It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Transgender a symptom of Schizophrenia?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Same way i felt for the most part. Took me slightly longer to catch on. I attributes it to elsewhere. I always like to find a way to defy my thoughts though. Drives me to research more. Which in turn drives me
To learn more. Thats why i love this site. Been visiting here since i was 16. Im in my 30’s now.

I was also in the military. US Army, 1 CD. 11B.
I know all too well what youre saying. I agree partially with your latter statement

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
These people would not be transgender if someone did not convince them it was an option. People do not have to be far female or far male, there is an area all over in the middle, and even being gay is acceptable in my mind. I do not care if someone crossdresses, it urks me that someone changes their body at great expense with money being funneled into the medical and pharma industries along with increased business for the Psychiatric profession for something that is not necessary.

They are just gullable and want to have an identity based on their desired sex. There are mates for everyone, but these people are being led to believe they will never find someone to fulfil their other half properly. It is a big scam. I do not believe they are skitzo or mentally ill...well, maybe some of them may be a little nuts. Society seems to be pushing these sex changes now, that is not right. People need to keep their nose out of reinforcing a person's belief that this will make them better, most times it just makes them poorer.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhatalError

Same way i felt for the most part. Took me slightly longer to catch on. I attributes it to elsewhere. I always like to find a way to defy my thoughts though. Drives me to research more. Which in turn drives me
To learn more. Thats why i love this site. Been visiting here since i was 16. Im in my 30’s now.

I was also in the military. US Army, 1 CD. 11B.
I know all too well what youre saying. I agree partially with your latter statement

I was just trying to bring some awareness of things I thoughtyou might not be aware of. Perhaps we were pushed to call it a mental illness as part of the agenda? I really don't know the answer, but I know the truth is buried from those of us fighting over it.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Sorry to interject but I see it this way:

If someone likes to sort stuff because he can´t find peace when it´s all over the place this is called OCD and is considered a mental health "problem".

So if someone thinks he´s in the wrong body and want´s to undergo a painfull procedure to change that isn´t considered a mental health problem then?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Sorry to interject but I see it this way:

If someone likes to sort stuff because he can´t find peace when it´s all over the place this is called OCD and is considered a mental health "problem".

So if someone thinks he´s in the wrong body and want´s to undergo a painfull procedure to change that isn´t considered a mental health problem then?

I really don't care at this point. What bothers me the most is how this "life style" is being pushed and promoted on our children!

I could give 2 snips what a grown man or woman want to pretend to be. It's none of my business. It is the agenda I am seeing pushed that concerns me?

Did you do the Bing thing I suggested? You don't even have to watch any of the video's just look at the thumbnails!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
My interpretation is that transgender people basically suffer from a lack of self-esteem. They cannot accept themselves as they are, and have become fixated on the idea that their lives would be better if they had born the opposite gender. Studies have shown that post-operative transgender people really aren't any happier than they were before. (For example, a while back Caitlin Jenner said she was thinking about becoming a man again.) It's because they're treating the symptoms, not the underlying issue.

In my experience i've met two kinds in person. The kind where I really think maybe they're right. They're in the wrong body. They're kind though you never hear about and would never know unless they told you. They just quietly go about their lives as someone new.

Then there's the ones like you describe. They don't become their new gender. They become trans people. They talk constantly about transitioning, what it's like having different genitals, they act like victims or like they're special. They basically never shut the # up about being different.

They're the ones that do it for self esteem. They don't want to be a different gender they want to be special.

I feel like the second group is far more prevalent and they're the ones you hear the crap from most often.

Funny enough too, i've found the second group tends to be more men to women, whereas the women to men are the ones you hear from far less often. I've also got this theory that some of those men believe being a man is too hard so they think being a woman will be easier. I've heard people say this. As in people who were seriously considering becoming women to 'make their lives easier'
edit on 31/10/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Transitioning is HARD. I have met people undergoing transition, and believe me, if they were only doing it to make their lives easier, they would have backed out long ago.

Also want to add that transgender people have just as varied personalities as any other group of people. I know avid gun owners who never shut up about the guns they have. They sure are proud of them and talk my ear off about this gun or that gun, how powerful it is - and they get all emotional at the possibility (no matter how far remote it is) of having their guns taken away. You might say they’re obsessed with guns! I know other gun owners who you would never know they had any guns at all - they just don’t feel the need to talk about it.
edit on 31-10-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I had a pig that was in love with a basketball.
He humped on that ball half of his waking hours.
I'm not one to judge.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think it depends on the person, but I think that it most certainly can be as well as any homosexuality. I've heard stories where people were suicidal and heard voices of killing themselves and they got worse and more "broad" (heard more types of things). some of these were saying "your gay" or "your a girl/boy/man". I just listened to an interview of a guy who has been married to his husband for 7 years but now thinks he isn't gay and that he was taken advantage of during a very vulnerable period of his life (suicidal, gay thoughts, and more). Well he acted on these and thought he found his answer but now the voices are back even worse, mocking him for what he did and is even more suicidal now b/c of embarrassment and not knowing what to trust. He also has always been attracted to women, even now.

I think schizophrenia can lead to all sexual confusion and how much you follow it will depend on a lot of things like environmental factors (lots of gay stuff on TV reinforcing the idea, gay innuendo that is sickeningly common, gender role swapping of traditional roles/jobs on TV/IRL, etc). All of this messes with the brain and I think it can cause someone to choose a very destructive path and once on it, they are too embarrassed to come back. I think that is also why violence between homosexual couples is so high and especially transexuals.

It is a difficult nut to crack but I think it has about 80-90% due to environment and then those with the predisposition to schizophrenia are most susceptible.

Now another interesting question is whether schizophrenia is internal or external (like demonic) which I have a very strong suspicion that it is. (and I'm not one to have ever thought that until last couple years...)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: dug88

Transitioning is HARD. I have met people undergoing transition, and believe me, if they were only doing it to make their lives easier, they would have backed out long ago.

Also want to add that transgender people have just as varied personalities as any other group of people. I know avid gun owners who never shut up about the guns they have. They sure are proud of them and talk my ear off about this gun or that gun, how powerful it is - and they get all emotional at the possibility (no matter how far remote it is) of having their guns taken away. You might say they’re obsessed with guns! I know other gun owners who you would never know they had any guns at all - they just don’t feel the need to talk about it.

I wasn't implying I thought it was easy. I think people that think that are foolish. I understand there's lots of different kinds of people. I'm speaking mostly from my own personal experiences with different people i've met and interacted with.

I live in a fairly tolerant place. You get lots of different kinds of people here. Based on the trans sexual people i've met over the years those are the observations i've made. I don't think they're universally applicable but i've met far more of the second group of people I describe.

In all honesty I don't just think it's onoy trans sexuals that act like that. I've noticed there's a fairly large amount of people that feel the need to call themselves something special, to be something different. I've spent time online in places where lots of people will just admit they're trans because it's they're identity, it's what makes them feel good. Not being a new gender, being a person who transitioned.

I gotta be honest these people do kind of bother me. I do believe there are people who really do end up happier after changing their gender, but these other people bring negative attention towards people like that in general. They make them look ridiculous yelling about bathrooms and needing to be accomodated. Look at the last several threads about it on here.

The way I see it, why, if you were so unhappy and uncomfortable being the gender you were born as, would you continue to say and do things that remind yourself of what you were after you've changed? The only reason to do that is bring attention to yourself.

The people i've met that seemed happiest after transitioning were the people who tried to put their past self and their transition behind themand live as the new person they wanted to be.

This makes sense to me.

Complaining even after you have the thing that you've wanted and will make you what you want does not. That's what children do.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I see it like you. It´s child abuse if you ask me to talk this into a kids head or make a transition happen because they want.

Kids don´t know always what´s good for them. Today they want a dog, tomorrow a cat and the next week they want a kangaroo. Hell if you let your kid get a tattoo it´s child abuse but allowing such a huge live changing event?

I don´t want to know how many sad souls will say something to their parents like:
"I was a god damn kid, you should have know better for my good. You failed to my whailing and now I blame you"

And they would be perfectly right to say this!!

Everyone with a child who cares for it knows this.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I really don't care at this point. What bothers me the most is how this "life style" is being pushed and promoted on our children!

I think it has become ..trendy

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Go and use BING and make sure your parental controls are off and type in under videos "Sissy Hypno"! There are hundreds of videos that are there to subliminally hypnotize males into becoming females.

Oh, I didn´t even see that post. That´s right in my comfort zone, as I have great interest in the topic of subconsciousness and hypnosis. Not the sissy thing, I mean the hypno topic.

Well well well, I guess you have to watch and want this to give it some effect. I found a channel starting with ultra, this guy is creepy as hell, I downloaded the subtitles and looked at how he´s doing it. This guy had training or is a very good autodidact.

I´m glad you reminded me.

Edit: This guy has a female protege who´s doing the same. Seems they share resources.

edit on 31-10-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have to wonder what role social pressures play in gender dysphoria. There is certainly some self-obsession going on and for some being transgender has the bonus of attention from others. It's a very alien concept to me personally and knowing only 1 fully post-op trans person has only reinforced that view of attention seeking.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

What does being gay have to do with transgender? Not all transgender are gay. In fact most are not this is about how they view themselves not sexual preferences. In fact this is one of the problems transgenders deal with is relationships. Its very hard to find a spouse who is ok with you changing your gender. And even after its difficult to find people ok with your decision.

They believe changing genders helps them in truth they are just gaining new problems. It isn't a solution and often times can even lead to suicide. In this study as high as 50 percent attempt it.

www.hrc.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I have to wonder what role social pressures play in gender dysphoria. There is certainly some self-obsession going on and for some being transgender has the bonus of attention from others. It's a very alien concept to me personally and knowing only 1 fully post-op trans person has only reinforced that view of attention seeking.

As soon as I heard the Toxic Masculinity nonsense being promoted, I started digging. Remember the gay marriage debate and the miles taken since then!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I´ve watched some yt videos filmed by themselfes, now I´m expert (joke).

It´s hard to word it but I don´t know, could this be some kind of giving up? I mean, could this be a phenomen of pressure like, they are so stressed in life with all the rules and norms and this gives them the feeling of freedom?

Similar to punks or sects. Not the bad aspects from them but the reason they assemble like that. Then it becomes a self feeding cycle, the rejected feel more rejected and it´s an endless downwards spiral.

There´s this saying here "Jetzt erst recht!". Directly translated it goes like "Now with intent!". It expresses a truculent reaction to rejection. Basically, if you dislike me, I´m going to make you dislike me even more.

Not for ever transgender but maybe this plays a little bit part in every group dynamic. There will always be narcistic and charismatic leaders in every group that will influence for the cause.

Just like narcist mothers that play games with their children to win her love, those leaders could care less about the consequences for the individuals, hence being narcistic.

Those are normally the ones that turn on you once you try to leave the group. There can´t be no middle road, good or bad it must be.
edit on 31-10-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This could explain the delusion for some of them at least.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Mahogany

What does being gay have to do with transgender? Not all transgender are gay. In fact most are not this is about how they view themselves not sexual preferences. In fact this is one of the problems transgenders deal with is relationships. Its very hard to find a spouse who is ok with you changing your gender. And even after its difficult to find people ok with your decision.

They believe changing genders helps them in truth they are just gaining new problems. It isn't a solution and often times can even lead to suicide. In this study as high as 50 percent attempt it.

www.hrc.org...

Thank you for pointing out that sexuality and gender dysphoria are two entirely different things.

I'm Bi and have never wanted to be a man. I really like being a woman, tyvm.

I have plenty of gay friends that think trans people are... odd, or not right in the head.

So it's an entirely different issue.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
My interpretation is that transgender people basically suffer from a lack of self-esteem. They cannot accept themselves as they are, and have become fixated on the idea that their lives would be better if they had born the opposite gender. Studies have shown that post-operative transgender people really aren't any happier than they were before. (For example, a while back Caitlin Jenner said she was thinking about becoming a man again.) It's because they're treating the symptoms, not the underlying issue.

SO i have no self esteem and im fixated on if i had a female body my life would had been better huh? Hah. No my life would still suck just in different ways. Ive accepted ill most likely never be able to change my body to suit my inner self as well. SO take that interpretation and forget it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join