It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud Boys being removed from Facebook.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Personally, I don’t care for this group. From what I’ve read they’re the same thing as ANTIFA but on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Facebook has started banning both individual accounts and pages, as well as associated groups, that are affiliated with the far-right extremist organization the Proud Boys. The news was first reported today by Business Insider, which noted that members of the Proud Boys and adjacent online communities had begun complaining about the takedowns on Twitter.

So Facebook is removing their accounts. I have no problem with that. It’s a business, they can choose who uses their product as long as it doesn’t violate any laws.

Of course there is the gray area regarding constitutionality with the internet, so perhaps a little discussion here may move some people’s opinions one way or the other on that topic.

My problem is that if you’re going to remove the pages from one presumed hate group than you had better sack up and remove the pages from the other. The other, of course, being ANTIFA. By my count ANTIFA has cause more rage, terror and destruction than any of these social groups and should have been the first to go.

The removals come in response to an act of violence in New York City earlier this month, in which members of the Proud Boys assaulted anti-fascist protestors outside a Republican club in Manhattan where Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes, also an original co-founder of Vice Media, was speaking. Facebook confirmed to The Verge that it was banning Proud Boys members and affiliated groups and pages from both its main social network and from Instagram.

So who dictates what a hate group is? It sure isn’t reason and logic.

SOURCE

**hope I put this in the right place.**

**Sorry for any format issues, posted from my mobile**

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oh no not the oh wait

I thought you said Sadboiz.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
bummer
really going to miss them

i kind of cant get the energy up to care enough about anyone getting pulled off facebook or twitter.

i kind of feel like its censorship but then again theyre private deals...

in the end i side with let em stay on. let people check it out if they want.
i dont like # being banned

but someone getting kicked off social media is not on my list of cares really.
i rather them not be booted though

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I can't wait for social media cases to hit the SC and gives those execs a pause.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

“Proud boys are the same as ANTIFA”

You must not have read much about them. I can’t think of once where the proud boys intentionally went to a rally on the left with the intent to shut it down .

Shutting down free-speech is ANTIFA”s MO they even attack prayer rallies and are the instigators.

The proud boys just send them packing each time they try.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Did fb also remove the accounts of Antifa and those associated ?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I can't wait for social media cases to hit the SC and gives those execs a pause.

How? From what I understand social media is not governmentally sponsored or owned. Therefore they don't have to abide by constitutional law. Your post makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Did fb also remove the accounts of Antifa and those associated ?

I looked, and didn’t find anything. I saw articles related to ANTIFA not wanting to be banned, but nothing about them actually being banned. But you know, google and all.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

You must not have read much about them. I can’t think of once where the proud boys intentionally went to a rally on the left with the intent to shut it down .

Shutting down free-speech is ANTIFA”s MO they even attack prayer rallies and are the instigators.

I don’t disagree, but the actions of “proud boys” (I hate saying that out loud), are equally reprehensible. Violence is not the answer. Why stoop to that level?

P.B.’s in trouble.
edit on 31-10-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I hope the GOP does try and shut FB down but how will they handle 214 million FB users that will be howling for their blood.

Might as well close down google while the're at it. Free expression of a private business has no place in America....MAGA

I'm sick of all the advertisements clogging up the cyberwave...
edit on 31-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I can't wait for the day, facebook, twitter and Alphabet end up like MySpace.

I tire of them telling me how i should think under the guise of protecting me from mere words.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I can't wait for the day, facebook, twitter and Alphabet end up like MySpace.

I tire of them telling me how i should think under the guise of protecting me from mere words.

Who in gods name is forcing you log in to FB, twitter, Alphabet etc. Let's get a rope and show them who's boss.

edit on 31-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

They're both scum bullies. I like to think that Antifa stands for something good, and then they go and shout down free speech and hit people in the back of the head with a pipe or something. Proud boys are no better...even the name is ridiculous. What are they proud of...beating up little skinny guys who wear black? LOL Proud boys are definitely no better than Antifa. let's not forget that the proud boys were proud participants in the Unite the right rally and more like it. That's a fact, jack.

edit on 31-10-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Tick tock .... tick tock....

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I hope the GOP does try and shut FB down but how will they handle 214 million FB users that will be howling for their blood.

Thats easy - simply get the voter registries across the country and just ban only the folks who voted against Trump from FB, twitter, instagram. Then, just like what tinysicktears thinks, the rest of us can remain on those platforms laughing hysterically at the skyscreamers melting down at not being able to lie, cheat and steal online anymore.

Go go GOP, do it for olaru12, Arnie and me.....

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

skyscreamers what does that mean? It's a cool word or compound word.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
weird dble freakshow post
edit on 31/10/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Boy, Tump sure has opened a big old nasty can of Nazi/KKK worms, eh.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Dude apparently you missread my post. The proud boys attend rallies for conservative views . ANTIFA crashes those rallies with the intent of shutting them down. According to the militant left the first amendment only applies to them. Any opinion or view they don’t like needs to be destroyed .

Don’t you remember in 2017 going into early do 2018 ( i’m using those dates loosely ) ANTIFA was wild violent and noisy starting fires attacking people breaking #. The police didn’t do much of anything.

Finally the right started fighting back. ( self-defense ) Which greatly reduced ANTIFA’s antics . When the children of ANTIFA had to start fighting grown men they almost evaporated .

In the last year or so the only thing I’ve noticed about ANTIFA is that they are pretty good at stopping punches with their faces.

I doubt anyone could ever win a lawsuit in superior court against FB for censorship or something along those lines .

But I’ve often mused about what would happen to them if 10,000 plus law suits were filed in small claims court. Nobody would win but it would be nice to watch them sweat when their stock takes a hit .

edit on 31-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Boy, Tump sure has opened a big old nasty can of Nazi/KKK worms, eh.

"everyone I don't like is Hitler"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join