It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little something I've noticed...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

We have since made up, there is no hate between any of us.

You guys are really twisting what I say into something that was never meant. Amazing.

The point of the thread is to point out how the current political climate is most likely damaging families and the blame is not relegated to just one side.

Still think your mom sounds cool.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The mood has been interesting lately.

I believe much of the right wing has developed over the past few decades around right wing media. It was all about winning arguments. Truth, policy, governing, etc. started to take second place.

Now they have the reigns of power and still are not happy.

Some are going back to what they know. Arguing, hating the other, blaming....

Some seem confused not quit sure where they are or how to get back to.......whatever they are lacking.

The left just seems silent. Not sure what they are thinking and your not hearing them much.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Well apparently she went out of her way to buy a stamp from somewhere that has "Donald Trump lives here" and proceeded to stamp the back of over $200 worth of $20's with this stamp in order to (from my best guess) to rub it in everyone's faces that Trump is the president.

I find this to be the most perplexing part of the oh-so-innocent thread we're all misinterpreting.

Was it an ink stamper or a postal stamp? What happened to all those 20's?! Why did OP consciously refuse to make change for his mom when he could only guess at her intent?

Mysteries aplenty!

edit on 30-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: villagesmithie
The mood has been interesting lately.

I believe much of the right wing has developed over the past few decades around right wing media. It was all about winning arguments. Truth, policy, governing, etc. started to take second place.

Now they have the reigns of power and still are not happy.

Some are going back to what they know. Arguing, hating the other, blaming....

Some seem confused not quit sure where they are or how to get back to.......whatever they are lacking.

The left just seems silent. Not sure what they are thinking and your not hearing them much.

Wow. Now that is interesting. As a conservative that's exactly how I feel about the left. Minus the winning part.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

By the way, she is the one who took herself to the hotel, no one kicked her out.

A lot of untrue assumptions going on around here. Maybe I should articulate myself better, either way you guys are reading it totally wrong, as usual.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I love the stamp. Lol that's epic! I gotta get me one

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Fallingdown

My brother is the same way, that's exactly why the fight happened, two hard-heads nor knowing how to agree to disagree. A microcosm of today's political theater in my opinion.

It sounds to me like your mom is in her late 40s or early 50s . you won’t understand what I’m saying for another 20 years .

Keep in mind your mom has put up with a lot of #. Now it’s your turn .

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I didn't have change, I don't use cash. Jesus christ you guys are acting ignorant. I didn't refuse to give her change, I didn't have any! Not that I would have anyways seeing as the intentions behind the question weren't entirely innocent. She made her intentions clear after the fact.

What I find perplexing is that you guys completely ignore the fact that she literally went out of her way to rub Trump in me and my brother's face after being asked to not bring it up. Not that she deserves to be ridiculed for that but the fact that you are making up completely fictional scenarios while ignoring that is a little irritating.
edit on 10/30/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/30/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

rub Trump in me and my brother's face after being asked to not bring it up.

B-I-N-G-O

She knows how easy it is to ruffle your petticoats.

Mom for the slam dunk

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'd say, set her up here with an account and let her speak her own case.
I think it's very unfair of you to be trying to persecute her here without her being able to defend herself, or at least state her side.
I think her opinions would be very valid here.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Yeah some of the left are trying to play that game, but not on the same scale. I heard lots of bragging by the right that they dominated the air waves, they were the ones making money off radio talk shows. There were 100's of right wing stations and only a hand full on the left. The left just couldn't do it as well.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

You actually think that's a good thing. Lol. You're a terrible person obviously, cheering on something like that. Sorry thar you're that way, maybe one day you'll realize how petty it is.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

You actually think that's a good thing. Lol. You're a terrible person obviously, cheering on something like that. Sorry thar you're that way, maybe one day you'll realize how petty it is.

Says the guy who came onto ATS today to bash his mother in the name of resist

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
#momsmatter

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: villagesmithie

And what was the Trumps line something about winning so much you'll be sick of it.

Most on the right still seem unsatisfied. They're happiest when they're fighting.

That's the problem with winning as your goal, it's always kind of empty and you need another battle.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I didn't have change, I don't use cash. Jesus christ you guys are acting ignorant. I didn't refuse to give her change, I didn't have any! Not that I would have anyways seeing as the intentions behind the question weren't entirely innocent. She made her intentions clear after the fact.

You were on the way from the airport and could've stopped anywhere and even run in for her and did it but, "Not that you would have anyways." That says it all. You also said you assumed she wanted to do it to rub folks faces in it. Maybe she is just proud of her President.

Sounds like you jumped out with an attitude right off the bat. You were offended and sulky before you were offended. There's no other way I can see this except that you are being very small in your imperiousness---just a little thing we noticed.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I was obviously joking with the awesome son comment. I don't know enough about your family dynamic to be judging you.

I still find this story to be a little too convenient. Maybe you are telling the truth, who knows. But reading through it, I felt like the point you wanted to make was more important than the story itself. Hell, it seems like the only reason you shared this was to make some point. You also didn't miss any opportunities to throw in subtle jabs.

Do you though. I'm not here to judge you or call you a liar.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I didn't bash anyone, I simply told what happened. Sorry that you think throwing things in people's faces, especially family members who asked you not to, is a good thing.

Seriously, you're a terrible person for thinking what she did was right. She's even apologized for it herself, we apologize to her as well and all is good. She knew she shouldn't have done it and we shouldn't have fed into it like we did.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

She didn't want change, she wanted to throw it in my face! She didn't need change. What don't you get about that? What? Let me know so I can make it even clearer. She admitted what her intentions were.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Seriously, you're a terrible person

I delight in it too

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join