It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico's Supreme Court legalizes cannabis for recreational use

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hey USA! Canada has tried it. Mexico has tried it. You'd really be a fool if you didn't try it!

--Peer Pressure Rout to Legalization

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Good for Mexico.

I think this shouldnt be a left / right issue. Its something a large majority of Americans can agree on. And theres hardly any issues like that.
edit on 1-11-2018 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

Im being facetious, I may or may not have been smoking off and on since the early 90s in school. lol

The older I get, the more real normal good people smoke too. Prohibition never seems to work

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Good for Mexico.

I think this shouldnt be a left / right issue. Its something a large majority of Americans can agree on. And theres hardly any issues like that.

Oh, it's not a right/left issue now, but it will be when the Conservative evangelicals voice their opinion and we know who listens to the evangelicals. We know that money and taxes will eventually be brought into the mix. This is business, a potential billion dollar business and they elected a businessman remember.

This is just the beginning....

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Good for Mexico.

I agree 100%...

there is so much upside...

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Good for Mexico.

I agree 100%...

there is so much upside...

And zero downside.

(slowly grabs bag of skittles)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

"The rulings pave the way for adults to use marijuana in any way they see fit. We aren't just talking about recreational use," Froylán Enciso, a drug policy researcher at Mexico's social sciences institute, the CIDE, told UPI.

on the heels of canada legalizing cannabis along comes mexico.
this leaves the united states as the only nation in north america with illegal cannabis at the federal level.
the wind of change is in the air and it smells like a skunk.
:-)

it's about time the united states does the same and make cannabis legal at the federal level.
we need to free up our police to handle other crimes. this would help take pressure of off an already undermanned police force.

Good...Then maybe we can work on getting them to legalize opium...Look at all the people who are dependent upon morphine pills...Cut out the middle man (Pharm companies and pharmacies)...Save big bucks...

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Um... hate to burst everyone's bubble but no they didn't..

It has not been legalized, what has happened is a precedent has been set due to similar decisions in 5 other cases.
This means all courts now must make judgements which follow suit. However, this should not be confused with legalization that would be done by via legislature.

Simply put, it is still illegal but if you spend enough money to take it to the court systems you could probably get away with it - see the issue

edit on 1-11-2018 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

this leaves the united states as the only nation in north america with illegal cannabis at the federal level.

Actually there are 23 sovereign states in north america. It leaves about 21.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
When kids and Young youth start using it its going to end badly

Lmao because they don't do already.. lmao

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger right on!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: byteshertz

Um... hate to burst everyone's bubble but no they didn't..

It has not been legalized, what has happened is a precedent has been set due to similar decisions in 5 other cases.
This means all courts now must make judgements which follow suit. However, this should not be confused with legalization that would be done by via legislature.

Simply put, it is still illegal but if you spend enough money to take it to the court systems you could probably get away with it - see the issue

i heard this earlier today.
following up i found this:
newsweek article

Mexico is set to legalize the sale of marijuana-based products early next year, despite the country’s struggles with the illicit drug trade. On Wednesday, Mexico’s health regulator announced plans to permit the sale of cannabis-based foods, drinks, medicines and cosmetics in the market. Arturo Tornel, spokesman for health regulator Cofepris (The Federal Commission for the Protection Against Sanitary Risk), said that the agency plans to formally publish the regulation for marijuana-based goods within the next few days, allowing those items to enter the Mexico market in about a month.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The Mexican Congress now has 90 days to rewrite the nation’s drug laws to comply with the rulings, “at which point the reform will assume de jure status,” according to Transform. It remains unclear what Congress will do in response to the ruling. While it could set up a system involving taxation and commercial sales, it could also adopt a more limited approach that would make marijuana possession and use legal but not sales. That’s similar to the regulatory situation in Vermont and the District of Columbia.

The ruling in Mexico means that there is now a continuous line of legalization jurisdictions along the western coast of North America, running from north of the Arctic Circle to south of the Tropic of Cancer. Voters in North Dakota and Michigan will decide whether to legalize recreational marijuana next week, while lawmakers in New Jersey hope to legalize marijuana through the state legislature by the year’s end.

washingtonpost.com - Me xico’s Supreme Court overturns country’s ban on recreational marijuana.

The US should get off its big pharma lined @$$ and do two things. First, take industrial hemp off of schedule 1 (process is underway for this nationally). Second, make medicinal marijuana legal over the whole United States. That way, the little kids that need the real deal MJ containing CBD oil to live a normal life can get the medicine they need instead this BS piecemeal legalization, state by state.

If they can force health care on you, you should force real deal legalization on them!

Go out and vote!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
...and in other news, the immigrant caravan stopped moving north.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Yey for another country!! more tacos for everyone

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's demanded by God in Scripture!!!...kanabos.....the three herbs for anointing oil along with three others ....two kinds of cinnamon...in there...in Exodus in the Bible....Scripture gives the plural version...kanaboshm or something...
Also every green plant that bears seed for food....ya don't have to go far in Scripture for that one....sixtyfour books....which one has that?

First book...
Lots of chapters in the first book Genesis....which chapter?........FIRST chapter

The annointi g oil was rubbed onto Jesus feet.....and was used for relief of discomfort!

Here in Texas. We have done got ourselves surrounded....in a Texas Haze
edit on 2-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaliMayh3m
...and in other news, the immigrant caravan stopped moving north.

lmfao!

Also i have looked into the future and can see that suddenly in the next months Mexico's farm land is going to become an important part of the economy again

edit on 2-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Another reason not to come to America.
LoL

Well done Mexico, now if only my own nation could drag its self out of the draconian stone age where the recreational use of what amounts to a herb is concerned.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Looks like big business is going to use Mexico as a proving ground for all kinds of marijuana-based products. Kind of a cold opening to the tapping into the American market full bore in a few years. It makes sense once they show profit margins and allow the politicians to figure out how to get their cut it will slowly be available throughout the US in pardon the pun rolling legalization. Places its been legalized is bringing in too much money to be ignored, eventually even in the bible belt.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join