It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything wrong with America in one article

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So what are you saying the problem with America is that the police are not free to taser 11 year old girls for petty theft?

I think your underestimating the problem dude.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This happened literally about 25 minutes away from where I live, and I've been following the story since the start.

The acceptability of the off-duty officer (on-duty security for Kroger at the time) to tase this girl in the back aside, the issue isn't worth $240,000 to the shoplifting deviant who has no respect for authority.

My wife made a good comment last night about this story: If she gets the money, she should also get time in juvenile detention because she still did break the law.

But, no, the p*ssies in Cincinnati dropped all charges.

Give me a goddamn break. You are absolutely right, this is rewarding the criminal and ignoring the law--exactly the direction the much of America keeps heading.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Tasering a girl for stealing a candy bar is excessive use of force. You go to jail if you shoot someone running away after burglarizing your house.

And you also get laughed at when you make false equivocations--non-lethal force and lethal force are not the same thing, silly.

I would say it is your interpretation of these events that is wrong with America. And everyone else who has your warped sense of right and wrong.

Yep, I'm still chuckling...

Officer Brown needs some non-paid time off or another job alltogether.

And the girl needs some time in juvenile hall and not to be rewarded for breaking the law and having no respect for authority figures.

I do agree that the tasing of the girl could have been avoided, but the fact remains that the girl broke the law and ignored lawful commands--and now she gets $240,000 for it. But, yes, it's OUR "warped sense of right and wrong" that is the problem.

Still chuckling...

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

And you're being intentionally obtuse or are incapable of understanding what was actually said in the OP.

Which is it so we know where your passive aggression is heading.

(I'm pretty sure I know which one it is, though)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Tasering a girl for stealing a candy bar is excessive use of force. You go to jail if you shoot someone running away after burglarizing your house.

And you also get laughed at when you make false equivocations--non-lethal force and lethal force are not the same thing, silly.

I would say it is your interpretation of these events that is wrong with America. And everyone else who has your warped sense of right and wrong.

Yep, I'm still chuckling...

And the girl needs some time in juvenile hall and not to be rewarded for breaking the law and having no respect for authority figures.

I do agree that the tasing of the girl could have been avoided, but the fact remains that the girl broke the law and ignored lawful commands--and now she gets $240,000 for it. But, yes, it's OUR "warped sense of right and wrong" that is the problem.

Still chuckling...

I honestly don't think anybody would disagree that the child needs some form of punishment from the justice system. Theft is theft.

The officer also needs to be reprimanded (I'm not sure if he was or wasn't).

Also, the city of Cincinnati is responsible for the officer's actions as he is a city employee, and as such opens themselves up to these types of lawsuits and payouts when their officers act completely irresponsible.

If an officer uses his taser on an 11 year old child for anything short of the child murdering or assaulting another, the city is going to be held liable.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I volunteer at the schools and non school organizations (girl scouts, boys scouts, YMCA, Sports leagues, and some community functions related to my hobbies like habitat restoration etc).

Most of my volunteering/mentoring involves girls right around the girls age in the story 10-12 years old.
I've mentored both girls and boys.

I've mentored college students extensively at work. (although it was part of my job to mentor them, I think I went above and beyond and mentored them outside of work too) I will never forget a student I mentored at work, it was 2004 and she told me all about this thing called Facebook!

I've also done volunteer work at children's homes, and for homeless children, and children with AIDS.
I did stop volunteering at the YMCA because I really feel like they were completely taking advantage of the volunteers.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: TinySickTears

I volunteer at the schools and non school organizations (girl scouts, boys scouts, YMCA, Sports leagues, and some community functions related to my hobbies like habitat restoration etc).

Most of my volunteering/mentoring involves girls right around the girls age in the story 10-12 years old.
I've mentored both girls and boys.

I've mentored college students extensively at work. (although it was part of my job to mentor them, I think I went above and beyond and mentored them outside of work too) I will never forget a student I mentored at work, it was 2004 and she told me all about this thing called Facebook!

I've also done volunteer work at children's homes, and for homeless children, and children with AIDS.
I did stop volunteering at the YMCA because I really feel like they were completely taking advantage of the volunteers.

That's cool that you do that! The world could always use more volunteers.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'm not sure if you heard the details of the settlement:
"The city will pay Donesha $220,000 and Kroger will pay her $20,000"

So basically taxpayers will pay 220K! like I said, terrible!

Also, she wasn't just stealing a candy bar!

"Donesha had tried to take clothing, food and drinks worth $53.81. "

www.cincinnati.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Agreed, the little bizznitch used a tazer on an 11 year old? Makes me sick.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Agreed, the little bizznitch used a tazer on an 11 year old? Makes me sick.

I don't agree with the tasering part, but there is a something to be learned that isn't being taught to these kids
My son complained about his speeding tickets,
I said don't speed, don't get tickets... I know, pretty simple.

Don't shoplift, nothing will happen.

Now if my son was speeding, and he was stopped by police, and let's say they zapped him real good and hard. Then he threatened to sue and got 240K, I can guarantee you that he would be speeding on a regular basis!

I'm pretty sure there are millions of adults that would get tased for 240K and even millions more that would let their kids get tased for 240K.

edit on 31-10-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: KlondikeCamerry
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

I don't even spank my kids. Maybe some disagree with this. But can they defend tasering a child? Good god. WHat have we become. Maybe just cut off her feet? She can't run then.

I'm sorry this is just stupid.

Tasering does not kill you, it is momentary pain. Comparing it to cutting off feet is beyond over the top.

If the kid doesn't want to be tasered all she had to do was stop and talk to the cop.

This story makes me sick.

This says robbing stores and ignoring the cops in hopes of getting tasered is a good way to get paid. Is that really the message we want to send - commit a crime and get rewarded for it

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'd take a good tazing right to the nipples for 200k- who wouldn't? That's many years of hard work, and would be life changing money for me right now.

Of course, I'm not an 11 year old black hood rat- I'm a middle aged white guy. I'd probably just get shot for my trouble.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

And you're being intentionally obtuse or are incapable of understanding what was actually said in the OP.

I think I will go with being intentionally obtuse....oh that and the OP didn't really make any sense and I am sure am not the only who is about confused as to how this sums up everything wrong with America.
edit on 31-10-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo
I honestly don't think anybody would disagree that the child needs some form of punishment from the justice system. Theft is theft.

Prosecutors chose to drop charges because of the optics of the situation, so I counter that claim with, yes, people do disagree--the people responsible for seeing the charges through proper adjudication in the legal system...all because of the optics.

The officer also needs to be reprimanded (I'm not sure if he was or wasn't).

Cincinnati Police Department chief Eliot Isaac announced Tuesday the off-duty officer who stunned her had been reassigned to a position with the Telephone Crime Reporting Unit and would soon face additional discipline, including a seven-day suspension and use-of-force training.

WCPO

link   
Stealing is a crime.

Petty theft or Petty Larceny.

Usually less than $500-$1000 being stolen, differs by state.

Punishment: varies by state but can involve a fine and less than 6 months jail time.

Multiple charges of petty theft can lead to a Felony charge.

The actions of the officer/store Loss prevention officer don't change the charge of petty theft.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think I will got with being intentionally obtuse...

Yay! I win a prize!

I understood the OP's point...do I win another prize?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah, I don't care if it was just a candy bar--I have exceptionally limited patience with thieves. But that does paint a slightly worse picture.

And it's safe to say that it wasn't her first time doing it, considering her lack of respect to the officer.

You'll notice that her letter doesn't apologize to the taxpayers who are rewarding her for her illegal behavior.

This poor girl is caught in the trap, and this settlement just solidified her place in it for a long time.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

So you support tasering 11 year old girls?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

A thief gets rewarded for thieving- she's a criminal for life, now.
I've had many thousands of dollars in things stolen from me over the years- I have zero tolerance for that sort of thing, now.

She's 11 today- has no moral compass and has never been exposed to the concept of earning things. She's being raised to live off of the taxpayers and take anything she wants.
I give her six years- she'll either be in prison, or popping out her first bouncing baby government paycheck.

I don't expect much for any of her siblings, either.

A whole family of losers- and we're funding it!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

A whole family of losers- and we're funding it!

U pretty much summed up my entire OP!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join