It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The terrible truth about birthright citizenship - Molyneux

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The 14th amendment is currently under scrutiny due to Trump's desire to eliminate anchor babies through executive order. It seems understanding of this issue is split among partisan lines so it's important that we all have some historical context to clear up the interpretation. This video provides many quotes by those who actually wrote and voted on the 14th Amendment and their reasoning behind it.

This hits many of the main points if you don't have time to watch the video:
www.heritage.org...

edit on 31-10-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
In agreement with every point. I hope President Trump will stay on this issue, it has to be resolved.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The immigration act of 1965 which changed immigration from mainly European countries to 3rd world countries was promised not to change the base demographics of the US. That was either ignorance or a lie since 36 Million Mexicans now call the US home out of a population of 130 million. 1/3 of Mexico just moved here instead.

The fallout from this mass migration has led to such things as the ACA, contributed to the crash of 2008 and raised property prices, rents, taxes and deficits in addition to turning California largely Democratic. The Hispanic population of the US went from under 10 million in 1970 to a current 60 million in less than 50 years - a 600% increase which does not even include the number of illegal aliens estimated at anywhere from a low of 11 million to as high as 30 million. This is way out of proportion to the growth rates of all other demographics and certainly nothing the citizens of the US ever voted on.

I could go on but here's the figures to support the above - www.pewresearch.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

This is clearly nazi propaganda.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

That's funny because depending on who you ask California has the biggest economy in the country to 6th in economic growth.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

This is clearly nazi propaganda.

Naturally. The US being the White supremacist nation it is has welcomed tens of millions of ethnically diverse people to come and make a new home here. Open borders and immigrant resettlement services are plainly Nazi ploys.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

That's funny because depending on who you ask California has the biggest economy in the country to 6th in economic growth.

Sure, they have unlimited labor supply to keep things running.
Now compare their GDP to debt and see how rosy the picture is.
The top 4 reasons California is unsustainable - www.forbes.com...

Can California withstand $1.3 Trillion of Government Debt?
californiapolicycenter.org...

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Most of the invading migrants have said they want to go to CA. They should squat in the yards and streets of the Hollywod elite or migrate on up to Silicon Valley and knock on the doors of tech moguls and ask for asylum.

But, of course, most of the CA film and tech wealthy have WALLS and HIGH FENCES surrounding their homes in highly guarded gated pockets of prosperity. The rest of the population have to deal with their neighborhoods turning into open #holes and disintegrating homeless hangouts.
edit on 31-10-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Agreed. How is this so hard to understand: Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
And more people leaving with their businesses and wealth. Open sewers are becoming the norm ie. feces, urine and needles on streets sidewalks, along with mountains of trash.
I think the economy claims there are not at all accurate.

a reply to: conspiracy nut

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The truth is that it's not about demographic so much as about what culture they assimilate to.

If someone comes here from a culture that isn't basically a successful one and they don't adopt a cultural attitude that leads to success in life and allows them to integrate successfully with Western culture, then they become a net negative to the US. If they go the other way, then they become a net positive. Notice I didn't say they had to adopt a strict Western culture, only cultural attitudes that integrate well with Western culture allowing the person to succeed.

That's what makes our society stronger. Asians know how to do this very well. So do the Jewish people.

People who break into this nation desiring merely to transplant their own home here and take advantage of our generous social programs to subsidize their native ways of life which weren't working well for them before are doing it wrong and are a net drag on us.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread, much needed eye opener on important issues.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Sure, they have unlimited labor supply to keep things running.
Now compare their GDP to debt and see how rosy the picture is.
The top 4 reasons California is unsustainable - www.forbes.com...

Can California withstand $1.3 Trillion of Government Debt?
californiapolicycenter.org...

I regularly drive all over California over the last decade alone the changes have been dramatic. Driving from LA north to oregon on I5 or CA99 the cities and towns look, feel, and sound like you're in a Mexican, or south American city or town. More and more radio stations are all Spanish language, signs and billboards in Spanish etc. It's like being in a foreign country now. As millions of "undocumented" immigrants take over, there's a quiet exodus of American citizens and businesses from these areas. Illegals can get drivers licenses now. It's too far gone now to ever go back. Can't see how the California government can continue to sustain itself with the spending and taxes in place, while making it too costly to live and do business there for more and more productive people every day now.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
www.heritage.org...

There are legitimate arguments to consider. It’s funny to hear Lefty howl you must follow the Constitution!
edit on 31-10-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I have to admit, this did bring up a few things I had not considered regarding this issue. The biggest to me was pointing out jury duty. It would also be the same with selective services. Illegal aliens are not bound by jurisdiction to perform jury duty or enlist in selective services.

Trump may actually win this battle in the Supreme Court.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
www.heritage.org...

There are legitimate arguments to consider. It’s funny to hear Lefty howl you must follow the Constitution!

That is a very concise summary.
I hope you don't mind if I include it in my OP.
Much obliged!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Be my guest!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling many would prefer to simply ignore the facts and historical context? You can bet mestizos don't - the idea of 'reconquista' is a very powerful force in their thinking and many organizations openly promote retaking California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas because it was historically "theirs" in the past and the US took it unfairly through war (and paid $20 million to Mexico in the treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo for it). Florida was also a Spanish possession for a time.

When you look at the Hispanic population of those states it's obvious they are well on their way. These figures do not include the 11 to 30 million illegal aliens residing in the US.

# of Hispanic/ total population
California: 15.2 million/40 million
Texas: 10.7 million/28 million
Arizona: 2.1 million/7 million
New Mexico: 1 million/2.1 million
Florida: 5 million/20 million

Total: 34 million in those 5 states.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Why do I get the feeling many would prefer to simply ignore the facts and historical context? You can bet mestizos don't - the idea of 'reconquista' is a very powerful force in their thinking and many organizations openly promote retaking California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas because it was historically "theirs" in the past and the US took it unfairly through war (and paid $20 million to Mexico in the treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo for it). Florida was also a Spanish possession for a time.

When you look at the Hispanic population of those states it's obvious they are well on their way. These figures do not include the 11 to 30 million illegal aliens residing in the US.

# of Hispanic/ total population
California: 15.2 million/40 million
Texas: 10.7 million/28 million
Arizona: 2.1 million/7 million
New Mexico: 1 million/2.1 million
Florida: 5 million/20 million

Total: 34 million in those 5 states.

I live in Arizona and work as an HVAC tech in Tucson. I have watched entire neighborhoods slowly become the property of Mexican drug cartel's. They own it out right. I've seen a neighborhood have a sudden rise in crime. The people who lived there selling their homes and a Mexican family move in. Funny thing was those property crimes only happened to the white, black and Asian people who lived there. My wife is a realtor and watched those homes and apartment buildings being sold to someone south of the border. The interesting thing is once all those people were gone the crime rate fell. We now have about a 2 square mile part of town that is Mexican. The cartel's use those houses to hide drugs or people. Playing a shell game with cops. I won't even go into the area anymore. The last time I did my truck was cleaned out while I was in the home working. It happened in front of a dozen, so called, people, no one saw a thing. I lost over 5 grand in tools and equipment, and all I could do was file a report and go home. If you think they're just here looking for a better life then you're either blind or a fool.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeA

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Yes, it's not all good people looking for a better life for their children. Because it keeps their jails free and saves them money there is an incentive (like many in the current caravan) to dump their convicts in the US usually hooking up with whatever gang and "working" for a living (like the folks who borrowed your tools).

The cartels are very bad business, worse than any gangs we have had to deal with and they grow stronger every month. The meth and heroin trade is a big part of what they do. They use the money laundered through legitimate businesses (why everyone has an uncle with a store or restaurant) and just keep expanding in the legal and illegal markets. No other demographic except the Chinese in the Vancouver area act in such solidarity. They run gangs and ethnic populations like corporations. Remember the Hmong gang in the movie Gran Torino? Yeah, they run # that way.

If we are looking for the next war it's with those cartels.
Look no further than the border. The # is going to fly.
it's only a matter of time before we send spec ops in to take them out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join