It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DACA and reasons not to give citizenship & how/where DACA "children" can do most good

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I'm not sure the exact number of people who fall under the DACA category, I think it is about 800,000 people or so, these were all children when they came and most all are now adults, a large number are university educated with some being standouts in their fields. To those people who have done this and have not succumb to joining gangs or pursuing a life of crime, I say congratulations! I'm also not sure what the dispersion is of these 800,000 as far as their native nationality but I think there are large numbers from a few countries with many groups originating from struggling "3rd world" countries.

As we have seen with the caravan's there are a lot of people claiming they are leaving their countries due to lack of oppertunity, lack of jobs, lack of education, etc - but as in my thread that showed what the true reasons for these specific people leaving was due to (large majority are criminals who can't find work b/c the companies won't hire violent or career criminals).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We have also heard from people from both sides (Dem's/Repub's) that instead of running away from the problems in their country people should stay and try to fix the problems from within - but we know that isn't what these people really want to do, they want STUFF now, free/cheap stuff, and to get away from their criminal past (like they will miraculously chance once passing over a line drawn in the sand).

So most people realize that there are some necessary (major) changes that are needed in many 3rd world countries (those which the DACA kids originated) and I can think of no better time and no better people to try to "right the ship" in these countries than those who fled 10-25 years ago, who received an excellent education and training in the states and have learned how a democracy is SUPPOSED to work, if not in practice or by example, at least theoretically.

Amnesty and citizenship is largely out of the question when we ask about half the nation and this topic is one where the Republicans are not willing to give an inch. So my suggestion is to find some sort of compromise where these children (educated young adults now) from the DACA program go back to their country of origin where they can bring an infusion of new "blood", new ideas, new business opportunities, etc.

I would think that it could be possible to find benefactors for these people to help them get "off the ground" with a business or whatever they wanted to do in their country. There are always business transactions between the US and these countries and facilitating these transactions might be a possible occupation along with helping to find new opportunities.

As many have never seen their home country as an adult, they will probably travel a bit to explore and that would be a perfect time to work with US businesses to see if there are any opportunities for them and US businesses (cooperative partnerships with foreign & US businesses).

Since we always hear that someone needs to help fix these countries, I see no other group of people better suited to do this than the "dreamers". IMO it seems extremely selfish for them to not want to go back and help their country. I wonder how many fly their countries flag hanging from their rear view but are unwilling to go back and try to fix the problems that made their parents run.
edit on 10 31 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Let's parse the op

Short version

Gettum outta heeya

But yeah. These young adults that have families of their own now and kids that were born here and have known nothing else should just go on back down the road.

edit on 31-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

Why stop there. Many of our parents and grandparents came here from far away countries.
Maybe we should stop being selfish and go back
edit on 31-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Yes. DACA kids received education, health care, and a leg up in general. Now let them return to improve their country to the point where they don't all feel they must come here. The US can even help them with loans or whatever to get them started in Mexico.

We could recruit then into some type of a Peace Corps for that purpose. In fact, I think the Peace Corps still exists. Make their green card contingent upon this service. Maybe some will stay there and do some good.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

. The US can even help them with loans or whatever to get them started in Mexico.

Sounds like a great plan

#whitewashthenation

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Or you know, just enforce the laws.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: TinySickTears

Or you know, just enforce the laws.

Yeah but that's not what the thread is about

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I thought the whole point of DACA was because these people were only children when brought here, making the US the only home they really know. Most likely loose their original language while in the US so I don't see them going back and doing anything.

These people (for the most part) are in a hard situation, often without the support of family nearby. As hardline as I am about citizenship and immigration I don't take much issue with DACA recipients.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

DACA recipients don't have a "path to citizenship", nor does DACA guarantee them a Green Card.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Hey make sure we get an organ from them before we send them packing

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Let's parse the op

Short version

Gettum outta heeya

But yeah. These young adults that have families of their own now and kids that were born here and have known nothing else should just go on back down the road.

Why stop there. Many of our parents and grandparents came here from far away countries.

So who is more qualified to help fix these nations than people with native blood running through their veins. Oh, that's right, The US is expected to fix every nation that isn't rolling in dough, and giving the "Dreamers" an education to do just that isn't enough, no, keep taking jobs away from people who aren't here illegally - yup, that doesn't build resentment against them. Maybe the people who lost a job to a "dreamer" should go down to their countries and you know what, I'll bet they will take every last resource they can, every ounce of mineral, gallon of water, etc - why not? Dreamers came and are doing the same here, sucking up resources, so it's only fair.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Yes. DACA kids received education, health care, and a leg up in general. Now let them return to improve their country to the point where they don't all feel they must come here. The US can even help them with loans or whatever to get them started in Mexico.

We could recruit then into some type of a Peace Corps for that purpose. In fact, I think the Peace Corps still exists. Make their green card contingent upon this service. Maybe some will stay there and do some good.

Sort of what I was thinking as well - as far as gov loans, grants or loans from charitable org's or NGO's. I would think that these "dreamers" (what an appropriate word, they are totally dreaming if they think they are going to be US citizens!) would jump at the chance to see where they are from, get in touch with their roots and learn their ways. With all the rear view flags, bumper stickers and tattoo's you would think they would jump at the chance to do something like this.

I guess I should have stated that I'm not for removing a path for citizenship, not at all, but I just think these people (and others who became educated) are best suited to help their "troubled" countries. They could probably be more successful in their home country than they can be in the US - relativisticlly (not a word, but you know what it means) .

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I thought the whole point of DACA was because these people were only children when brought here, making the US the only home they really know. Most likely loose their original language while in the US so I don't see them going back and doing anything.

These people (for the most part) are in a hard situation, often without the support of family nearby. As hardline as I am about citizenship and immigration I don't take much issue with DACA recipients.

Well if they were brought as children, then their parents spoke native language and I'm sure it was spoken at home. Any of these kids that tells you they can't speak their native language is lying. They might not be 100% fluent as a native but they could get around and learn fast. US students have to learn a 2nd language to get into college, why can't these people learn their own language? If they can't I suggest they aren't as amazing as we are led to believe...

I picked up 2 languages from 2 trips to two countries, almost 30 days total and know enough to get by. I was about 12 the first time and 24 the second time so it is more than doable.
edit on 10 31 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I guess I should have stated that I'm not for removing a path for citizenship, not at all, but I just think these people (and others who became educated) are best suited to help their "troubled" countries.

Because they arrived in the US illegally, DACA recipients DO NOT have a "Path to Citizenship". They don't even have Green Cards.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Deporting anyone currently in the USA will not really make much difference until laws are updated and the borders are secured. Let's get that in order first, then begin documenting what we have here.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I guess I should have stated that I'm not for removing a path for citizenship, not at all, but I just think these people (and others who became educated) are best suited to help their "troubled" countries.

Because they arrived in the US illegally, DACA recipients DO NOT have a "Path to Citizenship". They don't even have Green Cards.

HAHA, I like the avatar!

Ok, I was under the impression that something had happened under Obama where they were going to get Citizenship, or maybe it was a compromise under trump. The problem with listening to MSNBC, CNN and NPR is they will report stuff that is a total lie and or phrase it as such so I guess I misstook what was really happening.

If that is the case, I suggest the same thing then. Give them a year to learn the language (babble, rosetta, or a class if they pay for it), and start finding suitable places for them to live.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Deporting anyone currently in the USA will not really make much difference until laws are updated and the borders are secured. Let's get that in order first, then begin documenting what we have here.

100% agree. But it doesn't hurt to have other plans in the works and lined up for when they are needed.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

And what of the fact that these people have roots here now. Kids of their own?
Be honest. You don't Give A # right?
Just gettum out??

#whitewashthenation

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Let's parse the op

Short version

Gettum outta heeya

Hey genius, the DACA parents left their country to come here in a foreign country, left the only country and culture they have known to come here. But they did it likely uneducated, without knowing English and without any support from the country they were leaving. Big difference between what the OP is proposing.

Do you want to feed a man a fish for the day or teach a man to fish so he can feed himself for a lifetime?

I 100% agree with the OP and I think it is a brilliant idea.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

And what of the fact that these people have roots here now. Kids of their own?
Be honest. You don't Give A # right?
Just gettum out??

#whitewashthenation

Tell me, why should he give a #? Why should he care about a non American citizen?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Hey make sure we get an organ from them before we send them packing

Only one, jeez man talk about letting em off lightly...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join