It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico's Supreme Court legalizes cannabis for recreational use

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Places its been legalized is bringing in too much money to be ignored, eventually even in the bible belt.

Well, Ontario and New Brunswick can't seem to make any money selling legal dope. The former apparently lost $42 million dollars in the first year.
Worst dealer ever!

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I've never quite understood how prices are set for weed, anyway. I understand that the legal dispensaries in California are hurting because the government keeps raising taxes on them, so they can't compete with the illegal weed business, but I really believe that's only because they keep trying to maintain what they feel is a high-profit retail price.

They have to do what every business needs to do to compete, and follow the example created by liquor retailers. They need to work harder to consolidate their suppliers, start creating franchises like Burger King to negotiate better supplier prices, promote the quality and reliability of their product, and reduce their prices to the point where making an illegal purchase isn't worth the difference. Yeah, there are some people who still buy illegal moonshine, but for the most part people will buy from a legal, trusted source if the prices are competitive for what you get.

They'll figure it out eventually.

As for the Mexicans, well... expect more killings as the cartels lose their market share.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

I have never liked pot, I tried it as a teen (peer pressure), and I hated it. The smell, the effects, hated it.

I have now seen how many people benefit from it, ptsd, epilepsy, cancer, glaucoma. Some people swear it makes a difference.

I’m all for legalizing it to:

1.). Keep laced marajuana off the streets

2.). Money revenue

3.). Less use of other drugs, alcohol

I still could never use it, still hate it; but see others point of view.

edit on 25-11-2019 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

i agree, you never know what you are getting when you purchase anything off the street.
you could be ingesting toxins.

pesticides, fungicide, mold,

some yucky stuff out there.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
People must be subscribing like mad to Dr. Greenthumb's youtube channel.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

You got that right, brother. Maybe they ought to do all drugs like Portugal and stop these crime cartels.

Even still in Columbia, innocent people are being slaughtered still by the cartels, let alone the Mexico carnage going on.
Read this story about the carnage still going on in Columbia. Warning, it’s heartbreaking. www.thedailybeast.com...

I thought Jersey would legalize it, but they wimped out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join