It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Transgender a symptom of Schizophrenia?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Sweet by your amazing logic, Murder Rapes Incest are ok they are just natural things that happen maaaaaan.

They were talking about being gay and the thread is about transgender.

Rape, murder and incest are actions people do to one another not emotions or the chemical make up of our brains that has nothing to do anyone else but is an personal biological/psychological dilemma one lives with.

I think the logic on how you interpret that rape and whatnot is the same and OK because of what the poster said is pretty amazing.

The whole premise of if it occurs in nature it must be great is stupid.

But that wasn't the premise but only your interpretation of the questions posed.

(post by mikell removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
please don't slime us schizos'...… Tranny is more a device to quell the burning desire to become an Alter-Ego personified...

I used to go to the 'Denny's' in Phoenix on 7th Avenue Street, at the 2:00 AM turnout...without fail the empty restaurant would get packed with 6 Drag Queens seated in Every booth in the early morning every night. (SRO)

a mardi gras/carnival atmosphere resulted
edit on st30154107388201042018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
post removed by staff

That’s funny, most transgender people I know don’t tell anyone they work with. They’d rather everyone just think they are the gender they live as.
edit on Thu Nov 1 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Drag queens are not transgender. Transvestites do not have gender dysphoria.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
That’s funny, most transgender people I know don’t tell anyone they work with. They’d rather everyone just think they are the gender they live as.

Hmmm, it's almost like people are different and shouldn't be judged by the identity you assume for them.
That is funny.

Although I've gotta say that I'm a little offended at how you choose to label the people you know as transgender even when they have made it clear to you they prefer to be considered the gender they identify as.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Homosex and transgenderism were classed as paraphilias (mental disorders) in the DSM (diagnostic statistical model) of the APA until the 1978 convention in San Franscisco. Activists took over a voting session and locked the doors so delegates could not come in to vote. Their plan narrowly passed. And that's how those behaviors quit being symptoms of mental disorder.

Basically, all of the paraphilias share a positive correlation with population density. As the pressure to compete for a mate is differentialy visited upon young males, the individuals "opt out" of the competition by removing themselves from the mating pool, and effectively immigrating into a subculture where they have better odds for social success.
edit on 1-11-2018 by tovenar because: Auto kerrect and spiel cheque

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: yuppa

Interesting, that´s not the first time I hear that directly from someone who struggles with this.

But let me give you an advice for life. If you can´t trust someone to tell them your feelings, I would not call them friends.

Contrary to what most think, you learn this while getting older and older, there are not much true friends in life. You might have had 20 friends during school time. How many of those would you trust your life?

Rather have 1-2 trustfull persons that you care about the relationship than having 20 people you call friends because you know their forename and how their house looks from the inside.

It´s hard to find those 1-2 persons but eventually you will find them.

Well i have no job,and i cant hold one now since my body is breaking down,and so I have no choice but to keep this to myself because i cannot support myself anymore. And to those who think i like guys, gag me with a spoon m kay? lol.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I’m friends with them, goofball. They don’t mind me knowing.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

Sorry, but you’re full of crap.

www.psychologytoday.com...

inamerica.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

a reply to: tovenar

Sorry, but you’re full of crap.

www.psychologytoday.com...

inamerica.blogs.cnn.com...

Yep. I had my facts screwed up.

IT seems that Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I’m friends with them, goofball. They don’t mind me knowing.

If they knew how you use them to show the world how progressive you are, perhaps they would.

But you missed my point in the first place, no point assuming you'll get this one either.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

yeah, us transes HATE when people take time out of their day to come to bat for us and support us tirelessly on heinous websites full of aggressively hateful right wing losers, knowing they'll get no appreciation, no thanks, and a bunch of badly spelled insults at best.
it's the worst.
we much prefer the types who get drunk and re-start the same boring circle jerks of ignorance, fear, and decades old grade school science this site has been splattered with for the last few years.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
Another way of putting it would be that they have lost touch with 'your' reality. They might have a different way of viewing the world and themselves to me or you, but that doesn't necessarily make them 'disordered' or 'delusional'.

I agree.
Humans are complex beings. We think differently about a multitude of subjects and act on our instincts. The same basic characteristics have been with us since we first plodded around, but I wouldn't call them delusional in any way. They just express themselves in different ways to what is considered 'normal'

We all view the world differently like you said. If it makes them happy doing what they do, who are we to tell them any different.

I do what makes me happy, not to please everyone else.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Well then, you've come to the right place!

Does the motivation for the support matter to you at all?
Every time someone on here talks about their trans friends it just sounds very similar to "some of my best friends are black".

You may be right and she's unselfishly working tirelessly for you.
I really hope that's the case but I'm not convinced.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

When I talk about people I personally know who are trans, it means I have some experience and know what I’m talking about.

Unlike some of you other yahoos who “pretend” to be friends with a trans person, only to insult transgender people in general by referring to them as “nuts”, or “annoying”.

I am friends with lots of different kinds of people from different walks of life. I like it that way, and I’m very loyal to my friends. I defend them whenever necessary. Your mileage may vary.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You are truly a paragon of virtue.

I will follow you from behind, I'm sure that's where the light is brightest.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

look, MAYBE if this was a heavily pro-trans site where she was getting a lot of stars or whatever for saying trans positive things, and on top of that was talking over actual trans people and ignoring our experiences, maybe, MAYBE then you'd have the vestigial stumps of a leg to stand on with that line of thought.

since we're in manifestly the opposite place, all you're doing is making yourself look like a prick.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
all you're doing is making yourself look like a prick.

I've never claimed otherwise, how I choose to portray myself is my choice.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join