It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much money you need to be part of the 1 percent worldwide

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
That’s all it takes??? Wow I thought the gap was a lot greater then that. Half way there already

Where is Styx when you need him, i need some 1% insight. Skim insight if you will.

a reply to: shooterbrody

edit on 1-11-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If you want to make the 1% list, apply yourself 60% of the time and get your ass to work 20 minutes early every day. It’s not that hard. I have been a 1% for several years. Last week my son said to me,” Dad, thank you, your the one that pulled our family out of poverty”.
I was shocked, it took a few minutes for it to sink in. The key is get your ass in gear, and go to work every day, a few minutes early and apply your self. Take advantage of the few breaks you get,and be ready to stick your neck out, once in a while, if the reward is worth the risk.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Who are "the Nine"?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

I hear that sort of stats a lot- people earning less than $5 a day in some places... yet they still manage to eat, don't they?
Try eating for $5/day in the US!

I think the cost of living needs to be taken into account when comparing other countries to ours.
A person making 35,000 a year in the US is no richer than a poor person in India if most of their money is going to housing and food.

Compare India to the US for example:

www.numbeo.com...

Indices Difference
Consumer Prices in United States are 205.45% higher than in India
Consumer Prices Including Rent in United States are 277.65% higher than in India
Rent Prices in United States are 603.23% higher than in India
Restaurant Prices in United States are 324.08% higher than in India
Groceries Prices in United States are 197.10% higher than in India
Local Purchasing Power in United States is 78.75% higher than in India

You can get a one bedroom apartment in India for 95 dollars a month.
Try doing that here.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That requires roughly 16 dollars an hour at 40 hours a week. I call bull# on that being such an easily attainable wage even in the US. Most people make peanuts compared to that in most of the jobs in the US.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: InwardDiver
a reply to: solve

Who are "the Nine"?

www.destinypedia.com...

there are also other esoteric interpretations....such as leaders with lineage that stems from Jesus Christ.

edit on 2-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

That requires roughly 16 dollars an hour at 40 hours a week. I call bull# on that being such an easily attainable wage even in the US. Most people make peanuts compared to that in most of the jobs in the US.

There are fast food joints paying $15/hr in some areas. In many cities, $10/hr is minimum wage. The point is even low wage American workers make more than 99% of people in the world.

If you are an adult and not making $15/hr, you are a loser in life. Yes, this is an insensitive statement, but a factual one.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

There are fast food joints paying $15/hr in some areas. In many cities, $10/hr is minimum wage. The point is even low wage American workers make more than 99% of people in the world.

If you are an adult and not making $15/hr, you are a loser in life. Yes, this is an insensitive statement, but a factual one.

What relevance does making more have if Abu from India and Joe from the US spend the same ratio for cost of living and both are broke afterwards?

I think a better indicator would be how much is left after basic expenses are met.
edit on 2-11-2018 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

There are fast food joints paying $15/hr in some areas. In many cities, $10/hr is minimum wage.

$7.25 is the federal minimum wage in the US, which is just disgraceful ... Anyone who supports Trump by quoting the low unemployment rate, should be ashamed of themselves.

Low unemployment is meaningless, when a large majority of those people are earning an unlivable wage.

If you are an adult and not making $15/hr, you are a loser in life.

That's just harsh dude and a complete arsehole statement to make.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

There are fast food joints paying $15/hr in some areas. In many cities, $10/hr is minimum wage.

$7.25 is the federal minimum wage in the US, which is just disgraceful ... Anyone who supports Trump by quoting the low unemployment rate, should be ashamed of themselves.

Low unemployment is meaningless, when a large majority of those people are earning an unlivable wage.

If you are an adult and not making $15/hr, you are a loser in life.

That's just harsh dude and a complete arsehole statement to make.

It is harsh, but also factual...

There is no reason anyone should be stuck making $15/hr beyond poor life decisions and choices (or if you are special needs or elderly). If you work hard and have some hustle, you should have progressed beyond that after a few years at most.

I was making more than that as a teen cutting lawns growing up 30 years ago. Literally walking up and down my block with a Snapper lawnmower and a gallon of gas.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

What relevance does making more have if Abu from India and Joe from the US spend the same ratio for cost of living and both are broke afterwards?

I think a better indicator would be how much is left after basic expenses are met.

Joe has a much higher standard of living. Again, even our poor in America live better than the upper class in most of the world. The point is just being on American soil even if you are in the bottom 1% of earners still makes you part of the global 1 or 2%.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Joe has a much higher standard of living. Again, even our poor in America live better than the upper class in most of the world. The point is just being on American soil even if you are in the bottom 1% of earners still makes you part of the global 1 or 2%.

A cursory look at homelesss encampments tells a different story.
Poop, piss and trash all over the place. I have had foriegn tourists come up to telling me they thought they were in India or some third world country.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Poop, piss and trash all over the place. I have had foriegn tourists come up to telling me they thought they were in India or some third world country.

Drug addicts camped out in parks are not the demographic being discussed...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

meh it is just San Francisco

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I don't have time to find it, but I saw a study showing how the bottom 1% in America have a standard of living higher than the top 5% in India.

People have lost perspective.

Gotta call BS on that. I have seen with my own eyes how the bottom 1% live, and I find it hard to believe that the top 5% in India live lower than that. I would like like to know who printed that information.

But it's good to know that I'm in the top 1%........make that the top .5%.........of earners in the world.

I always knew I was better than the vast majority, and now I have proof. /sarcasm LOL
edit on 2-11-2018 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Because they don't count? What do you think economic averages are based on? Just a select group of people that helps prove a narrative?

Not only do you seem like a person who is quite satisfied with incomplete information, you sound f'd up on a personal level as well

And if the drug addicted homeless are not counted, then the final results are flawed due to an incomplete count, and should be discounted as relevant.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Good to know I'm a loser since I make 10 dollars an hour taking care of the elderly as a home health aide. A job with not enough people doing it. I should quit and get a higher paying job. # the elderly they don't deserve help since the job pays #.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Good to know I'm a loser since I make 10 dollars an hour taking care of the elderly as a home health aide. A job with not enough people doing it. I should quit and get a higher paying job. # the elderly they don't deserve help since the job pays #.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
being rich aint what it used to be

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

Because they don't count? What do you think economic averages are based on? Just a select group of people that helps prove a narrative?

Not only do you seem like a person who is quite satisfied with incomplete information, you sound f'd up on a personal level as well

And if the drug addicted homeless are not counted, then the final results are flawed due to an incomplete count, and should be discounted as relevant.

They don't count as they are not functioning members of society. No amount of increased minimum wage, services, or anything else will get them off the street.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join