It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud Boys being removed from Facebook.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I wonder if the US Government can censor FB for censoring??? Wouldn't that be a hoot, The US Government removes FB internet privileges, sounds like a great SC case.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: angeldoll
Boy, Tump sure has opened a big old nasty can of Nazi/KKK worms, eh.

"everyone I don't like is Hitler"

I'm sorry you feel that way.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Arnie123
I can't wait for social media cases to hit the SC and gives those execs a pause.

I hope the GOP does try and shut FB down but how will they handle 214 million FB users that will be howling for their blood.

Might as well close down google while the're at it. Free expression of a private business has no place in America....MAGA

I'm sick of all the advertisements clogging up the cyberwave...

If you are so much for free speech as you pretend to be, where is your outrage for GAB.AI to be shut down??? OH yea, that's right, Gab allows people to speak FREELY!

link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

But here's the problem. Antifa is a problem, agreed. Minor though. Just don't turn your back on them if you disagree with them but as a whole, they're pretty harmless.

The proud boys are alt right, like KKK or White supremists. That's a really disgusting group of people.

As with most things, it's okay to dislike both groups. And I would say, the white supremists are slightly more dangerous.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The proud boys are basically like you and me. It’s members include Hispanics, Asians, African-Americans and white people .

The whole KKK narrative is a bunch of crap . Do a little research on your own then come back and we will talk .

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

The proud boys are basically like you and me. It’s members include Hispanics, Asians, African-Americans and white people .

The whole KKK narrative is a bunch of crap . Do a little research on your own then come back and we will talk .

I did, they don't allow women to join, they attend 'Unite the right" type rallies. A lot of them are anti semetic.

Look them up and get back to me bro. I'm not like any proud boy. Would love for a couple of them to try to bully me.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Sorry, I only got as far as "same as antifa" before the hilarity simply overtook me.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I can't wait for social media cases to hit the SC and gives those execs a pause.

I hope the GOP does try and shut FB down but how will they handle 214 million FB users that will be howling for their blood.

Might as well close down google while the're at it. Free expression of a private business has no place in America....MAGA

If you are so much for free speech as you pretend to be, where is your outrage for GAB.AI to be shut down??? OH yea, that's right, Gab allows people to speak FREELY!

Actually I don't think GAB should have been shut down. We need to know what guys like Robert Bowers are up to.

Or Stormfront, Discord, Centipede Central etc. for that matter...I am for free speech.

edit on 31-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Actually I don't think GAB should have been shut down. We need to know what guys like Robert Bowers are up to.

Well Halleluiah! You and I finally agree on something. Your right! If we disallow people to speak freely and push them into the underground from censorship how do we know what they actually are thinking?

Freedom of speech isn't about being offended by another persons thoughts and banning them, but being able to have a debate to air out our differences by words. If we don't have that we end up with violence!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I doubt if I’d want my woman involved in the fight either. I don’t consider that sexist I consider it commonsense .

Have you ever heard of tiny he is samoan and belongs to the evil proud boys white nationalist .

If you think every one on the unite the right rally is a white supremacist this conversation will probably go nowhere. There were around 150 KKK members at Charlottesville plus somewhere near 75 white supremacist. The other thousands of people werr to protesting against tearing down statues. Reread my previous statements and guess who crashed the protest in an attempt to shut it down .

According to the mainstream media narrative this guy is a white supremacist.

When you do objective research on a person, group or organization . If you search with terms like “ proud boys are racist “ that’s the answer you will get .

But with the minor word change such as “ are the proud boys racist “ might actually here a different side of the argument .

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Probably believing in Darwinism. Like you said, little scrawney kids in black, keep trying to fight people bigger then them. Antifa members are either crazy or stupid, either way, not sure why someone would follow them.

Proud boys won’t let the mob bully them.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

If we don't have that we end up with violence!

Speaking of violence...do you think anyone is watching ATS to see who the violent malcontents are?

I do...!!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I have no problem with these platforms pushing off individuals and groups who are known for violence, incivility, or calling for people to act that way.

The issue is, they are only deplatforming conservative/right wing groups and individuals, and allowing leftist, liberal, democrat groups to flourish even though they are doing the same thing. We have elected officials, senators, and congress people calling for incivility as well. Why aren’t those people being deplatformed?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Are they actually a “hate group?”

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I have no problem with these platforms pushing off individuals and groups who are known for violence, incivility, or calling for people to act that way.

The issue is, they are only deplatforming conservative/right wing groups and individuals, and allowing leftist, liberal, democrat groups to flourish even though they are doing the same thing. We have elected officials, senators, and congress people calling for incivility as well. Why aren’t those people being deplatformed?

Agreed 100%! That’s where I have a hard time. You wanna bam one, fine, whatever. But don’t be biased in what you deem to be hateful behavior when there’s a far more violent group representing a certain belief system.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I can't wait for the day, facebook, twitter and Alphabet end up like MySpace.

I tire of them telling me how i should think under the guise of protecting me from mere words.

Who in gods name is forcing you log in to FB, twitter, Alphabet etc. Let's get a rope and show them who's boss.

Oh please, individuals like yourself ignore that not only do several of these companies have vast power, reach, and near monopolies, they are aligned with special interests that want to influence public discourse, elections, you name it. Moreover, companies such as fb or google even have questionable gov ties.

Ignoring this and the danger of such alliances in trying to influence public opinion and society is either incredibly naive, or blatantly dishonest.
edit on 31-10-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Fair question. Maybe, maybe not. I don’t think so. They’ve done enough damage to warrant concern. But compared to ANTIFA, no, just my opinion though.

But that’s the question, who’s judging what’s hateful and what’s not? It’s not a fair application of censorship.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If it’s a men’s org, your first point is moot. There isn’t anything inherently wrong with unite the right rallies, so second point moot. I don’t doubt some are anti Semitic, although where are you pulling that from?

Do you call out Antifa for “bullying” and attacking people?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Fair question. Maybe, maybe not. I don’t think so. They’ve done enough damage to warrant concern. But compared to ANTIFA, no, just my opinion though.

But that’s the question, who’s judging what’s hateful and what’s not? It’s not a fair application of censorship.
I agree there is a double standard.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think it’s obvious that these social networking platforms are biased in what they deem “harmful” or “hateful”. If they want to ban all forms of it, I don’t care one way or the other. I don’t like how they are only applying this censorship to one side.

Maybe I can also reference the growing elimination of comments section on major websites. What site can you go to where there’s a comments section anymore, besides yahoo. I’ll give yahoo that; despite their heavily liberal influenced content they haven’t gotten rid of the comments. But to those that have, if my memory serves me correct, it was largely due to most of the comments being of a conservative base. It feels like they shutdown those comments because it didnt align with a particular narrative.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join