It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrant Meme circulating

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So this meme is circulating on Social media. I've seen it at least a dozen times.
My question is, if migrants have so much fortitude to walk for 3 months for a "better life", why can't they use that energy to make their own country a better place?

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I don't know about you, but that doesn't look like women and children to me, that sure does look like a lot, and I mean a lot of able bodied (young) men!

www.theguardian.com...

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Why "can live next to me" ?

Why not "can live with me in my house with my own family" ?

Oh I know... That would be inconvenient...

edit on 31-10-2018 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
So this meme is circulating on Social media. I've seen it at least a dozen times.
My question is, if migrants have so much fortitude to walk for 3 months for a "better life", why can't they use that energy to make their own country a better place?

Speaking as the son of an 'illegal' refugee, I think that's a question you should explore on your own, rather than ask to have it laid out for you.
Granted, all my father had to do was swim a river, then start from scratch.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Not only that, but if they can band together and riot like this...

Why can't they put pressure on their government and make their own country better.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Cigar wrappers

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

OMG, I died on the part about "we'll drive without insurance!" lolololol

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Somebody posted a bunch of information and articles that were researched on Honduran news and social media sites, and the word is a lot of these "migrants" are running from the law. They are criminals and some are wanted by Honduran authorities. It's impossible to know for sure without names and a lot of these people headed this way have ZERO documentation.

The American citizens have been screaming for decades to solve this illegal immigration fiasco. We finally have a president that can do it, but it may not look pretty to the biased leftwing media. They will exaggerate and hyperventilate every chance they get as we finally begin to get a handle on common sense solutions.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
meme should really say...

Please come to our country illegally and get free everything. We hate America and would like to see it all go to crap.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I think a quick answer would be money, power, resources.

Not that starting from scratch sounds like any fun, but I would bet it would be easier than to overthrow a government and improve natural resources.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What's the ETA for when the caravan is supposed to hit the southern border?

I plan to watch it on the news. Going to be a crap show.

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Meh I like this one better.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Last estimate I saw was two months if they walk to Texas. Longer if they reroute to Tijuana.

I also heard they are asking Mexico for rides to Mexico City to have meeting with officials. Obviously that would speed up the process.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Texta reply to: headorheart

improve natural resources.

Improve natural resources???????
Honduras is a country that is extremely rich in natural resources.

www.worldatlas.com...

shhhewwwweeee, Americans should be marching down to Honduras with all it has to offer!

The country is known for resources such as mineral (such as gold, silver, and copper), textiles, tropical fruits, sugar cane, and coffee.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Only next? Why not take them up? And if next, who´s going to pay, the one that made that meme? Because, you know, they won´t be able to buy or rent a house.

The way they will finance "themselfes" will be social systems and doing work that isn´t taxed.

Have you not learned from europe?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Because those opportunities don’t exist in their country, at least not in the same way they do in America. You know, the whole land of opportunity thing.

Things have to be pretty bad to uproot your life and walk thousands of miles with your children for the slim chance that you might be able to get into America.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

Why "can live next to me" ?

Why not "can live with me in my house with my own family" ?

Oh I know... That would be inconvenient...

I never realized how hollow that comparison is until right now. It’s not even close to the same thing. If anything, the meme in the OP is closer to the truth.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Ohh, I assumed it would be in a week or so.

Thought they were trying to bus them up here a little faster than that.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

They’ve got some other songs that are pretty funny. But it would take the threat off-topic .
edit on 31-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Natural was a poor choice of word. I feel like my point isn't coming across even though I am not defending this boarder assault.

I meant clean living conditions. Access to safety. Access to education. The ability to use their surroundings to improve their quality of life.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join