It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A remedy for handling the 22+million illegals without citizenship or amnesty!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
For the TLDR people go to another thread, don't clog this one! I'm sure I'm going to hear lots of bleeding hear "liberals" flip their lids on this proposition and if that is how you feel, keep the personal attacks out of it and debate the POLICY, not FEELINGS, or call me a racist nazi (I'd do the same if these were Polish criminals, Romanian criminals, British/Irsih criminals, Austrian criminals, Asian criminals, Nigerian criminals, Pakistani criminals, etc). It's about protecting the ECONOMY and allowing it to recover and give ourselves and OUR CHILDREN the future they deserve and one they would actually WANT! But please do argue policy/law, I'm more than happy to hear that and open to all other suggestions, I'm just providing a starting point.

We all know that before we do anything (w/ the 22million illegals) we need to fix immigration laws as well as how we handle those found in the US who are illegal. There is no point in spending $ to deport these people if they are going to return in weeks to months or if they are going to wiggle out of the court system and have to be tracked down again. In addition to fixing the immigration laws we need to create laws that punish those who take advantage of these illegal's, mainly employers hiring people without documents or with fraudulent documents. In today's information age, there is no reason that fake ID's and papers can not be identified.

I suggest creating a tiered system that imposes fines for employers that hire/employ illegals. It could break down to something like this:
employing 1-5 illegals - $10,000 fine for each "employee". 6-20 illegals, $20,000 fine per "employee". 21-50 illegals $30,000 per "employee". 50+ illegals $50,000 per "employee". Now I suggest an added fine for employers who have employee'd illegals for years. The fines I suggested were for a single year, but if someone were employed for 10 years, it could theoretically be at least 10x more, but realistically IDK how that would work - but I do think a cumulative fine is badly needed. The penalty per year could be even more (say 10% more for each year employed, so 2nd year could be $15,000 and 3rd year $20,000 - for $ 45,000 total for 3 year employment - but I even suggest compounding the interest!) There is good reason to have it be an increasing yearly fine, It would give incentive to only keep the illegal one year else face even higher fine rates. Then the illegal must seek another job - making it harder for illegals & higher chance of getting caught. Increasing the fine after the first year would help incentivize the employer "firing" the illegal at end of year one, so their $10,000 fine doesn't go up to $15,000 or $20,000 for the second/3rd year (for a total of $25-45,000 vs just $10K for the first year).

Now since illegals will have to keep finding new jobs, employers will have to go through the hiring process each time (cost money) and it is another point where they have to check the fake documents, and another point where they break the law (reason for the fine). This increases the chances of the illegal being caught and decreases the economic benefit for the employer to hire the illegal. We can also then track the paperwork used by the illegal to see who else hired them which will probably lead to a whole nest of other illegals.

The reason for these large fines is two fold. To make it financially detrimental to hire illegals and as a source of funding for the court, deportation & repatriation process of the illegals & possibly help maintain the wall. If 22 million illegals were caught while employed, the lowest fine of $10,000 would equal $220 BILLION! Now imagine the companies that employ 20-800 illegals for years on end (800 illegals in one company for one year = $40 million in fines!). Will they go bankrupt? Who cares! The company will go through bankruptcy liquidation (after all fines paid, assets liquidated - paying the rest of the fines, whatever left will go to creditors and the rest sold to those interested - like the name of the company) and a new business that hires AMERICANS will pop up in it's place, if it was a viable business to begin with. There needs to be strict legislation saying that companies caught in these hiring practices can't hide assets in bankruptcy and re-organization - everything frozen until they give their pound (or ton's) of flesh.

To make this whole process run more smoothly and quickly the citizens need to be involved in taking back their country and their jobs. So many people know other companies that employ illegals, often their competitors. Some people know that there are illegals working at a business either by being a customer or a coworker with them. In these cases I suggest offering a financial reward (and it is MORE than justified due to what these people have done to the economy). IDK what value should be offered, I'd suggest 10% of the fines levied against the employer or $1,000 for a non-employed illegal and more for a criminal illegal.

When an illegal is taken into the system a full facial scan, finger prints, aliases should be done and entered into CBP/ICE database (and others maybe, state benefits agencies should have access as well as law enforcement). If they somehow wiggle out of the court system, jump bail, escape, etc, their finger prints, facial scan, past aliases, etc will be in the database and all employers should run a check against these things before hiring people with questionable "papers/ID". Submit the picture to CBP/ICE/LE and they can run it against their database and determine if they have been processed and or are wanted. This is not breaking any constitutional laws as they are not citizens and they are currently criminals (wanted criminals). It could be a good way of catching other criminals using identity theft or fleeing things like child support as well. I do have some apprehension about this, but when it comes to cataloging illegals, I don't have a problem with this. This could be implemented at all borders as well so they could verify the person wasn't deported previously for criminality or living here illegally.

I also think that anyone applying for benefits should have to go through some kind of facial ID scan that checks against CBP/ICE and LE databases.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
All good points...

Except, it would take too many people to enforce.

It will take all these things...and some.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm okay with fining/prosecuting companies that hire illegals. Nothing wrong with that proposal.

I think we need to create an easier path to citizenship and start working on that. We all pay taxes...millions of new taxpayers is a good thing.

The third tier is better border security and policies. by policies, I mean what are we actually doing when we stop a family from entering or when we're actually processing a family?

Then we need a better budget....in the last decade? I was having a hard time finding the actual time frame, but we've spend near $132 Billion on Border security or beefing up the border patrol. Where did that money go?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I don’t think it would work.

Mainly because the politicians tasked with implementing this would see their donor money dry up in a lot of areas. They count on that money from the big business lobbyists, and a lot of these big companies love undocumented work.

A lot of the politicians themselves use or have used illegal workers in a lot of ways. They only raise hell about immigrants to shore up voting support for themselves. Behind the scenes they’re some of the biggest violators. Or they get paid by them.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I have a better solution

Absorb the North and South American continents under the Constitution of the United States and transition them US territories.

One America!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah um, punishing businesses that fund politicians aren't going to work.

People vote for whatever letter politicians have behind there name (R) (D) so there really isn't any incentive to hurt the very people giving you thousands or millions or dollars every year.

edit on 1-11-2018 by curme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hiring illegals is already a crime

Put more rich people in jail, and maybe it will change

www.fairus.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I hear Mars has Space.

new topics

top topics

join