It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People do just vanish.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: LABTECH767

Look at it this way mate in a nation with 66.57 million people there are statistically speaking apt to be a few serial killers doing the rounds.

And considering the reduction in Police numbers and manpower that's already transpiring or in the pipeline, i dont imagine our detection rates are going to get any better.

Reduction of number of police is "in the pipeline?" Where do you get that?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm still believing and researching the anomaly of an alternate dimension. Other ATS members have written stories about the "Upside down" or sometimes called "Seven Beyond". This place being a alternate but not complete duplicate of our world.

My own experience with it was done during the summer of 2017. I was coming from one of my local libraries to catch a bus home. As the bus was approaching, the bus destination header started to dim when it got close to me. It eventually went completely out when the bus driver stopped. I asked the driver (somewhat perplexed) if he was going to the end of the line.
He quickly nodded his head and stated yes.

When I went to sit down it dawned on me that this was an awful lot of people (around 18?) to be on here at this hour of the day (around 1:20 pm). I shrugged it off but began to notice that as we progressed, no one seemed to be getting off the bus.
By the time we got to the end of the line turn-a-round only me and one other guy got off the bus. So I'm kind of like WTF is this?

As I turned to look at the bus, it starts to take off without pausing (which stopping is it's normal procedure) and traveling in a direction behind our mall, which is not a standard bus route. I write this off as maybe just a driver needing to stop at the bathroom or something (which they do sometimes). But what freaked me out was when I looked at the banner/header it did not say GARAGE (which is standard fare) but said SEVEN B something (it was moving fast so I could not catch the full banner/header).

I know this sounds similar to what the member wrote about in the Paranormal Posting from Brazil (and I probably should have posted this there...sorry bout that) but I sense a connection to these vanishings and a possible explanation for them.
Who knows?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Google is your friend there i imagine.

The statistics speak for themselves, as do the job cuts.

www.theguardian.com...

www.theguardian.com...

www.theguardian.com...

Im sure you get the picture.
edit on 31-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
saw the title of this thread and immediately thought of Aussie pilot Fred Valentich who mysteriously disappeared somewhere over Southern Australia many years ago while a ufo was chasing him.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
People not familiar with his work may not know the steps he takes to rule out human or predator involvement. He has a specific set of standards required before adding missing persons to his database.

Some of the cases are so strange like- his clothes were neatly folded on a rock; or he was only 3, seen miles away on the face of a mountain and then vanished; or she was only 10 paces in front of me, then vanished- that sort of thing.

Not to mention the National Park service makes it nearly impossible for him to obtain records of these cases. They throw down the gauntlet of red tape and astronomical fees.

This is in the hundreds of thousands of missing persons now! And it’s too widespread and for such a long span of time for it to be one serial killer, or even a group.

Nice thread!

edit on 31-10-2018 by raedar because: Typo

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

a reply to: LABTECH767

Look at it this way mate in a nation with 66.57 million people there are statistically speaking apt to be a few serial killers doing the rounds. And considering the reduction in Police numbers and manpower that's already transpiring or in the pipeline, i dont imagine our detection rates are going to get any better.

Not so. The number of serial killers apparently peaked in the 1980s/early 1990s and has been shrinking ever since, thanks in large part to people now having trackers in their phones. Law enforcement also has the ability now to zero in on serial killers with new searches through DNA companies and improved profiling.

But you still see a lot of serial killers on TV, because their activities make for excellent for TV drama.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That could just be the number of serial killers detected through.

There really is no way of determining how many serial killers there are per million people, probably more than 1 all the same.

Consider that sociopathic and psychopathic behaviors certainly seem to be on the rise in this day of age.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
That applies to most cities. How many of them remain missing?

Unfortunately, a lot of child custody kidnappings get lumped into the statistics. When somebody goes missing - particularly little, middle-class white girls -- the media goes nuts. That's how unusual it is.

As for adults, there are quite a few people who bail on their lives and start over. Nothing nefarious about that.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Interesting one about the hunter walking a trail, and sees something like a shimmering mirror in front of him, he puts his leg in and it disappears then he pulls it out and then gets the heck out of it. That with a bit of imagination, could be a dimensional gate when you walk through , might just close for a few days, then open again to either let the persons get back or place the body back. This effect has been mentioned before, but most people would probably say nothing as they would be considered mad. Could an entity know when a gates time zone for activation would occur and use the few seconds accordingly? again it might be stargate stuff but it would frighten a lot of people to death, if you were a kid it might not worry you so much as at that age its all magic.
Again it might be a natural phenomena, to do with granite water and some sort of astrological timing that some ancient people knew more about than us.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

If one is logical, and stays objective, a disappearing person is basically an object that has gone missing, the circumstances of going missing while they are not being observed. Might also be relevant and might also be relevant as at the moment of their disappearance could be called ,a " weak node" in the reality structure, that is they are not being observed , This vid is quite interesting as it deals with objects that have gone missing, some return and some do not. The summing up in the vid.maintains that the things that do go missing are weak nodes in the reality structure, which means not many people know or are observing them. Which makes reality a consciousness type effect and a non material one, which would be the case that allows these sort of things to happen.
That's not to say that out in the woods that their is more to it, for instance the rationalisation of a dimensional portal opening, and closing could also be interpreted any number of ways, like a UFO is not a nuts and bolts space craft, but is the rationalising of the dimensional portal to allow for a disappearance.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I like to imagine this kind of stuff from time to time, but then the drugs wear off.

An unhinged portal to another dimension, reality, part of the universe, another universe.

And you expect it to just, be in a particular spot? On Earth? A planet rotating through space... In an orbit around a star... A star which is hurtling through our universe 140 miles per SECOND ?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I believe he is talking about UK police forces, the Tory/Conservative government over here is driven by right wing ideology, an ideology based on benefiting the elite and rewarding the rich and they believe that you can get more for less by impoverishing the nation while consolidating the wealth into fewer and fewer hand's, this in turn translates to there spending freezes for public services and spending increases that are below the level of inflation which in turn translate into real world cut's to those services meaning less police, less doctor's, less public services and more poverty, crime and destitution as well as urban decay as a result - despite the Tory's other policy of CLASS cleansing were they are forcing the poor into other parts of the country while making the areas were the wealth is invested more exclusive as part of there drive toward social class structuring.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Interesting one about the hunter walking a trail, and sees something like a shimmering mirror in front of him, he puts his leg in and it disappears then he pulls it out and then gets the heck out of it. That with a bit of imagination, could be a dimensional gate when you walk through , might just close for a few days, then open again to either let the persons get back or place the body back. This effect has been mentioned before, but most people would probably say nothing as they would be considered mad. Could an entity know when a gates time zone for activation would occur and use the few seconds accordingly? again it might be stargate stuff but it would frighten a lot of people to death, if you were a kid it might not worry you so much as at that age its all magic.
Again it might be a natural phenomena, to do with granite water and some sort of astrological timing that some ancient people knew more about than us.

You might be thinking of a story called “The Trap”. If not then this is awefully similar.

This story has always fascinated me and does make you wonder...

It’s imbedded in this link just a little way down amongst a few other similar stories, well worth a read

sunstar-solutions.com...

edit on 31-10-2018 by MarsneedsGuitars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsneedsGuitars

That is a very interesting account and very similar to other account's such as the one about some young college girl's driving through new mexico whom found themselves in a completely different place to the desert and were chased by egg shaped three wheeled vehicles.

Now I would be grasping at straw's here but if that is a genuine account then it sound's almost like Big Foot speak's English and is therefore potentially a human race, it also sound's as if this was a time or dimensional door to another version of or a future earth, future due to global warming the territory is now tropical or other dimension one which is very close to our own.

IF either of these supposition's are true then it would suggest that this other race either our own descendant's OR our parallel counterpart's are more technically advanced than we are due to there ability to open or at least use these portal's.

IF they are preying on human's a Sentient race then they are either Cannibal's OR getting the same type of kick out of isolating and catching unawares people as a fisherman or a hunter does out of capturing there prey.

But most certainly if the Account is genuine then we have an actual enemy that think's itself able to attack with a level of impunity and it would be a potentially disastrous mistake if we ever learn to control those portal's ourselves not to then strike back at these being's.

The fact however that it spoke Human like the word 'Gotcha' like a fisherman reeling in his line would suggest it at least has some understanding and perhaps even cultural and linguistic parallel to the human race and could be acting outside of it's own races legal boundary's almost like a inter-dimensional cannibal poacher, I will say Cannibal because if it is from another dimension then they are us or our other dimensional counterparts in that other realm, also I will say Cannibal since if they are time displaced then for it to use human word's it therefore would suggest it's ancestors were us or it has learned of us and emulated our science, language and used them for it's own culture perhaps from what survived of us after our own extinction but would still be cannibal since it likely has some of our own chromosomes perhaps with sufficient genetic editing to enable it to survive in that future world but either way it would remain a monster and an abortion of whatever science created it for it to be preying upon human's in that way.

Of course I am only letting my imagination get the better of me here but since it is a what if it is also a potential very severe threat, what if such a species only came into being through our own downfall and they had a vested interest in making certain that we did come to an end?.

Though let's be fair those type of story's do fall into the urban legend category and should be treated with very great suspicion.

edit on 1-11-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

a reply to: watchandwait410

If parallel universe exists, they may be only separated from our own by less than a millimeter.

What if somehow around areas of high magnetic intensity or specific geological makeup the barrier between dimensions becomes somewhat more pliable?

People could simply walk in and out of our universe without even realizing it dependent of course on how different there original dimension is from our own.

Just what ifs all the same.

I think that answer could be the reason of seeing ghosts ?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

Possibly.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Possibly.

If only we could find reports from the past of Victorian people catching a glimpse of someone dressed strange (us) for a brief moment.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Reports i image could be found.

Conclusive proof, however, does seem to remain rather elusive.

Such is the nature of the beast in question i suppose.

What about all the ooparts and the likes of aluminum alloy or sparkplug like device that have turned up in Coal or other materials excavated from deep underground?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Reports i image could be found.

Conclusive proof, however, does seem to remain rather elusive.

Such is the nature of the beast in question i suppose.

What about all the ooparts and the likes of aluminum alloy or sparkplug like device that have turned up in Coal or other materials excavated from deep underground?

I'm bored with the Paranormal in a way as you get tit bits but no proper answer as I just posted in the UFO part as saw some very strange lights appearing and disappearing and appearing in a different point in the sky...my heads #ed.
BUT yes the Paranormal is a pain in the arse as unlike Wiki we get most of the answers but on this Earth its like some #ing game be it Time Slips. UFO, Abductions, Ghosts and the whole bollocks of that #in Skinwalker Ranch but I do believe there is something and maybe when we pass over we find out ?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

"but I do believe there is something and maybe when we pass over we find out?"

Or not, but it's prudent to hedge one's bets after if, and if you are wrong who's going to know?

Let's just say i don't imagine it to be the Biblical notion of St Peters gate nor the fire of Hell that awaits us, if anything at all, after we shuffle off the mortal coil, nor any other organized religious interpretation of the next life for that matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join