It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don Lemon: asks for a "white men travel ban"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That's why I like you, Terry, even though we often disagree. You actually work at coming to your own conclusions.

edit on 30-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: amazing

I'm a white guy. I don't feel threatened by a giant mob of non white CNN watchers coming to take me away. LOL

You are a brave man Mr. Eastwood.

If the worst I have to worry about is Don Lemon and a few aging baby boomers coming to get me, I think I'm okay. LOL

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Perfect answer imo.

Have you seen the clips of Don Lemon laughing when a CNN contributor on his show referred to Kanye West as "what happens when a negro doesn't read" and "the Trump administration's token negro"?

Not trying to convince you of anything...just providing a little context as to why I personally think Lemon is out of line...

A2D

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Here's what A2D is talking about, Terry:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If anyone has any doubt that CNN is an ANTI-America Domestic-based TERRORIST Organization:

CNN and star anchor Jake Tapper are under fire for remaining silent when a guest on his program declared that President Trump had radicalized more people than ISIS.

Hours later, CNN’s Don Lemon drew the ire of Majority Whip Steve Scalise by declaring that Democrats don’t kill people, completing a 24-hour span being labeled CNN’s “new low” by critics.

More at: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

So, this evening on The Daily Show was a who identifies as black. To most of us he is of African decent but I will leave to him how to define himself. In one of the segments of his bit, he was mocking something, I forget what and in his mocking referenced white women likeing goats milk. Goats milk and something other, again I forget, some thing that matches with trendy women who like these modern day food fads. Got it?

Would the joke be funny if a woman of another was substituted for the white woman, if so,it would still be funny.
If not, as was the case in bit, there are other levels to its humor.

if the woman telling the joke was white, then it would be funny because making fun of the group is making fun of yourself. Same with black men joking about black men.

When the teller of the joke is not of the group that is being generalized, there is another question that comes into play. Was the joke told only to be funny OR was it told to make disparaging remarks about whatever group was the butt of that joke.

So, this little joke I mentioned earlier needs to be evaluated in that light. A black man making a joke about a group of white women. That for me is the crux here. The intent.

Now he can claim that he is an entertainer and specifically a comedian and hence his jokes must be taken at face value, that is to just be funny. Here, I disagree. As he makes many comments about stereotyping black people, he has crossed the line and done the vary same thing he complains about. Now if he had substituted ''black women and watermelon'' it still would not have been ok as he is a man. But if he had substituted 'black men and watermelon',, It would have been ok.

I guess. To me, this was a case of racism and not just a joke.And really in any case, from any angle other than the disparaging angle, not funny at all. The joke was funny the firs time but many iterations later not funny at all.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Thanks Gut. If you would, would you read a post i just made, probably right above this one and get back to me with your impressions? I would appreciate it.

It has been pointed out to me that oftentimes my wording and stuff is confusing

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

This whole Connie West thing is a conundrum for liberals ain't it? Huge black rapper, rapper right? with an outrageous ego, I guess, and he says he loves Trump.

For several years now I have been given the impression that he is at least idiosyncratic. A modestly talented and very rich narcissist who has gotten away with a lot of outrageous behavior. People have made jokes about him in that light for a while.

To me, the thing here is the issue of a celebrity being held as an icon by many many people who consider themwelves to be liberal, all of a sudden joining ranks Trump. what a mindscrew. Whats up any more, what's down. How can any of us keep up with this stuff?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
If you are a young black man, who is the biggest threat to murder you with a gun? Hint: it's not a far right white man.

ETA: Terrorists use 'terror', or fear, as their weapon as much as, or even effectively more so than actually killing. My problem is mostly with white cops being projected as lawfully protected murderers of black men, effectively terrorists. This is a concern, but it is minuscule to the real problem.
edit on 31-10-2018 by SouthernForkway26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Dear Lord.

These people truly have no concept that arbitrarily and negatively defining someone by race is a form of "racism" even against us white folks. On the other hand, they falsely believe our nationalism is a form of racism (when it is race blind, and solely based on national origin not race)

A lot of them are pretty turned around and backwards

EDIT: Hasn't Lemon done enough to "help" the Dems? They need his "help" like they need Hillary's "help" (NOT AT ALL!)
edit on 10/31/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: pronto

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: DBCowboy

Warren is going trick and treating dressed as a tomahawk missile.

😸

G,day two points
FIRST. what an insult to the cruise missile
SECOND. completely understandable
she's got a face like a bloody worn out SHELL roadhouse map
aah bugga it.
in for a penny in for a pound/or
if i'm going to hang it will be for a sheep and not a lamb
if my dog had a face like hers
i would shave its arse and make it walk backwards
damn that feels better. much better
i have been wanting to say that for months

I thought Trump gave her a Pocahontas costume.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Dudes a POS. I have listened to CNN the last couple of days and have found they are mind readers. They seem to know what everyone is thinking. They say this is what they meant when they said that a lot. Basically, change the narrative of a statement to fit their agenda. If they fail they can start a physic hotline.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Considering who has done all the mass shootings in recent years, he's probably right.

You mean VA Tech, San Bernardino, Orlando, Ft. Hood, Boston, the BLM shooter in Texas, D.C. Snipers? Those "white" guys?

But mass shootings are counted as two or more, so I think the gang bangers have the market cornered. So take your lies and try again.
edit on 31-10-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Looks like this is going over people's heads.. of course.

It's hyperbolic political satire being used to draw attention to what the opposition is doing.

Didn't everyone learn about "A modest proposal" in their high school American Literature class?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

How do you open a video saying

" we have to stop demonizing people and realise the biggest terror threat in this country are white men , radicalised to the right "

then go on to demonize white people in the same sentence !

not to mention if you travel ban white people , the US airlines would take a hit since the majority of travelers in the US will be white people since they are the majority of citizens in the US

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Don might need to alter his statement. I remember this shooting from April 2018:

nypost.com...

"Nasim Aghdam
The woman behind Tuesday’s shooting at YouTube headquarters is a vegan bodybuilder who used the video-sharing website regularly in years past — and once posted a clip claiming her content was being “discriminated and filtered,” a report says.

Nasim Aghdam, 39, of Southern California, is said to be the deceased suspect, according to NBC Bay Area’s Investigative team.

She apparently had her own YouTube channel — under the name “Nasim Wonder 1” — which she used to promote her healthy living style and hatred for animal abuse."

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Last time that happened to me I was in the middle of a dry spell and smiled said I am glad someone thinks I look good, but no thanks, bought him a beer as a way of saying thank you and we chatted about sports before going our separate ways.

On topic, Lemon was an idiot and CNN is looking worse by the day for middle of the road people any conservative that used the exact same phrasing but using any other ethnic group would have been run out of town on a rail by now.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Whats up any more, what's down. How can any of us keep up with this stuff?

Thats the thing, you dont really until voting days come around!

At least thats what I try to do, tossing memes at problems until they go away!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Must suck to be Don Lemon and suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I wonder if this is grounds to sue CNN for anything, it's sounding awfully close to it but IANAL.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I feel exactly the same way if I understand correctly, T. McG. Some folk are actually being mean--or even expressing racism-- and then hide behind, "It was just a joke, I didn't mean nuffin!"

However, as awful as some can be I also feel that freedom of speech is so sacrosanct, so inherently important, that as a society we have to/need to keep our hands and opinions off of it even when we find it offensive. It's a slippery slope when we try to put too many rules on it

On the other hand I also believe we have a responsibility to use our own freedom of speech to denounce it if we see others being hurt by particularly nasty folk.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join