It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealing the HORRORS of WAR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The HORRORS of WAR. Brought to you for the first time in cinematic history, eventually across all of history, all a mere component of The Darkest Patterns series..........

Hollywood has intellectually bamboozled us all, for overlapping generations now.

Never in history have they showed US the reality of war: HORROR.

Instead they glorify it, typically making it all heroic, but sometimes downright overtly trying to sell it. No surprised there, as it is wholeheartedly on the Department of Offense's payroll.

But today you're going to get the full payload, for the first time in history...

The attack on Pearl Harber:

The rape of Nanking:

Essentially every film about WAR Hollywood has produced is effectively a recruiting tool. There have been a few exceptions, worth note. But even they merely showed it suck, they fell far short of the brutal truth.

Around 2008 I conceptualized the concept of a film 'category' of War / Horror. Surprisingly, aside from a small handful of (low budget) films that integrated classical horror concepts into war, after a decade such a film just doesnt exist. They closest we've come is Christopher Nolan's DUNKIRK (2017), although its actually a thriller. And that setting is heavily due to Hans Zimmer's typically awesome soundtrack.

But go p lay every war movie you know about, a horror soundtrack in the slightest just doesnt exist.

And often they have some of the best music ever, such as one of my favorites (Journey to the Line by Hans Zimmer) from The Thin Red Line (1998):

But even Mr. Nolan apparently was mandated to limit his piece within the "extreme" of making a war thriller.

A pity.

But not here. The Darkest Patterns is set to cover the lot of history, and in doing to open up our eyes to the reality the "Media At Large" has denied us as its mandate, and not merely uncomfortable facts but entire lines of perception they have denied us for generations now........

edit on 31-10-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yep, war is a messy and brutal business and should not be glorified.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I am a Vet that never saw the frontline. I am a nurse that was in during Viet Nam, was stateside the whole time.

I spend a lot of time at the VA. I see firsthand the results of war, and it is not pretty.

While the horror of what our men and women had to go through should never be glorified, the horror of what many have to face from their country on returning , should be fully exposed.

Yes war is hell; coming and going.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Dig.

Several vets credited the movie for accuracy but said it downplayed some of the horrors, including images of sailors burning to death on damaged ships or as they thrashed in the fiery, oil-slicked water.

"The fires were a lot worse in real life," said Tully, who spent several days after the attack fishing the bodies of sailors out of the harbor. "It's fine they left it out of the movie. I don't ever need to see that again."

Bob Flood of San Bruno said the film "reminded me how brave and how helpless the men were that day." He cried watching a scene of sailors clinging to the deck of the Oklahoma as it pitched over and began to sink.

"They did a real good job in the movie. But it was much worse in real life, " said Phil Dresden, a retired Marine. www.theguardian.com...

But Hollywood scriptwriters again stand accused of re-writing history. Following furious rows over films such as The Patriot and Braveheart, war veterans have dimissed Pearl Harbor as a 'disgusting representation' of the facts. One survivor, a veteran of a Japanese prison camp, snapped: 'It makes me so angry because so many guys died there. I went out on a suicide mission. I watched guys being carried by, bleeding on stretchers, and guys diving into burning oil. It's disgusting to do this.' www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The Importance of Music in John Carpenter’s Halloween (1978)
When they were making Halloween, nobody really knew if it was going to work. Not John Carpenter, not even producer and franchise godfather Moustapha Akkad. It wasn’t that the film was necessarily bad in their eyes, but they had no idea exactly what it was going to be or how audiences were going to react to it. For the most part, they thought they were making a straightforward B-Movie. Only John Carpenter and Debra Hill shared a somewhat formed vision of what they wanted the feature to accomplish.

You can imagine their disappointment, then, when they showed the first cut to a producer who was left wholly underwhelmed. They told John Carpenter that the movie didn’t work and that there was nothing scary about it whatsoever. This was a rough cut. It was a finished visual edit and much like the end product with one major exception: there was no music yet.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It's all about Framing:

Stephen King's IT Trailer (recut as a family film)

The Silence of the Lambs as a Romantic Comedy - Trailer Mix

edit on 31-10-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Movies are not an actual snapshot of reality,
Never have been.

But you gotta admit that many modern war movies are not glossing over the horrors of war.
Sure some glorify war but a hell of a lot of them do the exact opposite. They tend to give a perspective on the men stuck in war.

Take most romantic movies and change the lead from john Cusack to Steve buscemi and it becomes a stalker movie.

But its a fantasy.
People want to be entertained.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

edit on 31-10-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
And even fewer movies show the flaws in the American Empire. All these horrors VETs face for the whims of empire. Money, oil, power, ideology, religion etc...

Now, look at Vietnam, people are freely traveling there. All that horror for nothing. Just some old men in their comfortable rooms handing down orders.

Iraq and Afghanistan. The fight against terrorism? Yet, we have fully supported Saudi Arabia at every step.

Millions suffer horrible deaths for the WEALTH of the nation. Is war ever honorable if it is fought for unhonorable things?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
An accurate war movie would be mostly pretty boring.
Long, tense periods of waiting.
Then all hell breaks loose for a short time.
Blood, guts, body parts flying in every direction.
Then it is more long, tense, boredom.
Rinse and repeat until the audience loses their marbles.
At the end you see a homeless veteran with a missing leg getting drunk and crying in the rain in a filthy alley.
edit on 31-10-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
ATS:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Cmon you sissies!

Grab your nuts.

I dont know what I've been told. Warmonger pussy is mighty cold!
edit on 2-4-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

join