It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything wrong with America in one article

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well if she was wearing a Cleveland Browns jersey i could fully agree. As it is....being told the truth sux i guess.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The Only good thing about this story is

The money will be monitored by probate court to make sure
it's used for Donesha's emotional care

and hopefully an education and birth control for mom.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

Only a very small amount is being used for Donesha's care.
The rest is going to the baby maker!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

I'll spell it out:

Horrible that a child shoplifts, (crime)
Horrible that children don't respect & listen to adults (civil unrest)
horrible that a grown cop would use a taser on a child (excessive force)
horrible that a family would sue for something like this (litigious society)
horrible that both the city (taxpayers) and the store would settle (fleecing of taxpayers)
horrible that the school system is so broken that an 11 year old can't write a proper apology (education & social issues)
horrible that a 40 year old mom has 6+ kids she can't financially take care of (fleecing of taxpayers & social issues)
horrible that a child wants a snack so badly they are willing to steal (social issues)
horrible that there aren't grocery stores in predominantly black neighborhoods and they are even admitting the reason why (social issues)

You missed one...

Horrible that now 5 dozen more NFL losers will kneel down during the National Anthem at football games (social justice run amok)
edit on 11/1/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Just for the sake of accuracy, there are a couple important details with this incident (both good and bad)...

1. What the girl stole is important here. She didn't just steal a "candy bar" as the media would have you believe. She stole a backpack, some food items including jerky...AND...some infant clothing. Let's repeat that last part...INFANT CLOTHING!! Now why do you suppose she would steal baby clothing? Maybe because her mother, Shanikwa (or whatever her name is), put her up to it??? Now let's look at another item she stole...the backpack. The backpack was the first thing she stole, and she stole this to put all the other stuff she planning stealing inside of it. This shows intent. She went into the store with the intent of ripping them off, and then did exactly that.

2. There were actually (3) girls involved in the incident. All three of them were attempting to steal stuff. Brown demanded all three of them to stop, and none did, they all refused. Brown then tasered one of them.

3. Brown was working on something called an "outside employment extension of police services detail". I don't know what the heck that means, but the articles also state he was "off-duty" at the time (presumably meaning he was on the payroll of Krogers, not the police department, at the time). So, was he acting in the capacity of a 'police officer' at the time, or was he acting in the capacity of a 'security/ theft prevention guard'? Seems like this would have some bearing on what kind of force was allowed.

Just data points for clarity.

In my mind, the bottom line is, Brown should not have tasered the girl, and Kroger, not the taxpayers, should be liable for reasonable damages ($240,000 is NOT reasonable). It was excessive force. The girl should also have charges pressed against her for the thefts. This way, the next time she does it she will be a repeat offender (and she will do it again...if she hasn't already). Now she'll just be all that much more emboldened to steal something...as will anyone else who reads this story!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I hate to agree, but if I'm being honest, you're spot on.

That said, I hope that these kids can rise above, find the self-worth that they should have fostered inside of them, and escape the trap that is the U.S. welfare system.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Cincinnati Bengals

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join