It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the news or Trump responsible for the division in our country?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
The news is using Trump as a tool to divide the country. This should be obvious.

This has been happening long before Trump though.

This is how the two party system works. It's just gotten insane lately because the criminals running things are losing power.

Losing power, how do you figure?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's simply impossible that one man can divide an entire country.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

and nothing to do with his policies that actually seem to be working

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
That's the thing about Americans. For years other nationalities have stated facts regarding just how much a divided populace America really is. You've ignored those facts, disbelieved them, and probably still do, even though those facts are staring you right in the face, more so today than ever before. The only change of course, is that it is all the more public.

You have never been a nation, a real country. To be a nation, and to be a country, takes thousands of years of internecine strife and violence before disparate groups of people abiding on the same landmass can settle to some semblance of peace and cooperative endeavour. It certainly takes more than a few centuries, but it becomes your history. Americans have a very long way to go. The only time when Americans have cooperated together is when they shared in the same ideological progressiveness where they felt that all people were going in the same direction. It wasn't real, it was just 'sensed' like a balm to the public conscience, because not all was included, minorities were still excluded from the so-called American Dream.

In terms of ideas and ideology, America is one of the most divided countries on the planet. You have fractured into cultural and racial pieces, and the dream is shattered beyond repair, because you all realise that it was one big lie, a ruse to keep you quiet, to keep down...and you call it freedom...and still do.

If you want to blame someone for it all, if you want to place blame for why your fledgeling country has become nothing more than a toilet on which the elite and the wealthy defecate in...look in a mirror and see the truth.
edit on 1/11/18 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

here in nz the main media never fail to put the boot into trump im talking about you tv1

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
I would say it's we the people who are at fault.

Not so long ago we use to think for ourselves then 911 happened and the media found out how to use propaganda to think for us, and we let them.

Very true, there has, is and always will be division in this country much less world. The media and their drivel since 9/11 has only perpetuated the divide as well as increasing it. I have to say that the 2004 elections were the catalyst for the current state of affairs. It got worse under Obama with everything being called racist from both sides and it will only continue to get worse. Then again, what the hell do I know? I'm just a retired Soldier who hates politics.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
How is being black and proud of it undermining to whites? And how exactly does it set race relations back 100 years or more?

Nevermind the fact that whites undermined blacks for generations here in the US.

I remember seeing a lot of posts (maybe whole threads?) from users on here a while back saying things along the lines of, "If black people can say it, so can I! I'm white and proud of it!"

In your mind, does the above quote set back race relations? If not, being black and proud of it doesn't set back race relations either.
Unless you (the general you, not you specifically) are racist. Then it probably would set race relations back for "you".

Personally, I think it's dumb to be proud of your skin color. Or race. Or the country you were born in. You had zero say in any of that, and did nothing to make those things happen. Pride should be reserved for accomplishments, not default categories based on birth.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, pull back on the reigns there chief. I said, "being black and proud and undermining the whites," not, "being black and proud in order to undermine the whites."

Anyway, she spoke about how she didn't like that white people saw her as black first and a person second. What she failed to realize, however, is that by telling people to be black and proud, she is telling them to see themselves as black first and a person second. She was stoking the flames flames of racism by trying to combat it. It's like Einstein said, "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war." You cannot end racism while wanting to be noticed for your race.

Had she wanted to repair race relations, she would have preached coexistence. Telling people to see past skin color. Telling them to be a human and proud.

Saying, "I'm white and proud of it" sets back relations for the same reason.

The general "you" is inherently going to notice the color of someone's skin. Racism is unavoidable. It will never be eradicated. But being prideful of your skin color gives your skin color power over you. I'm white, you can call me whitey, cracker, or any other derogatory name you like, but that's not going to effect my emotions one bit. It'll just make me realize what an ignorant person I'm talking to.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
There was division under Obama, the MSM did not fan the flames as much as they do with Trump.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
OP is tautology

Trump is the news.

The news is trump

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Personally I put the blame squarely on bummer & co.

current POTUS is just the one calling out the hypocrisy

news losers are just, well....... parrots of the bummer & co.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Bottom line is Trump says crazy divisive stuff (and lies like breathing). Media reports it.
Then media is somehow to blame.

Trump: Fake News is the enemy of the people.
Fake News Media: Trump says the press is the enemy!

Yes, if you believe the Fake News media Trump lies.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Because we actually aren't that divided. The media fans the flames and creates a false perception people buy into.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join