It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye is done with politics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: JinMI

Ok. It still doesn't change the fact that people who had him on a pedestal a few weeks ago will now kick him off right into the garbage heap.

People's opinions are so fickle these days.

Why do you think this?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Oh for god sake, all the guy said was that he doesn't want to be dragged into # he doesn't necessarily agree with. I don't blame him, I seriously doubt he signed up to be a political figure that is constantly harassed and I seriously doubt he wants to have to explain what he's actually thinking a million times and still be lied about in the media.

edit on 30 10 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Between his wife threatening to get ass reduction surgery, Bruce screeching reeeeee at him and threats from the gay mafia hip hop players.

He really doesnt have a choice.

The media has portrayed him as a lunatic, so I'm sure he was reminded of how open and shut his "suicide" would have been.

You are now officially one of my favorite posters

You speak real truth in a way that brings the lul

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I agree, the dude is a great self promoter..
I dont care if he goes and becomes an anti-trumper, I can appreciate how he saw an oppertunity to get a ton of free press and jumped on it.

Pretty close to how I see it. However, not Self promotion. I truly believe he has quite a lot of intention behind what he thinks and feels. Regardless of how he might communicate it, he seems very determined to accomplish something. If his only goal was to highlight the prison issue and then ducked back out of the spotlight, this was pretty genius.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Christ you people give Kanye a lot of credit. The world he operates in is filled with agents, managers, producers and lawyers.

They tell him what to say and do. He is just a controlled media whore. A performer on the stage of fantasy and dreams, built by bald ugly men is glass and chrome offices in LA and NYC.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
He's one of those no talent guys that the record labels push on you, like Justin Beiber or Disturbed or Pink Floyd.

Woah woah woah.... hang the actual f#%k on there.... did you seriously just lump Pink Floyd into a list of "no-talents" including Justin Beiber and Kanye West?? Pink Floyd??? Talk about clueless, wow. But then I see your actual musical preference and I guess it makes sense. Migos... really now?

I get that music is subjective, but to call a band like Pink Floyd talent-less (when they are clearly right up there as one of the greatest of all time, specifically in regards to talent, on all spectrums) - that's just god damn factually wrong. There might be a small handful of musicians in the last couple decades that are worthy of shining Pink Floyds collective boots. Sheesh... kids these days.
edit on 31/10/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Mahogany

Nah Trump will just claim that kenye was just using Trump for his own publicity and the whole thing was a publicity stunt.

Which honestly might not be that far from the truth.

Kanye Who?

You're likely very close to the facts.

Kanye clearly wanted a bit of what JZ got with the Obamas. I assume Kanye's people reached out to the White House because, let's face it, he's not as famous as he was a few years bac (at the height of his music career or even later whilst riding the coat-tails of his wife's freak show, sorry I mean "reality" show.

On the flip side the White House likely talked Trump into the meeting because it would improve his rating with the black community and maybe the [mainstream] Urban community at large.

So the net result is that Kanye West has spun it into a PR victory with this statement.

It's good Mr West has given up on Politics, now if only he would give up on music....
edit on 31/10/18 by djz3ro because: Fixing layout

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Thank God. What an imbecile. I can't think of a dumber human being...um...nope, just can't.

Even worse, I love hip-hop and rap music...from old school to newer stuff like Kendrick Lamar and Migos.. Never liked Kanye's music. He's one of those no talent guys that the record labels push on you, like Justin Beiber or Disturbed or Pink Floyd.

My honourable colleague Navieko has already pointed out where you went wrong with Floyd but even Disturbed can't be tarred with the same brush, they have way more talent than Bieber or Kanye They write all their own material (except covers of course) and they've only really been forced down peoples throats since they released their cover of The Sound of Silence, which received critical acclaim and garnered them attention from places in which they were previously ignored. They have worked hard to get where they are as well

They're not my favourite band, (they were for a month or two when their debut album broke and I'm even featured in Kerrang! saying so, so no use in my denying it) but they certainly deserve more credit than given here.

As I mentioned before I think Kanye's team spun this into a PR win for him, is there anything the White House could say that could spin a win for them too? Or is egg on their face the best they can hope for?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No, he specifically clarified to TMZ he is not referring to Trump.

Watch out for the click bait titles.....

STORY UPDATE

4:15 PM PT -- Kanye contacted us to make it clear he did not mention Donald Trump in his tweets, and he's getting out of politics altogether. As for being "used" ... he says he was specifically referencing Blexit, and that's it.

www.tmz.com...

Read between the lines, his wife KK is just jealous of Candace.

I caught that too this morning. Yep.... Always 2 sides of the story depending on where the information comes from. People are so quick to..... Well, we can all read the thread before this information came to light (and after).

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LedermanStudio
I think this man is a marketing genius!

The singer made the surprising declaration on Twitter on Tuesday.
'My eyes are now wide open and now realize I've been used to spread messages I don't believe in. I am distancing myself from politics and completely focusing on being creative !!!,' he wrote. 
In an extended Twitter rant, he criticized Trump's immigration policy, denounced the 'blexit' movement, and thanked his family.

Kanye DONE!!!

It's obvious, his Wife owns him.

edit on 31-10-2018 by KingJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

Maybe this is all for an unknown promotion for his new stage name and album drop on Nov. 5th.

Kanye Twitty's favorite country remakes.

Track 1
Man! I Feel Like a Winner!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Sadly, I think that there is really something wrong with Kanye West--he's lost and has no sense of person or purpose.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Only an idiot compares Bieber to Floyd, hell you don;t even have to like Floyd to understand they are very talented..I look forward to hearing some of Amazings music.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Agreed, I think he's got some kind of psychological condition actually.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustaBill
a reply to: LedermanStudio

Maybe this is all for an unknown promotion for his new stage name and album drop on Nov. 5th.

Kanye Twitty's favorite country remakes.

Track 1
Man! I Feel Like a Winner!

You owe me for a new keyboard and half a box of kneenx to clean up the mess!!!

Track 2. She's got Arthritis in Both hands
edit on 31-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

He's one of those no talent guys that the record labels push on you, like Justin Beiber or Disturbed or Pink Floyd.

Woah woah woah.... hang the actual f#%k on there.... did you seriously just lump Pink Floyd into a list of "no-talents" including Justin Beiber and Kanye West?? Pink Floyd??? Talk about clueless, wow. But then I see your actual musical preference and I guess it makes sense. Migos... really now?

I get that music is subjective, but to call a band like Pink Floyd talent-less (when they are clearly right up there as one of the greatest of all time, specifically in regards to talent, on all spectrums) - that's just god damn factually wrong. There might be a small handful of musicians in the last couple decades that are worthy of shining Pink Floyds collective boots. Sheesh... kids these days.

LOL Hold up. Yes I said it, Kanye is no better than Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd, very talentless. They are average. The only reason they're famous is because they have "trippy...really cool when you're high lyrics".

If you want to talk about contemporaries. I think Yes, Rush, Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath are all top ten greats. Pink Floyd doesn't deserve to be in that discussion though. And neither does Kanye.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Thank God. What an imbecile. I can't think of a dumber human being...um...nope, just can't.

Even worse, I love hip-hop and rap music...from old school to newer stuff like Kendrick Lamar and Migos.. Never liked Kanye's music. He's one of those no talent guys that the record labels push on you, like Justin Beiber or Disturbed or Pink Floyd.

My honourable colleague Navieko has already pointed out where you went wrong with Floyd but even Disturbed can't be tarred with the same brush, they have way more talent than Bieber or Kanye They write all their own material (except covers of course) and they've only really been forced down peoples throats since they released their cover of The Sound of Silence, which received critical acclaim and garnered them attention from places in which they were previously ignored. They have worked hard to get where they are as well

They're not my favourite band, (they were for a month or two when their debut album broke and I'm even featured in Kerrang! saying so, so no use in my denying it) but they certainly deserve more credit than given here.

As I mentioned before I think Kanye's team spun this into a PR win for him, is there anything the White House could say that could spin a win for them too? Or is egg on their face the best they can hope for?

I'll bite here too. I think disturbed is one of those bands that's force fed on us, like Beiber and Kanye west. Notice, if you listen to any rock radio, that in the last 10 years every band sounds like a rip off of Metallica--tht's disturbed, but with way less talent.

If you want to talk about talented rock...Slayer, Megadeth, Voivod, Foo Fighters....There's just not a lot of good new metal or Rock. Even bands like Evile and Havock are rip offs of Metallica and Slayer but with less talent and originality.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Voivod

Nothing else you wrote matters aside from this.

we are friends for life!

RRRRROOOOOAAAAARRRRRRR!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

LOL, my bad. I can actually picture him doing something like this. After looking at the picture with him and Trump...

Track #3
Daddy's Hands

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Kanye, from what I understand, is bipolar.

That's a helluva commute.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join