It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don Lemon: asks for a "white men travel ban"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Trueman

I thought you above this kind of yellow journalism Trueman. He did not say'' the biggest terrorist threat to the nation is white me''.

He said, '' the biggest terrorist threat to the nation is white men who mostly have been radicalized to the right''

Do you see the difference? The way you post it does sound racist. But you posted it wrong.

You took his statment, broke it in half and quoted only the first half. You took one sentence and broke it in half. One sentence. Now that is picking and choosing don't you think?

So, theoretically, if I said '' the biggest terrorist threat to the nation is muslim men who mostly have been radicalized'' would that be wrong?

What about '' the biggest terrorist threat to the nation is black men who mostly have been radicalized''?

A2D

(post by carewemust removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Considering who has done all the mass shootings in recent years, he's probably right.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: DBCowboy

Warren is going trick and treating dressed as a tomahawk missile.

😸

G,day two points
FIRST. what an insult to the cruise missile
SECOND. completely understandable
she's got a face like a bloody worn out SHELL roadhouse map
aah bugga it.
in for a penny in for a pound/or
if i'm going to hang it will be for a sheep and not a lamb
if my dog had a face like hers
i would shave its arse and make it walk backwards
damn that feels better. much better
i have been wanting to say that for months

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Teach me then if you think I am so ignorant.Why to you see it as the same thing. Is saying ''green men are bad'' and green men are bad because they kill people'' the same thing?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

For starters, I never called you ignorant. And yes, calling a race of people bad is racist. You can say people who kill are bad, sure. That's a behavior. Why does race need to be in the statement?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Don Lemon: “The Biggest Terror Threat In This Country Is White Men”

Hitler: "The biggest terror threat in this country is the Jew"

Don Lemon = Hitler.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Well then I guess we would have to go to the statistics then huh? I am not denying that radicalized men of Muslim faith are a terrorist threat, nor that radicalized black men are a terrorist threat. I am not saying that Muslim men or black men are a terrorist threat.

The emphasis here is radicalized. White men, Muslim men, black men. Radicalized. Extremists.
My point here is the generalization of the statement by OP. The radicalization part was completely left out of the headline and the op as well other than the video.
Taking a statement and quoting only half the statement is fake news. This serves to antagonize ALL white men, most of which are not radicalized. However statements like that can antagonize to the degree that it brings about radicalization.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I changed the title. Got a copy and paste mistake. But what he said sucks the same or even more now. Haha...
edit on 30-10-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Don Lemon = Hitler.

90% of the U.S. MSM outlets = Hitler...or worse. Hitler did SMILE sometimes.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Yeah, he never called for a ban. He said there isn't one but yet America's greatest domestic threat are white males whom usually fall to the Right side of the political spectrum yet no one is calling for their ban. Comprehension is needed even when watching TV.

But we should ban all WHITE CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE RADICALS until we figure out WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!
edit on 30-10-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Not asking about whether the 2 statements are factually accurate, because I'm relatively certain domestic threats are in fact dominated by white men... however, that's a whole different story.

I'm simply asking you if you think changing "white" to any other race, would make the statement racist?

As the rest goes, I generally agree...it's the radicalization of these groups that poses a threat.

A2D
edit on 30-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, he never called for a ban. He said there isn't one but yet America's greatest domestic threat are white males whom usually fall to the Right side of the political spectrum yet no one is calling for their ban. Comprehension is needed even when watching TV.

But we should ban all WHITE CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE RADICALS until we figure out WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!

YUP, dem dur evil white Christians.....like only white people are Christians derp....

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Right, you didn't. Sorry for my reaction.

And as you offer, I have to take your point. Race should not be added into this equation at all. The point really is ''radicalized men''. No make that radicalized ''people''. I can agree with that. However, agreeing with your point drives me further away from agreeing with OP, in that the radicalization part was completely left out, making the entire OP about race rather than radicalization.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Oh I think he's being facetious but I'm not surprised you can't take a joke.

Actually the opposite. I found it freaking funny. Thanks for teaching me a new word (facetious). It fits the whole CNN.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
How bout a stupid television journalist ban?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
Change the race in his statement and watch the terror like riots begin. Huge double standard these days. What is it with this guy always having some shock & awe thing to say and gets away with it.
It’s the double standards I can’t stand anymore.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Don Lemon = Hitler.

You literally can’t be racist to white men. It’s a scientific fact I learned from my gender studies and sociology professor. The leading experts at Salon and The Root all agree! check your privilege you Nazi. #punchanazi #NPClivesmatter #literallyshaking #bashthefash
edit on 30-10-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Yeah, this really gets down to it. When a witness to a crime is asked for the color of the perp, is it racist to do so? Is it racist to answer either this or that? I just can' t go that far to be PC or whatever it is called to ignore evidence, you know?

So do we interpret Lemons statement as racist because he pointed out what current evidence provides or was he just pointing out evidence. WoW.

In this case I would need to investigate context, back ground. I have never watched Lemon and have watched hardly any CNN. Most of what I know about either CNN or Lemon is from reading here on ATS. And for me to make a decision on any of what I read here I must take only as '' hear say'' evidence.

So I must say I don't know. I don't think the race issue is that easily defined.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Good ol' Lemonhead. He puts a sour taste in my mouth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join