It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAB CEO: ' Screenshot this...'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
The only people who give a crap about Gab or this guy are the violent white supremacists who infest his site cuz.

Do you spend a lot of time there or are you assuming it's infested with violent white supremacists...

...or do you have a source to back up this claim?

I honestly don't know, I have never heard of Gab until a few days ago.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

ATS has great moderators who are very good at preventing extremist views and posts. That doesn't mean that fake news..deep state won't spin the narrative to paint ATS as an extremists site.

Free speech is not free if you don't agree with "them".

And that's censorship, summed up.
edit on 1-11-2018 by a325nt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Do I reeeeally need to explain to you that ATS and GAB are not the same platform and they have different public/content?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Because ATS was infiltrated a long time ago. People such as myself have been attacked for saying things that are counter to the program. Not that I'd expect anyone to believe it unless you've ever said anything to get yourself attacked and harassed like I did. Theres a reason I disappeared from this site for a long time.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

It's called Terms and Conditions. Not censorship. Everyone accepts these terms to use the site. ATS is one of the best sites on the net when it comes to expressing our free speech.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

He's basing his opinion by the recent coverage GAB had on the mainstream media.

Gab, a racist-friendly alt-Twitter, has been banned by PayPal and others

Yea, right...

Do y'all forgot already about the NYT editor that had tons of racist tweets and still got a job there? These people don't give a jack about racism.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A) he has something on a Clinton

B). He’s a marketing genius
edit on 1-11-2018 by SocratesJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Who cares? It was literally a platform for hate speech. It needed to be shut down.

Clearly a troll which I shouldn’t reply to but....

There is so much fundamentally wrong with your statement that if others agree all hope for humanity is doomed.

Not trolls, but lazy, mindless parrots who regurgitate the talking points of their political camp.

In February of this year, the University of Alabama studied 22M GAB posts produced by 336K users between August 2016 and January 2018, pretty much during the entire Trump presidency. Here is what they found:

Hate speech assessment.

As previously discussed, Gab was openly accused of allowing the dissemination of hate speech. In fact, Google removed Gab’s mobile app from its Play Store because it violates their hate speech policy. Due to this, we aim to assess the extent of hate speech in our dataset. Using the modified Hatebase dictionary used by the authors of, we find that 5.4% of all Gab posts include a hate word. In comparison, Gab has 2.4 times the rate of hate words when compared to Twitter...

Link.

So in other words, 94.6% of its postings over much of Gab's existence did not include hate speech.

People who think what is happening to GAB is fine are far more dangerous than any hate speech poster, imo.

Give me break.

edit on 1-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

What the heII is that?

This guy is playing a character. The market was/is ripe for a platform where conservatives can go and freely support conservative policy, show support for Trump, criticize Democrats...make funny memes about Hillary....

...and THIS garbage is what pops up to fill the market demand?

He's a provocateur and poisonous. He's not for real!

I wonder if his mission is complete? Who's going to want to try to build a social platform where conservatives can go and freely support conservative policy, show support for Trump, criticize Democrats...make funny memes about Hillary?

Who wants to live in fear for their life and *be responsible for* allowing mass murder, spreading white supremacy? Duh.

ETA: oh....and not be able to take in money via Paypal!

edit on 11/1/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

People who think what is happening to GAB is fine are far more dangerous than any hate speech poster, imo.

Give me break.

Let the yahoo's say whatever they want.

There's a benefit to having free speech unconditionally.

It serves as an outlet to the duranged. Making it illegal doesn't change a sick person's mind, it will only make them act instead of speaking.

It also radicalizes those caught in the crossfire who never conducted hate speech.

When people put it all out in the open and say truly heinous garbage like threats... At least it tips off authorities on who to keep an eye on.

By all means, push the crazies into realms where they can't be seen. That's when things will get bad.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Y'know, when it comes to topics like this regarding things being censored, one of the most common things I always hear/read is that many people are ok with it because it's "hate speech". Whether or not it is doesn't matter, it's always assumed to be.

Now I'm a hispanic male and I grew up dealing with racism. I've had people harass me because of my skin color. I've dealt with what people nowadays call "micro-aggressions" because of my skin color. I've even been told by someone I worked with that our boss once told her "You see that mexican over there? It would be typical of him to steal your tips." after he asked her how her tips were that evening. The point I'm getting to is that I've dealt with many of the hateful things people want sites shut down over, and I still believe this quote:

www.azquotes.com... -30-37-18.jpg

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I believe in freedom of speech. I also have a weird sense of humor, which I tend to bring into almost any type of conversation. I even had someone here question my character because of how I like to paint visuals. I also know that to have true freedom of speech, you must allow things you don't like to speak as well.

I do not agree with any of those racists out there, but they have the right to be that way, just as we have the right to tell them they suck. The moment you allow censorship to be allowed in any way, then you start going down a slippery slope that will eventually lead to more things being censored. I mean, people fought for years to be able to say and do things that weren't acceptable, and when we finally reached the point where we could, people are now fighting to take that away, and when they're taken, they applaud. Good proof of this is the latest season of South Park. You can tell they know they're on their way out and it looks like they're trying to annoy as many as they can while they're departing.

It kind of makes me wonder how many of the people that are ok with "hateful" websites being shut down are supporters of net neutrality.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You have this so wrong, imo.

edit on 1-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
lmfao hate speech.

This World is too cute anymore.

I read something mean on the screen. I must act now! lol.

LogIX iz H4rd.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

If you are saying that racist speech is not the single most important issue facing this country and refuse to act *as directed* in response to it, then you harbor racist hate in your heart.

That's not an exaggeration of the current sociopolitical atmosphere.

You are putting the First Amendment above racism and that's all it takes to end the debate. The 'national conversation on race' doesn't go any further than that.

(And even though I don't think most people genuinely believe that, we are all going to proceed as if they do. Reality is not going to dictate what the record will show.)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Gab Founder Blames Media After Parents Targeted in Alleged Murder Attempt

‘This is terrorism, incited by the media. Pray for us,’ says Andrew Torba

twitter.com... .infowars.com%2Fgab-founder-blames-media-after-parents-targeted-in-alleged-murder-attempt%2F

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Interesting information.

I think you may agree that even if the forum was 96% hate speech, it should not be 'shut down'.

This shutting down of hate speech is crazy, but reinforces the modern way or 'zero analysis, zero debate, just shut it down before someone gets killed'.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Ok, answer these if you would be so kind. Have you dealt with racism, or have you just seen it?? I'm not going to say you don't know what you're talking about, but our perspectives are based on our experiences. I have dealt with much of that stuff, and I have lived in a lot of areas full of racists. From my perspective, the perspective of someone who's dealt with this stuff, things ARE getting better. Sure, it's a slow process, but it is happening. You can see it all around us if you just stop focusing on the bad. Yes, we still have room for improvement, but it's always been getting better.

The only reason you're seeing a lot of push-back lately is because people are getting impatient and trying to force it to happen faster. When has anything forced been a smooth process?? Also, when has anyone ever changed their mind on a topic when they're being censored about it?? You don't change minds with censorship, you change minds by letting them speak, listening, and debating. Well, that's assuming they're willing to debate, but it's their right to keep their minds closed if they wish.

Personally, I don't believe racism is the single most important issue facing this country today, but I feel it's being made to be that because we currently live in a world where people find it very hard to control their emotions, and racism is a very easy way to keep us divided. Nobody out there is willing to see that there is a lot less racism now than there ever was and it's continuing to get better, no, all people want to see is that it's not a color-blind utopia yet so let's shut down everything we don't like until it is.

I don't want a world where one can't speak their mind, one can't see color, and one can't appreciate and absorb other cultures, but that's the direction many seem to want us to go. Don't say anything mean, don't see color, and don't appropriate other cultures.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

can we say DRAMA...
If something happens... lol.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

If you turn the gas on and turn the burner on all you get is a barbecue. We do it all the time. LOL. More drama.
If the burner was on the gas burned up and no one was in any danger. Unless they burned the steaks and that is a terrorist act.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Your naivete is astonishing. Of course the deep state wouldn't create a site with a phony spokesperson to lure in malcontents and people like Bowers to keep track of them and get evidence of their intent. Do you think the 3letters are just a bunch of Barney's searching for their bullet. Get real...Torba even looks like a "cop"

I even question the veracity of ATS at times.

"anonymity" ....don't make me laugh.

you think I'm paranoid...Read Jim Marrs...the 4th Reich. If you aren't paranoid, you just aren't paying attention!!

sheeeeesh.....!
edit on 1-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join