacceptable to many here.
Maybe we'll get there some day.

Single Payer is the same as Nationalized Healthcare for all. That's what Bernie Sanders advocates. The reason I started this thread is to point out the absurdity of having 100% of America on GOVERNMENT, or on PRIVATE insurance.

The vast majority of the people are healthy enough to obtain low-priced free market health insurance. The rest should be allowed to buy-in to Medicare...or be put on Medicaid, if they can't afford Medicare.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Most developed countries use a hybrid system.

Even the UK which has one the most state provided health care systems still has a significant amount of private healthcare.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

For example, a 59 year old who earns $49,000 or more per year, will pay $850 a month for a $7,900 Deductible CIGNA health policy, that less than 50% of the doctors and hospitals in America will accept. In Illinois, that is the LEAST EXPENSIVE PLAN AVAILABLE for this 59 year-old.

My mother is 62 and is on the ACA she pays 205$ a month has a low deductible , got to keep her family doctor and every hospital in this city will take the ACA. I am 38 I pay 130$ month I have a low deductible, I got to keep my family doctor and the ACA has already saved me from colon cancer once.

If expanding medicare will make my health insurance even cheaper and cover more people then I say do it.

But I have to be honest about my personal experience with the ACA. IT...IS....AWESOME!

I would advise anyone to try it for yourself and then decide.
edit on 2-11-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What about those who were born sick?

What about those who got a sudden major illness and even though they have savings it wipes them out and destroys their families?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

After being elected President, he was willing to work with Chuck Schumer/Nancy Pelosi on implementing that system here, but they didn't want to do it while Trump was President.

Proof?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Ideally we would reverse all the damage and return healthcare to pre-Obama status where most people were happy.

Except i would have colon cancer and my mom would be dead.

The dems FIXED health care for me and my family and many of my friends.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Obama reduced Short Term Medical plans to just 3 months in duration, before he left office. Wanted to force more people onto ObamaCare. Trump just reversed that...effective October 1st. People can now get Short Term Medical for 1 to 3 years in duration.

Proof?

I hope you have proof for this one because this is awesome.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

That problem has nothing to do with medicare or the ACA.

Not knowing the price of medical care until after it has been done is one of the biggest problems.

Here is some great information about who decides medical procedure pricing. It even has the names of the people that make the decisions.

www.forbes.com...

If we have any researchers interested enough to find out I would be very interested in any connections the people of the RUC list have with our politicians.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

This is what stops them.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

This happens because the hospitals and doctors CHOOSE to not accept it.

In most states, doctors can choose not to participate in the networks offered in the marketplaces, also known as exchanges, created by the Affordable Care Act, President Barack Obama's signature health care law.

www.usnews.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The question is, Where do the cost come from.

I'm diabetic, under my insurance the cost of three months of insulin was around $1700.

I now by the same insulin, 2 vials a month for $25 each. $150 for three months. Where did the other $1500 go?

Are you on the ACA?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
No mater how we finally agree to pay for healthcare it's time the government mandate by law for health providers provided pricing information (true costs not subsidized costs) and result statistics.

Its 2019 ... we have the technology to do this. Most big health providers already collect this information to use internally. They simply benefit from not making the information public.

After we fix that problem figuring out how to pay will be a lot easyer.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

I'm doing fine I didn't even meet my out of pocket expenses for the year. The point is not how to get your own meds cheaper. The point is that insurance companies, pharmacy companies, hospitals, are all taking profits when they can, driving up costs for all of us.

If we want to control costs that is where we need to look.

Look here.
www.usnews.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

If any politicians in florida were running on this I would vote for them.

A healthy country is a strong country.

I feel like it is un-american to watch fellow citizens die from illnesses that modern medicine can fix.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join