It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHINA Caught actively meddling in 2018 elections direct from VP Pence-substantial US threat!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Just saw this and really raised my eyebrows-this is the real threat as big as China Is and no one is paying much attention or talking about it!!
Here's a few tidbits:

In June, Beijing itself circulated a sensitive document, entitled “Propaganda and Censorship Notice.” It laid out its strategy. It stated that China must, in their words, “strike accurately and carefully, splitting apart different domestic groups” in the United States of America.

Last week, the Chinese government paid to have a multipage supplement inserted into the Des Moines Register –- the paper of record of the home state of our Ambassador to China, and a pivotal state in 2018 and 2020. The supplement, designed to look like the news articles, cast our trade policies as reckless and harmful to Iowans

As a senior career member of our intelligence community told me just this week, what the Russians are doing pales in comparison to what China is doing across this country. And the American people deserve to know it.

. In one recent example, China threatened to deny a business license for a major U.S. corporation if they refused to speak out against our administration’s policies.

And when it comes to influencing the midterms, you need only look at Beijing’s tariffs in response to ours. The tariffs imposed by China to date specifically targeted industries and states that would play an important role in the 2018 election.

Beijing now requires American joint ventures that operate in China to establish what they call “party organizations” within their company, giving the Communist Party a voice –- and perhaps a veto -– in hiring and investment decisions.

OK it's a long speech but Very very informative and i don't think the US public is really aware of the absolute threat China is ACTIVELY engaged in
i think after elections it will become a focus to expose the extent that CHINA HAS meddled .......

ON OCT 4th:
www.whitehouse.gov...
edit on 1-11-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

Mods be prepared for ddos? attack- reason Subj: China-negative optics

edit on 1-11-2018 by TheJesuit because: title

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Me Chinese.
Me play joke.
Me put pee-pee in your Coke.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
China's probably the scariest country in the world. For at least 1000 years their goal has been to rule the world. That's never changed. They don't care how long it takes, they don't care about the lives of their own citizens let alone any other people in the world. As a culture they're fairly xenophobic and look at other people in the world as inferior. They've been slowly destroying housing markets in north america, smuggling drugs and money in and out and have generally been committing economic and social war on the west for years now.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Sorry a reply to skunkape:

Really?? "Well that's like your opinion man"- Big Lebowski

This is waaayy worse than Russia Meddling....

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

They've only just got started.

I have nothing against individual Chinese people but their dictatorial government has big plans.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The obvious answer is divestment, total and complete. If the companies will not divest, then boycott their products. The government can only encourage it with tariffs or force it with outright bans on imports. But in the end, it is up to the consumer to vote with their dollars.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

ISRAEL. While everyone is busy pointing at Russia, China, bla bla bla.
edit on 1-11-2018 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Me Chinese.
Me play joke.
Me put pee-pee in your Coke.

With a nunchuck sneaky whack,
Give a dog a bone,
This Chinese went laughing home.

(Couldn't resist. It seems to fit.)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm glad people are waking up to the Chinese threat. We need action NOW and Trump is the man to do it.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I have never been influenced by anything Russia or China has done or has said when voting.

Our politicians are solely responsible, by what they say and do, that determines my vote.

Unless China and Russia are controlling their words, actions, or lack of, then any meddling they may have done is a complete waste of time and money on their part.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Tucker Carlson takes Meathead to task over this issue. The 6:00 mark.
China threat
edit on 1-11-2018 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

You are correct, sir/madam.

Obviously, there are enlightened people in China, and elsewhere, but culturally they are taught to view non Chinese as "barbarians" and less than fully human... very similar to the U.S. view of Africans in the previous centuries.

I grew up with a Chinese guy who's family , we later found out, was taught at an intelligence school where they had a mock up of a "typical" American town so that they would blend in (as the Soviet Union and now Russia , etc., undoubtedly has). They were here to garner secrets from IBM (loooong time ago!)... spies.

His views on Westerners were scary. He was surprised we didn't smell as bad as he had been told we did, for instance. If we beat him in sport or brains, he went through a physical reaction where it seemed his worldview was melting.

Also, I know that most of our crucial staples and most of our infrastructure is manufactured in China, now... which is the height of stupidity.

The divisions in our political system are so obviously being egged on, I cannot believe that everyone cannot see it, too. It's one the reasons I don't have a high opinion of the partisan hacks camped on the net.

As far as I'm concerned those countries are winning the ice cold war and most of us are too fat and stupid to see it.

Too bad, as Mandarin is tough to learn.

edit on 11/1/2018 by Baddogma because: realized I used a mysoginistic assumption, and I changed it.

edit on 11/1/2018 by Baddogma because: tense correction

edit on 11/1/2018 by Baddogma because: cleaned up ambigous use of language, since In started editing... likely others, but will stop. WHy you reading these notes, anyway? Go hug a friend!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So if the US Consumer Divests what are we left with as far as material goods?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Keep bumping this thread! We need to address the Chinese threat.

I really dislike the CCP.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Perhaps an increase of $5 Billion into Chinese Hacking Hacking Fund will fix things??

Has anyone thought of making some more nuclear weapons? We want to make sure We are declared the "winner" in the millisecond before "Their" (foe de jour) nuclear arsenal kills all of Us, but don't fret, Flori-Duh is full of "Flori-Duh Tumbleweeds" so those will be 'left' but that begs the question...

The majority are from ChinaMart™ so who'll be the 'real winner'?

Better idea, We better let the 'patriots' over @Haliburton™ handle this like they took care of business in Afghanistan, look how Opium increased from 7% in 2001 to now over 93% That is called "Progress"

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The FBI director said back in July that China, not Russia represents the US's broadest threat.

He said he thinks China, from a counterintelligence perspective, represents the broadest and most significant threat America faces. China wants to replace the United States as the most powerful economic engine in the world and is infiltrating American businesses to get an edge. "We have economic espionage investigations in all 50 states" that can be traced back to China, Wray said. "It covers everything from corn seeds in Iowa to wind turbines in Massachusetts and everything in between. "The volume of it. The pervasiveness of it. The significance of it is something that I think this country cannot underestimate."
link

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So why do you think the media is pretty much ignoring this?

What industries stand to gain most from this interference?

Ah, I do recall Trump saying something about China being the bigger threat right at the start of all the Russia blaming. So given the current partisanship over there that may well be why the media is ignoring, after all they can't really agree with him now can they - DOH!

top topics

join