It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAB CEO: ' Screenshot this...'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
If you turn the gas on and turn the burner on all you get is a barbecue.

Comprehension skills lacking much?

I usually just read your SillyPink comments for laughs, but, seriously?

Since you obviously don't have a gas grill (I hate them, much prefer the great taste that comes from real wood charcoal), or you would know there is a difference between turning the burner on (turning the knob so that gas starts coming out), and actually lighting the burner.

But, please, carry on with your Silly self...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Has he been Clintoned yet?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Who cares? It was literally a platform for hate speech. It needed to be shut down.

No you drone, it’s a platform for all speech.

It was created because conservative voices were being banned at all the Silicon Valley based social media companies.

Just because this synagogue shooting A-hole used it, he used twitter too by the way, does not mean the whole site is used for hate speech (whatever that is).

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Question for all of those claiming it's a platform for hate speech; who cares? Do we not have the freedom of speech? Why our people openly supporting the diminishing of our rights? Hate speech isn't a crime itself. The term "hate speech" is designed for people to WANT out fundamental rights overthrown and taken away. For the record I've never been to Gab, and actually had to look up what it was.

In any case -- do the same people make claims about CNN/MSNBC/Fox News for their "hate speech?" Or does it only apply when your feelings are being tugged on? Seriously question meaning no disrespect.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
i cant get my head around these arguments of free speech, a long as the words falling out of your mouth are not being supressed nothing has changed, i cant help but laugh at the gerrymanding that goes on about someones free speech being refused, no its not, at what point did TWITter, farcebook and youtube and gab become part of everybodys rights, cause i must have missed that.

And if people are that naive to think when a site like this gets shut down it is an attack on free speech then you need to go outside and say what you like in your garden just to check.

access to some forum on the internet is not a privilege defined in any free speech law

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

So when only curated and approved speech is used to justify or decide public policy, financial gain or loss, or other personal liberties, you'll be ok with that?

Let's face it. The brick and mortar public square has been replaced by the virtual one. Suppressing speech there is only guaranteeing a less than favorable reaction by those who no longer feel they have a voice in public discorse.

Your garden flowers don't GAF about you.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

"modified Hatebase dictionary used by the authors of"

Modified Hatebase dictionary???? WTF is that? You gotta wonder who came up with that and defines what is in it. That's worthy of a thread all of it's own.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

lol

I wondered the same thing. I suppose one could could flag some indisputable terms as hate. I'd love to see some examples. Perhaps it's published somewhere.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
i cant get my head around these arguments of free speech, a long as the words falling out of your mouth are not being supressed nothing has changed, i cant help but laugh at the gerrymanding that goes on about someones free speech being refused, no its not, at what point did TWITter, farcebook and youtube and gab become part of everybodys rights, cause i must have missed that.

And if people are that naive to think when a site like this gets shut down it is an attack on free speech then you need to go outside and say what you like in your garden just to check.

access to some forum on the internet is not a privilege defined in any free speech law

So you think censorship isnt diminishing of free speech? People being censored left and right because of their opinions and/or beliefs isnt infringing on ones rights thereof? Just because its online does not mean that constitutional rights need not apply. It's still a public domain, correct?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join