It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Channel beats MSNBC, CNN combined in October viewership

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
So Foxnews is THE main stream media?

2.8 million out of 130+ million registered voters.

LOL main stream?

NO.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Who watches TV news anymore?

Most people I know get their news from the internet.

From the OP: "Fox News averaged 2.8 million primetime viewers as ESPN averaged 2.7 million and TBS picked up 2.5 million to round out the top three. MSNBC finished fourth, averaging 1.5 million primetime viewers and..."

Well, there's 9.5 million primetime viewing people right there who disagree with you. Simple fact is, advertisers wouldn't pay a cent if they didn't feel they were reaching a large number of viewers...

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey
Well, there's 9.5 million primetime viewing people right there who disagree with you. Simple fact is, advertisers wouldn't pay a cent if they didn't feel they were reaching a large number of viewers...

I'm sure some people are included in more than one group, with people that watched Fox and, for example, ESPN.

Although I suppose that information is not included, that's one of the reasons why I would like to see the original statistics.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: 727Sky

Also could you post the age groups of the people watching each network?

And demographics.

Why does the age group or demographic even matter? Does that mean anything?

Old liberals watch CNN and msnbc old conservatives watch fox News.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

How does Fox compare to ABC, NBC, CBS?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Meh, it's all Voodoo Statistanomics. Peeps gonna cherrypick what suits their particular needs. I am just wondering what voter turnout is going to be for under 30's, and which way they lean.

Millennials are fixing to be the number one voting group, but depending on the poll, only 1/3 or 1/2 are gonna vote. Still, that's a giant number of people.

www.nbcnews.com...

fortune.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
That's great. Many people on here excuse FOX news from the same MSM critique that the leftist media get because leftist media is SOO much bigger.

Well, I guess that excuse is no longer valid.

So now let's be honest and stop giving Fox a free pass. They have lied and misled the public with more viewers than CNN.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

MSM = old folks minipulation networks

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I'll fix that sentence for you. "Americans are tuning out of the liberal lies and tuning in to Fox lies."

There ya go. Now you don't sound so silly with the illusion that FOX is any different than CNN regarding truth and bias.

You can thank me later.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I guess that means Fox News is more mainstream than its competitors.

It's news for the right people.

There's no strawman argument allowed when it doesn't benefit them...
Guess who watches prime time news at 8pm to 11pm: ding doing.

Guess who's home watching news in the early morning to early afternoon : ding ding ding.

Guess fox news' targeted demographic... Ding doing.

um...ordinary working Americans?

I do see house liberals like Juan Williams and invited leftist guests on all these shows so there is balance. how many conservatives are allowed to speak on CNN/MSNBC?

not that I watch Fox 24/7 but that's where I go when I do watch news.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

CNN is basically "omg guess what Trump said or did today" network. They analyze and twist everything he says 24/7 and I really just go to the their website for entertainment.

Fox News at least hasn't completely lost their collective minds over a president but also trash propaganda just not as Exhausting as cnn.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Big deal . They're all as real as kayfabe.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHA..."behind Hallmark Channel and HGTV."

I'm sorry, but that's just funny right there...those are probably the elderly wives of the elderly men watching FoxNews

My mother-in-law lives with us because of health reasons, and her TV is always either on Hallmark or Lifetime...unless Steve Harvey is on. She just loves that man.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
So Foxnews is THE main stream media?

Nice!

Technically, Yes for the month. Effectively, No overall. Still the underdog in everything but October viewership

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Its like the E! channel just for Trump.

Its his lifelong wet dream to have everyone talking about him.

Theres no such thing as bad press.

This is why he is considered a master Troll.

T-2020

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

O please. Fox isn't like CNN with Trump because trump is republican. Fox went crazy over Obama. Saying he wasn't born in America, was a secret Muslim, and tried to stir up race wars.

Fox is exhausting. Are you joking.. They are the exact other side of CNN. You people amaze me in your blind ignorance towards fox..

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

O please. Fox isn't like CNN with Trump because trump is republican. Fox went crazy over Obama. Saying he wasn't born in America, was a secret Muslim, and tried to stir up race wars.

Fox is exhausting. Are you joking.. They are the exact other side of CNN. You people amaze me in your blind ignorance towards fox..

So Barry Sotero changed his name to Barrak Hussein Obama because he wasn't muslim?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

CNN also has conservative guests on debates, but their appearances are limited, like FOX.

Both have a large majority of segments to push their agenda and political bias. By the time they get a democrat guest, you're already worked into a republican frenzy and probably won't listen to a word the democrat says.

CNN does the same . Art of propaganda.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Technically, Yes for the month. Effectively, No overall. Still the underdog in everything but October viewership

From what I have seen after a few searches, Fox has been the most viewed for several years. I'll try to find it again.

Edited to add one example of what I said above.

Despite being the most-watched cable network in total day, and the most-watched cable news network in all relevant dayparts for the 65th straight quarter (since 2002), FNC was down double digits versus Q1 2017, Fox News’s most-watched quarter ever, and the infancy of the Trump administration. Fox News was -13 percent in total viewers and -14 percent in demo viewers during prime time, and -16 percent in total viewers and -16 percent in demo viewers in total day (6 a.m. – 6 a.m.).

Source
edit on 1/11/2018 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Did my post sound like I was defending fox News and you're blind if you think fox was worse under obama. Liberal media has lost it under Trump. Completely lost it and it's laughable

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join