It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAB CEO: ' Screenshot this...'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: MotherMayEye

You have this so wrong, imo.

I don't know, loam, I think it remains to be seen. If the conservative market ever gets its online social platform where they can freely support conservative policy, show support for Trump, criticize Democrats...make funny memes about Hillary -- without being banned, shadow banned, penalized AND without the stigma that comes with the 'alt-right white supremacy' garbage holding back the conversation -- then I'll gladly say I was wrong.

They aren't going to get that with this hanging over their heads at Gab:

I think it's intentional.

Thanks to Gab, conservative online social media is about mass murderers, anti-semites, racism, and if you try to create your own social platform, you will maybe be murdered and it made to look like a suicide, and you won't be able to make money because Paypal won't let you use their service....

Conservatives deserve better than Gab. It was tailor-made to be a disaster for conservative voices and screw them five ways to Sunday.

edit on 11/1/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: loam

You have this so wrong, imo.

I don't know, loam, I think it remains to be seen. If the conservative market ever gets its online social platform where they can freely support conservative policy, show support for Trump, criticize Democrats...make funny memes about Hillary -- without being banned, shadow banned, penalized AND without the stigma that comes with the 'alt-right white supremacy' garbage holding back the conversation -- then I'll gladly say I was wrong.

They aren't going to get that with this hanging over their heads at Gab:

I think it's intentional.

Thanks to Gab, conservative online social media is about mass murderers, anti-semites, racism, and if you try to create your own social platform, you will maybe be murdered and it made to look like a suicide, and you won't be able to make money because Paypal won't let you use their service....

Conservatives deserve better than Gab. It was tailor-made to be a disaster for conservative voices and screw them five ways to Sunday.

lol right.

But MSNB, Mother Jones..Etc.

These are all love...right?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Because ATS was infiltrated a long time ago. People such as myself have been attacked for saying things that are counter to the program. Not that I'd expect anyone to believe it unless you've ever said anything to get yourself attacked and harassed like I did. Theres a reason I disappeared from this site for a long time.

BINGO!

This is my story too.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
lol right.

I read the DailyMail if I am not reading ATS, pretty much.

I can get the same news as anywhere else, the comment sections are fabulous, I am up to date on all my trashy celeb and entertainment news, I can read local news in the UK from my couch in the US...that's my go to and I have no shame.

I occasionally find a need to read something at MSNBC and Mother Jones..few times a year at most because their usefulness is very limited.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It's a damned shame to see so many here celebrate censorship.

SMH

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

lol right.

I can get the same news as anywhere else, the comment sections are fabulous, I am up to date on all my trashy celeb and entertainment news, I can read local news in the UK from my couch in the US...that's my go to and I have no shame.

I occasionally find a need to read something at MSNBC and Mother Jones..few times a year at most because their usefulness is very limited.

BS BS trollolololol.

You know what I am saying, now please log off the internet.

I see so much hate spewed from CNN on a daily basis it's no wonder all of you are basket cases both left and right.

I hope all of your talking heads die in a car accident and maybe this nonsense will stop.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

I think you misunderstood my comment.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Who cares? It was literally a platform for hate speech. It needed to be shut down.

You're not a fan of the constitution, are you?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

SMH

I wouldn't worry, the Deep State will create another site like GAB where the morons can hate speak to their hearts content.

The naivety around here boggles the mind!!

Goddamn right I'm paranoid....if you ain't, you're not paying attention.
edit on 1-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

lol right.

BS BS trollolololol.

You know what I am saying, now please log off the internet.

I see so much hate spewed from CNN on a daily basis it's no wonder all of you are basket cases both left and right.

I hope all of your talking heads die in a car accident and maybe this nonsense will stop.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

SMH

Apparently I am coming off all wrong in this thread. So if you think I am advocating censorship, I'm not!

I just think Gab has either intentionally or unintentionally hurt the efforts of conservatives to find a place where they can express themselves on social media without being penalized for it in one way or another.

My guess is that it's intentional.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

SMH

I wouldn't worry, the Deep State will create another site like GAB where the morons can hate speak to their hearts content.

The naivety around here boggles the mind!!

Goddamn right I'm paranoid....if you ain't, you're not paying attention.

Total Deep State invention!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

My ppost wasn't directed at you.

It's just apparent that many here give lip service to the very concept of free expression and are more for authoritarian dictates over speech.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: loam

can we say DRAMA...
If something happens... lol.

Can we say wilful ignorance?

I only expect as much from the champagne liberal crowd.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

If you are saying that racist speech is not the single most important issue facing this country and refuse to act *as directed* in response to it, then you harbor racist hate in your heart. show.

Ummm, not it’s not, lol! A claim like that only highlights your possible superiority complex.

Hate speech is not even illegal, in fact, it is protected under free apeech. I would rather live in a country where all speech is protected rather than a country that polices your words and thoughts....kind of like you seem to be doing on ATS!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Did you not read the UA study? Is the slightly more than 2% of Twitter really enough of a material difference to assert your theory?

What's the cutoff percentage then to make the difference?

Baffled by this view.
edit on 1-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The stuff happening with GAB (which I am not a member, but I’m capable of rational thought) is just another example of selective policing. The truth is all social media at some point have hosted mass shooters/bombers, but only GAB is being taken down.

Can they do it through T&C, yes!

Are they private companies able to selectively boot people (PayPal re Gab), it would appear so!

Is it politically selective, OBVIOUSLY.

None of that makes it right! It’s legal but it’s obviously designed to dismantle the free speech of the conservative voice.

Why isn’t Twitter defunded? Facebook? Just look at the crap you can see on YouTube! But if you are a conservative on YouTube, expect to be a bullseye!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

SMH

A complete indication how vulnerable it all is.

Dark times ahead if people don't start waking up.
edit on 1-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

If you are saying that racist speech is not the single most important issue facing this country and refuse to act *as directed* in response to it, then you harbor racist hate in your heart. show.

Ummm, not it’s not, lol! A claim like that only highlights your possible superiority complex.

Hate speech is not even illegal, in fact, it is protected under free apeech. I would rather live in a country where all speech is protected rather than a country that polices your words and thoughts....kind of like you seem to be doing on ATS!

I wish people would actually READ my comments before responding.

Here is what I wrote:

If you are saying that racist speech is not the single most important issue facing this country and refuse to act *as directed* in response to it, then you harbor racist hate in your heart.

That's not an exaggeration of the current sociopolitical atmosphere.

You are putting the First Amendment above racism and that's all it takes to end the debate. The 'national conversation on race' doesn't go any further than that.

(And even though I don't think most people genuinely believe that, we are all going to proceed as if they do. Reality is not going to dictate what the record will show.)

My point is that the national conversation on race is so truncated and twisted...that all it takes is "saying that racist speech is not the single most important issue facing this country and refusing to act *as directed* in response to it" for the debate to end and for you to be declared as "harboring racist hate in your heart."

Geez.

I thought it was CLEAR that I think it's ridiculously dysfunctional and wasn't actually taking that position myself.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Who cares? It was literally a platform for hate speech. It needed to be shut down.

A member of GAB went on a shooting spree and they get shut down. Who says it's a platform for hate speech? The Fake News..that's who. Do your research. Hateful people post on all sites. Especially Twitter. I didn't see Twitter shut down Cesar Soyac posting death threats to a political pundit...and many other hateful posts he made.

By your logic, ATS would've been shut down because the Arizona shooter Loughner posted here. If someone from this site did that nowadays it's entirely possible that ATS would be called a platform for hate speech and shut down.

Nobody is a mindreader and can predict when someone will "go postal". ATS has great moderators who are very good at preventing extremist views and posts. That doesn't mean that fake news..deep state won't spin the narrative to paint ATS as an extremists site.

Free speech is not free if you don't agree with "them".

Don't forget that Gavin kid who killed 5-6 police officers in Texas. He posted his rant first on facebook. In the eye's of the law, 5 police officers are worth way more than 10 civilians. At least this is demonstrated in the sentencing phase. By that logic, not only should facebook be shutdown, but the whole office headquarters demolished.
edit on 1-11-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join