It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Party politics is stifling individuals opinions!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The real problem with any political party is you vote for them you get all of their values, whether they are the same as yours or not.

Almost every party I have ever read about has some great ideas, but they also seem to add a lot of crap, that is not part of my personal values.

Are you really proud of your politicians? Do you agree with everything your party stands and everything they have done?

Do you ever feel like even though you vote, that your values are not being represented?

It seems having two major parties is a way stereotyping ourselves into two main groups, whose goal is to oppose each other.

Divided we the people fall, while the elite gain power and riches.

Do you fit in a box marked R or D, or do you have opinions and values that differ from others?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I doubt you find anyone on this site that will identify as a Democrat or Republican. I see myself as a forgotten old-school liberal. Trump pushes the same policies as the left did 15-20 years ago and it's all of a sudden alt-right policy. It's like bizarro world in politics right now, but as of right now I'm a Trump supporter and hate both parties.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Ummmm, Corporations are stifling public opinion. For those who still believe Corporations don't run our government, just look at the agenda being promoted and those who speak out against it and being silenced for speaking their mind. Do you see our government speaking out against it???

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Thanks for your reply, I saw a US congressman apologize to an oil exec during deep water!

We know who the corporate politicians kneel before.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This applies now as much as it did when created in the 18th century. Only now it applies to political parties and affiliation.

We, as a country must join together or die as a country. We are Americans...all.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: seeker1963

Thanks for your reply, I saw a US congressman apologize to an oil exec during deep water!

We know who the corporate politicians kneel before.

Yep! They go by both parties too. D and R. I saw the google farce when the committee had Google execs come to Congress to answer questions. It was a dog and pony show for those smart enough to realize that Google donated $$$$$ to heads of BOTH parties of the committee.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It really is. We're not allowed to have an opinion and when we do we're going to get reemed for it. Luckily, I like to argue and I have an aggressive/assertive demeanor if someone is trying to belittle me or talk down to me.

Try walking into a room and have multiple people talk about politics or the last election specifically and having everyone in the room mad at you because you think Trump is a tool and you think Hillary is scum. Then telling them you didn't vote for either of them cause you don't vote for shady people.

In the same conversation a Trump voter will call me a libtard...and a Democrat will tell me that I should be ashamed for wasting my vote.

Too bad suckers.

Nobody likes me! LOL
edit on 31-10-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I accept that the people we vote for may not share our personal values. I try to determine if a candidate is good for our area. I try to determine if the candidate is trying to change things without thinking things through, too much change too fast is not good for society. A small advancement is good, but you need to look after the rights of all people, not just a group that benefits by some action.

I wish Trumps policies would have worked to bring jobs back to America. The problem is we have been giving our money to other nations for too long, they are spoiled, they tax their imports but do not want us to tax our imports. Our allies seem to be the ones that hurt us a lot, they are worried about their economies and businesses but do not want us to care about ours.

I do not know which party is more responsible for letting this happen. But I do know that good ol Bill had a major part in screwing us, not just Monika.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The "single-parti" MSM has won every election since forever.

😎

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am a Libertarian , which is the party that closes matches my beliefs.

Less government more freedom.

Curious as to what the Green party brings to the table.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Trump voters didn't acknowledge that they were voting for him in 2016. Hence, the totally screwed up polls.

Many Democrats are voting for Republican candidates next week, or simply sitting this election out. Naturally, they aren't divulging this to anyone.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Of course I don’t agree with any party 100%, but one party is totally off the rails so you do the best you can when you vote.

I did a test once and I was 70% Libertarian, 50% Republican and 10% Democrat so even under the best of circumstances I am only getting 70% representation of my values. Not so good, but what can you do?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
I am a Libertarian , which is the party that closes matches my beliefs.

Less government more freedom.

Curious as to what the Green party brings to the table.

Ummm...As too am I...I'm a Libertarian...and...a Liberal...and...a Conservative...

I'm changing the Libertarian motto to..."Give me Liberty...or...I plant my steel toed boot squarely in your nut sack"...

The Green Party are environmentalists for the most part...as long as they use common sense and leave off the militancy then they're cool as well...

Yousir
edit on 31-10-2018 by YouSir because: fairness follows the rule of three's...

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Ummm...your right...we don't like you...loser...

Ha...Ha...Ha...Ha...Ha...

Joking...your Amazing...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I'm changing the Libertarian motto to..."Give me Liberty...or...I plant my steel toed boot squarely in your nut sack"...

Love it !

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Amen. I am with you.

Unless you engage in a predetermined format, you will receive little to no response. Or be called a name.

I have no idea how to communicate with most of the people I know on this. The ONLY thing I have found to work even a little is try to nail them down on why they believe in whatever. You'd be surprised how hard it is for some folks.

Not simply - I believe in "the 2A" or I believe in "gay rights". Nope. Ask them why. Then - here's the biggy - ask them how a politician is supposed to further what they feel/think. Most people just go blank.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Libertarians are great until they have to enforce everybody else's rights.

😎

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I can only really speak about here in the UK but its my firm opinion that party politics has outlived its purpose.
Its time for radical reform of both our electoral and parliamentary processes.

Of what I see and hear about the US I can only say that I get the impression that you are even more in need of similar reform.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
One village is a village of liars and the other is the village of truth...or maybe the liars culled the village of truth, and they are both liars.

And I said to my self...f this, I'm just going through the middle to see what both sides are like from the horizon.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Funny how few people want to hear the truth about their party, yet congress keeps getting poor rating from those same people.

Why can't we vote on issues and take out the middle man? Do we really need to be represented in this day of instant communication?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join