It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Great Story about A Great Kid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

CLOVIS, Calif. (AP) -- Students mobbed the floor. Tears flowed. And the hero left the court on the shoulder of two football players.

Anyone who thinks only Hollywood could create such a scene hasn't heard of Ryan Belflower.

A long-range shot Belflower sank at the buzzer of a high school basketball game didn't make or break the outcome, or set a scoring record. But it brought nearly everyone in the gymnasium at Clovis East High School to tears.

I have met these boys on a few occasions through a mutual family friend. Ryan is one of the most energetic and wonderful people to be around and this amazing event really warms my heart in the midst of all the evil i see, hear and read about.

I just wanted to share this great story with the members of BTS (thanx ADVISOR for pointing me in the right direction to post it)

WARNING:kleenex maybe needed at end of story to dry ur eyes

Couldnt have happened to a greater kid IMO

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I got a chance to read the article before it was posted. Very well written, and details what captures the moment in a sence. I sure many will enjoy.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
just wanted to make sure i posted a news article in the correct format as per forum etiquette rules

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
That's a great story! Thanks for sharing it!

While in college, I'd often have the chance to volunteer to help a few kids out with taking notes and studying....And I have to admit that the majority of those guys were some of the most dedicated and inspiring people I have ever met - Their physical and mental challenges are like fuel for the fire....And when they succeed, and you get to see that huge smile cover their face, you know there's no greater bliss then the state of mind they must be in....

It's good to know there's a few reporters out there that aren't so covered in scum that they can stop and smell the roses every once in a while.....

JAK

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Fantastic story S1LV3R4D0.

Great post.

Jack

top topics

join