It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye is done with politics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So are we to take it he is once again off his meds?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
LOL Hold up. Yes I said it, Kanye is no better than Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd, very talentless. They are average. The only reason they're famous is because they have "trippy...really cool when you're high lyrics".

Right.... somehow I doubt you've actually listened to the bulk of their music, but nevertheless I'm not going to continue derailing this thread on the matter. Fact is, probably every one of your favorite musicians would themselves tell you how whack and out-of-touch your opinion is in regards to Pink Floyd.

edit on 31/10/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Thank God. What an imbecile. I can't think of a dumber human being...um...nope, just can't.

Even worse, I love hip-hop and rap music...from old school to newer stuff like Kendrick Lamar and Migos.. Never liked Kanye's music. He's one of those no talent guys that the record labels push on you, like Justin Beiber or Disturbed or Pink Floyd.

My honourable colleague Navieko has already pointed out where you went wrong with Floyd but even Disturbed can't be tarred with the same brush, they have way more talent than Bieber or Kanye They write all their own material (except covers of course) and they've only really been forced down peoples throats since they released their cover of The Sound of Silence, which received critical acclaim and garnered them attention from places in which they were previously ignored. They have worked hard to get where they are as well

They're not my favourite band, (they were for a month or two when their debut album broke and I'm even featured in Kerrang! saying so, so no use in my denying it) but they certainly deserve more credit than given here.

As I mentioned before I think Kanye's team spun this into a PR win for him, is there anything the White House could say that could spin a win for them too? Or is egg on their face the best they can hope for?

I'll bite here too. I think disturbed is one of those bands that's force fed on us, like Beiber and Kanye west. Notice, if you listen to any rock radio, that in the last 10 years every band sounds like a rip off of Metallica--tht's disturbed, but with way less talent.

If you want to talk about talented rock...Slayer, Megadeth, Voivod, Foo Fighters....There's just not a lot of good new metal or Rock. Even bands like Evile and Havock are rip offs of Metallica and Slayer but with less talent and originality.

Not gonna argue with the talented and far-better-than-Disturbed bands you listed.but Disturbed are a mainstream metal band and as such are gonna be played in every music channel. Also Drainman's 80's inspired Device side project was pretty good.

Different strokes and all that....

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So is he a black man again now that hes backed out of his political speechifying?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
So is he a black man again now that hes backed out of his political speechifying?

I think now that Kanye's a much better actor than I ever gave him credit for. Who's "The Apprentice" now?

edit on 31-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustaBill
a reply to: LedermanStudio

Maybe this is all for an unknown promotion for his new stage name and album drop on Nov. 5th.

Kanye Twitty's favorite country remakes.

Track 1
Man! I Feel Like a Winner!

Here's to you!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think now that Kanye's a much better actor than I ever gave him credit for. Who's "The Apprentice" now?

Naw,this is his wife bowing to her family to shut him up or lose her place in the will.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: olaru12

Naw,this is his wife bowing to her family to shut him up or lose her place in the will.

Hie still supports Trump what he was trying to do was distance himself from blexit. He found himself getting more and more involved and i don't think its something he intended. I just think Candice Owens was very persuasive. His view has always been make your own choices not talk people into changing theirs.

Candice Owens is trying to change minds and is very effective.

edit on 10/31/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

LMAO, that is absolutely priceless. I mean that too because you totally nailed my mental image.
Outstanding friend...outstanding and thank you!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

LOL Hold up. Yes I said it, Kanye is no better than Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd, very talentless. They are average. The only reason they're famous is because they have "trippy...really cool when you're high lyrics".

Right.... somehow I doubt you've actually listened to the bulk of their music, but nevertheless I'm not going to continue derailing this thread on the matter. Fact is, probably every one of your favorite musicians would themselves tell you how whack and out-of-touch your opinion is in regards to Pink Floyd.

back to the thread then...My position is that kanye is a mentally unhinged, though provocative and controversial figure. That's why he's famous not because it's good music. Kanye makes good news headlines...the record industry started pushing him as the best artist of his generation. No talent.

Much the same way that Pink Floyd is talentless. They have an average Blues Guitar player, Maybe slightly above average. Vocals are terrible, Lyrics terrible, Bass player, Drummer, Keyboards...well below average. They're famous for being "trippy".. and for really cool light shows at their concerts.

All of their contemporaries have far more talent..Led Zeppelin, Rush, Yes, Allman Brothers, ACDC, Black Sabbath, steely dan...name almost anyone from that generation and they're way better. Pink Floyd is the anomaly. Pot is the answer to why they are famous, just like the Grateful dead. Talent doesn't matter sometimes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join