It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little something I've noticed...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

We were trying not to, she's the one who kept pushing it though. We made multiple mentions to not bring politics up and what's the first thing she does? Brings politics up.

Trust me, we tried not to but there's only so much poking someone can take before they have to poke back.
edit on 10/30/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I don't think it matters which side you're on. I've had liberals and conservatives attack me for believing different. I guess I just don't understand why these politicians are so great. I'm sure I will hear again soon how I must be a member of the opposing team and am a terrible person for it. I don't even care anymore. I just try to be polite about my opinions. Other people can go crazy all they want.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

My mom is a liberal she is very confrontational too. I just keep my mouth shut .

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I think one of those 99 problems was shoving it in our faces after numerous warnings/pleas to not bring it up.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think one of those 99 problems was shoving it in our faces after numerous warnings/pleas to not bring it up.

This is one of the weirdest threads I've ever seen: you made your own mother the villain in a "I hate Trump because he's orange" thread.

I'm only curious how much lib paraphernalia she had to endure from you and your bro before she started pushing back.

Bro, just nah, nah bro.

edit on 30-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

So, now you have turned on your mother and replaced her with your hatred of Donald Trump.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Your mom sounds pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

So let me get this straight. Your mom came to visit you, you didn't wanna give her change because of Trump, ended up in one of the worst fights ever and sent her to a hotel?

What an awesome son.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Your mom sounds pretty cool.

Those 5 words were going to be my original reply. Star for you.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

My brother is the same way, that's exactly why the fight happened, two hard-heads nor knowing how to agree to disagree. A microcosm of today's political theater in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're entitled to your own thoughts.
Edit:
That's a good thing.. an idea can lead to truly good things.
edit on 30-10-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You obviously didn't read or maybe I didn't articulate well enough. The $20 thing happened as soon as she got here, I brushed it off as no big deal even though we asked her not to bring anything political up. Three days later is when the fight happened between her and my brother. Please, don't assume you know the story without reading or taking things into context.

You obviously got the wrong story, maybe that's my fault I don't know. Either way, moral of the story, don't rub things in other people's faces and expect them to just take it, especially when it was communicated beforehand to not bring it up.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

So, now you have turned on your mother and replaced her with your hatred of Donald Trump.

Freud is flipping over in his grave at the underlying psycho-dramatic themes and Shakespeare in his over the epic tragic-comedy he should've written as Redd Fox makes a ghostly appearance and says, "Damn, brother, I wouldn't have told that on myself!"
edit on 30-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

First, let me say I'm sincerely sorry to hear your relationship with your mother is strained. With that being said, the rest of this is nothing more than a different perspective. It's an outside viewpoint you and your brothers may not have considered.
Since she is your mother she's been around a bit longer than you and your brothers. She has lived through many more administrations and has seen all the changes in the process. Since she obviously loves you and your brothers did you consider she may fear for the direction she sees you guys are headed?
You seem to automatically assume her behavior was for her love of Trump, this is why you mentioned the stamping of the money, but her behavior may be directly related to her love for her sons and the things she fears her sons aren't grasping.
With age comes wisdom. That doesn't inherently make her all knowing or right, but I have a feeling she feels frustrated she can't get her pride and joys to see her side of things. Going only by the way I personally see you respond to posts here on ATS, you appear to be so set in your own ideals that you don't want to be open-minded to ideals that differ from yours. We're all like this at times so that statement is in no way meant as an insult to you.
Repair your relationship with your mother even if it means swallowing your pride. You'll regret it forever if you don't especially if it's ruined over politics of all things. Just something to consider and good luck.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

so me and my brother finally gave in after ignoring it for 3+ days. Long story short, things got heated (she is the one who started raising her voice and standing up, pointing fingers etc.), me and my brother tried to calm her down and be civil but she didn't seem to want any of it and proceeded to start cussing and throwing insults around. It was probably the worst fight I've seen her in (once I saw she was getting worked up I removed myself from the conversation). She ended up staying in a hotel for the night because she couldn't control herself.

Oh, "you gave in", "you were civil", "you calmed her down", "she raised her voice", "because she couldn't control herself".

Well, that doesn't sound self righteous, smug, and condescending at all.

Any chance your OP is fairly onesided?

edit on 30-10-2018 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

We have since made up, there is no hate between any of us.

You guys are really twisting what I say into something that was never meant. Amazing.

The point of the thread is to point out how the current political climate is most likely damaging families and the blame is not relegated to just one side.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Says who? You? Boy you are wrong. I love my mom no matter what. The moral of the story fell on deaf ears I suppose. Oh well.

link   

I read every word. I just made a quick summary.

I won't call you a liar, but it sure is convenient to all of a sudden have anecdotal evidence to reinforce your rhetoric around here. Not to mention pretty strange you'd throw your mom under the bus over politics.

To each their own I guess.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I'm not throwing my mom under the bus, that would require you guys knowing who she is. I've seen plenty of anecdotal stories on here from the other side, I didn't see you calling those stories convenient though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join