It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Channel beats MSNBC, CNN combined in October viewership

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

What has Fox lied about?

Really man?
We can't let ourselves be blinded by opposition and partisanship,no?
Go Tigers yo!! Sat's gonna be a blast!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

What do demographics have to do with it?

The average fox news viewers are older than the average CNN viewers. So you would think CNN is still more appealing to advertisers, even though their US ratings are lower than fox... Since older people are more likely to be set in their ways and less likely to be open to new products and services.

More than that though, pay tv in general seems to be dying a slow death... A lot of people under 50 that I know who have cable, only really use it for sports... They generally use live streaming and the internet far more than pay tv.

Seems to me that fox news is attempting to stay relevant, by appealing to a strictly US conservative (older) audience (which isn't stupid, since its a massive & lucrative market)... Where as CNN is attempting to appeal to an international audience as a whole.

Seriously though, although CNN has become just as bad as fox news since Trump got elected, when it comes to the biased political analyst segments... If you took the whole political analyst propaganda BS away from both networks, then judged them both on the news & currant affairs the produce... CNN would completely annihilate fox, when it comes to quality, culturally diverse and sophisticated reporting of current events in the world.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I see, so whenever you say "MSM" you are excluding the most popular MSM around. Sounds fair.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: JDmOKI

O please. Fox isn't like CNN with Trump because trump is republican. Fox went crazy over Obama. Saying he wasn't born in America, was a secret Muslim, and tried to stir up race wars.

Fox is exhausting. Are you joking.. They are the exact other side of CNN. You people amaze me in your blind ignorance towards fox..

So Barry Sotero changed his name to Barrak Hussein Obama because he wasn't muslim?

He never changed his name. He was born Barack Hussein Obama.

Where do people come up with this BS?

From Michelle. She called Kenya his home country.

I think you quoted the wrong person. At least, if you quoted me on purpose, your response makes no sense.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That's why conservatives hate CNN and claim it's all fake and biased. First, they don't watch it to know, they just go off of what they're told. Second, it goes against their beliefs so it automatically becomes the devil.

See how easy that was?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Fox News channel would do even better if they got rid of Juan Williams and Shepard Smith.

Juan Williams just insinuated that President Trump is Behind These Caravans coming. What a lowbrow idiot.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So old people that still have cable watch FOX News more than any other "news" station... who's surprised by this? They are old... and still have cable! I don't see how this is a claim of anything... certainly not "winning" at anything.

Perhaps the claim of 'More Fox News viewers are old and out of touch with how people get news these days'? Winning!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: LSU2018

That's why conservatives hate CNN and claim it's all fake and biased. First, they don't watch it to know, they just go off of what they're told. Second, it goes against their beliefs so it automatically becomes the devil.

See how easy that was?

Also, after years and years of FOX consistently being rated as the most inaccurate and sensationalist news SHOW ---
they (devoutees to the inaccurate drama) --- has to turn the finger pointing around.

"Don't play the victim to circumstances you created"

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

When a station reports 90% negativity on a president that's doing great things for this country, they're not reporting factual information. Just timely opinions. Fox has a 50/50 positive/negative coverage of Trump. The mainstream media spent 8 years covering up for Obama for fear of being called racist. People got sick of it and started to turn to a station that would be more balanced and unafraid.

In both cases you just cited, the news media were primarily presenting opinions, not facts.

90% negative = the reportage was opinion (polarised against the POTUS).

50/50 = the reportage was more balanced but was of differing opinions.

Real news should not be emotional, but emotion sells.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Fox News channel would do even better if they got rid of Juan Williams and Shepard Smith.

Juan Williams just insinuated that President Trump is Behind These Caravans coming. What a lowbrow idiot.

I suppose it is a good idea to ditch anyone on that opinion network, that has one of those, god forbid, "differing opinions".

I suspected all along that between the two opposing views on the Human beings coming to our border, the current administration has more to gain from the situation, than the people that this admin claims to have created it.
That is, unless Trump's troops have an accident at the border, and accidentally shoot an innocent.
Then it will just be his base that supports that killing.

I think it's just as likely this Caravan is a Trump creation.
But I'm open minded.

PS...
watching any of the cable news networks longer than a few minutes, is for people that have lost their remote controls.

edit on 1-11-2018 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This must be being orchestrate on purpose its the only thing that makes sense

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
What are the democrats running on other than white guy hate and Trump is a racist and we hate him ?

Tucker says it very well IMO youtu.be...

edit on 727stk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Corporate "News" station that bashes the political party that masquerades as if it actually represents me = MSM.

Corporate "News" station that stokes my confirmation bias = Truth TV.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I don't know why this is a shocking news. A Fox viewer will watch Fox and nothing else. All day viewership.

A regular viewer will watch CNN for an hour or so, watch MSNBC, read a book or magazine, etc. Splitting up the time watching a single news source.

The 24/7 Fox viewers skew the ratings bell curve.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

Explains how Trump got elected. Also I wouldn't brag about ratings. Fox news is basically the only mainstream conservative news channel while Liberals have a wide variety to choose from.

Combine all the ratings from left leaning news sources and you would get a more accurate reading of who is more popular.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: je55ejame5
STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

Explains how Trump got elected. Also I wouldn't brag about ratings. Fox news is basically the only mainstream conservative news channel while Liberals have a wide variety to choose from.

Combine all the ratings from left leaning news sources and you would get a more accurate reading of who is more popular.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Living in England, we get Sky News and the BBC. You wouldn't trust either to walk your dog or feed your fish. It's like watching a comedy, and amazingly they got so much worse over the last few years.

I have seen a lot of American news channels over the years and I must say I am amazed that ANYONE actually watches and takes in anything they spew out.
Being on ATS for a long time, I get to see some of the odd and rather strange things they come up with.

So Fox News is the highest rated news outlet?

Game over man, game over.
edit on Sat, 03 Nov 2018 05:44:57 -05000518112018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
I have seen a lot of American news channels over the years and I must say I am amazed that ANYONE actually watches and takes in anything they spew out.

The MSM (which includes Faux) insists our attention to where our Elite Masters that own them want, and away from what they dont want. They sell US on their BS they want US to support. They try to steer US from even thinking about what they dont want US to be against.

Why the F wouldnt We The Little People want to watch all that all day long??????????

<< 1  2  3   >>

join