It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Know Whatever Happened to the Mandate Kickstater Game?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The Mandate
I have being trying to dig some more information about the game and the Devs whom were behind but it seems some of their social media/forums have being inactive/dead for almost six/five years now. Unless of course that game was a fraud and scam.

It had such an interesting concept.
edit on 30-10-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

I don't do kickstarter or EA any more too many of left a hot piss taste in my mouth.

Sorry if you got burned man.

Never heard of this title until this thread.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Looks like people got played. I made that mistake on DayZ. Also took the risk on ARK but that one payed off. Never doing it again though.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Hahha right, Day Z still a giant pos.

Granted I got burned by a few more.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Oh, that will be released in 2029, the same time as Star Citizen.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I didn't put much in the project thankfully. But i cant say for the same for those whom and one guy who had put 10k or more for a Kickstarter project.

If i see any good game projects that i like i would only back them with just 25$ dollars only. With the digital option.
edit on 30-10-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I hear it's like taking candy from many thousands of babies at once. Was burned a couple times, never again.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Pity, I quite like the video they got up on that game. Reminds me a bit of Evil Genius...but in space.

Who knows, maybe someone will pick it up if there is enough coding for a studio to shortcut it for a quick release, but no word since 2017...so looks dead.

Thats the gamble with kickstarter, you gotta really consider not just the idea, but the people behind it. They obviously short changed their estimation on how much it would cost to launch and had flat tires well before the finish

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
With Kickstarter ?
Only 2 words for you
Heed....
inXile Entertainment

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Looks like people got played. I made that mistake on DayZ. Also took the risk on ARK but that one payed off. Never doing it again though.

Same here , after playing the Day z mod for arma 2 for quite long i bought the standalone soon after i deinstalled and never looked back.

Currently i play a nice early acces game , Hunt showdown.

The gun and melee fights in this game really give you a adrenaline rush , and small mistakes could end your hunters life and thus the investment.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

If the game's 16000+ backers did another crowd fund for a dollar or two each, would that be enough to go to court to get their 700 grand back?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Sadly no, it seems after my little investigation the supposed gaming company/studio just ran with people's hard owned money and just vanished.

Also after an successful fundraising campaign kickstarter doesn't give your money back. From what i had found out.

1.This Mandate Kickstarter studio, also failed to pay the majority of its artists and modelers whom worked on a project.

We are an international team: Canada, USA, Sweden, Norway, UK, France, Slovakia. We are a team of veteran developers who decided to go Indie together and come from different game developers each with their own strengths [ex-EA, ex-2K Games, ex-Ubisoft, ex-Funcom]. Previously we have worked on and shipped both singleplayer, multiplayer and MMO AAA productions with team size ranging from 30 to 200

All of its 200 members were failed to be paid by this supposed international team. And recently their forum licensee had died out.

top topics

join