It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Part of the World

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The smoke of their torment ariseth before them for ever and ever. Talk about not understanding English.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

no at the bottom of the Chapter ALL UNSAVED who are not found in the book of life are put into the lake of fire, and that is where the smoke of their torment ariseth for ever and ever. Compare Scripture with Scripture and there is a clear picture of eternal long home for you ahead.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Text Revelation 14, the word is "Rest", might want to study rest in context. Translating greek/hebrew to english is tricky Rest in Jesus

Revelation 14:9-11
(9) And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
(10) The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
(11) And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

When I read this it is my understanding of a warning to the ungodly of this particular resurrection that the punishment for allegiance to the beast or its image or receives its mark of allegiance will be tormented in the domain of this lake of fire forever. This is not the final resurrection or commonly known as the white Throne Judgement but is the resurrection after the tribulation [Jacobs tribulation].

Now this differs from humanity that is in hell [which is the final resurrection] in that to be in hell in the first place means that one has to already have been judged. Humanity that is in hell is not judged again in the final judgement because they have already met judgment and found unfit to be in the kingdom of heaven. Hell is automatically cast into perdition.

Unrest from torment is not rest in Jesus. Rest in the Christ Jesus has several meanings to several groups of our humanity. It can apply to the matured dead such as are under the alter of God and it can apply to those who are asleep in the bosom of Jesus who are those that have not been judged such as the aborted or unaccountable.

To have unrest would imply that one is always aware of the separation from the Creator. One thing that is often overlooked in this theology is that these spirits that are imprisoned in this domain are bodiless spirits just as they are in hell. Only the accepted spirits of mankind will receive a spiritual body of everlasting life. This could be a portion of their torment along with great discomfort. The smoke of their torment is [in my understanding] is the residue of this domain escaping as we understand smoke from a furnace. I do not see torture involved but I do see eternal regret or torment of being separated from God forever.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join