It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAB CEO: ' Screenshot this...'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
As most people are aware, GAB has been taken off the map.

Gab.com getting deplatformed: stripe, paypal, joyent...

This morning, Andrew Torba tweeted the following:

twitter.com...

I just want everyone to know that I am happy, healthy, optimistic, and don’t have any plans to harm myself or others.

If something happens to me or my family it is certainly a conspiracy and you should investigate it.

Screenshot this and save it.

This is certainly an interesting tweet. Sounds like he thinks someone is going to go after him personally.

Here's the Yahoo article he references in his post:

www.google.com...

ETA:

By the way, for those of you who keep spouting GAB is a massive haven for hate speech, where's your evidence?

In February of this year, the University of Alabama studied 22M GAB posts produced by 336K users between August 2016 and January 2018, and found 94.6% of its postings did not include hate speech.

Roughly two percentage points and change under Twitter.

edit on 1-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Go to their website and see what they posted.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

or he his just an attention whore ?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Smart move.

When you're acting against the interests of the Deep State things tend to go a little... Bad.

Hopefully he stays safe.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Just stirring up the controversy, he seems like one of those needy types, gotta keep his name relevant.
I highly doubt he's in any kind of danger, what's the motivation?
Oh yeah of course, "deep state", how could I forget....

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Who cares? It was literally a platform for hate speech. It needed to be shut down.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Why would anyone be going after him? Before this week I had never even heard of the site. He's not exactly a major player and he hasn't done anything to piss off the government.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

You're either too naive or ignorant if you do not admit there's a group in the government acting secrecy in his own interests.

This small coup owns the mainstream social media as Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc. GAB is a threat to them because people can express their opinion without being censored or spied on. So as the independent media.

Do you sincerely believes the government wants you to think from yourself, take your own conclusions of things and still support them?

Pff, gimme a break.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

You mean like Twitter and Facebook?

link   

Gawd, conservatives are always playing the victim. The only people who give a crap about Gab or this guy are the violent white supremacists who infest his site cuz.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Why would anyone be going after him? Before this week I had never even heard of the site. He's not exactly a major player and he hasn't done anything to piss off the government.

For someone who hasn't even heard of the guy before you seem to know alot about it.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Who cares? It was literally a platform for hate speech. It needed to be shut down.

The more taboo you make certain forms of speech, the more prevalent they become.

I don't see what people feel like they can accomplish by trying to silence someone.

I in no way support, or advocate hate speech, but who gets to decide what falls into that realm?

Even if we make laws against it, how well do laws work, especially when it comes to things people say?

And beyond all else, the more you try to take someones right away to say what they want, the harder they'll push back.
edit on 1-11-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Do you have examples of what this hate speech is on Gab, if never visited that site? Nowadays it seems that any opinion to the right of Carl Marx himself is labeled as hatespeech...

As long one is not calling for violence and stays within the laws of the land, any speech is okay with me.

Do you agree?

If not, do you also think Maxine Waters and the likes need to be censored? She is actually calling for violence...

My opinion: speech is under attack bigtime. It should worry everybody.
Please believe me, this is not an American problem. It happens in the EU just as bad, and don’t forget about China...
edit on 17-05-1983 by Goedhardt because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-05-1983 by Goedhardt because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Gawd, conservatives are always playing the victim. The only people who give a crap about Gab or this guy are the violent white supremacists who infest his site cuz.

You are regressing into oblivion .
I hear that is what deep TDS leads to.

edit on 11/1/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Andrew Torba interview:

Yeah, he sounds like a real hater.

/Sarc
edit on 1-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

GAB is a threat to them because people can express their opinion without being censored or spied on.

The same could be said about ATS. Over the past seven days ATS has had over 500,000 visitors. That's more users than Gab had for the entire month of April. So why would they consider Gab to be a threat but not ATS?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

What defines a threat?

Someone says something you don't like?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Who said they don’t?

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Clearly a troll which I shouldn’t reply to but....

There is so much fundamentally wrong with your statement that if others agree all hope for humanity is doomed.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

A member of GAB went on a shooting spree and they get shut down. Who says it's a platform for hate speech? The Fake News..that's who. Do your research. Hateful people post on all sites. Especially Twitter. I didn't see Twitter shut down Cesar Soyac posting death threats to a political pundit...and many other hateful posts he made.

By your logic, ATS would've been shut down because the Arizona shooter Loughner posted here. If someone from this site did that nowadays it's entirely possible that ATS would be called a platform for hate speech and shut down.

Nobody is a mindreader and can predict when someone will "go postal". ATS has great moderators who are very good at preventing extremist views and posts. That doesn't mean that fake news..deep state won't spin the narrative to paint ATS as an extremists site.

Free speech is not free if you don't agree with "them".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join