It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump claims he can defy Constitution and end birthright citizenship

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The right has lost it. This is how trump gets the base fired up. Has anyone mentioned to him that we have a constitution in the US?

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The constitution limits what the government can do. Hey trump, you are limited, not a dictator.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Wayfarer

a reply to: BlackJackal

It does not need to be repealed. It needs an edit.

Oh so 'edits' are free game then? So surely you'd entertain 'editing' the 2nd as well I'd trust...

Yes. I would have no problem with an edit that removes the right from people in this country illegally. Why should they have guns?

Because restricting their ability to acquire guns easily would inadvertently restrict good law abiding white christian male American citizens ability to acquire guns easily, and there shall be no Republican backed measure that does anything other than make guns cheaper, more available, easier to purchase, and more prevalent in all areas (except Republican political conventions strangely enough). Have you not even read your Republican Handbook?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: KlondikeCamerry

Yawn. Trump is not touching the Constitution.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Because restricting their ability to acquire guns easily would inadvertently restrict good law abiding white christian male American citizens ability to acquire guns easily

Sorry, you're lying. Making it illegal for them to own a gun would do nothing to anyone else, and I have no idea why you are a sexist racist, no one cares what color anyone's skin is or what gender they are in relations to the freedom of owning a gun other than you.

You asked the question, you baited a trap, sorry you got stuck in your own trap. Yes, edit the 2nd to specify illegals can not own a gun in the US. I support that 100%.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Because restricting their ability to acquire guns easily would inadvertently restrict good law abiding white christian male American citizens ability to acquire guns easily

Sorry, you're lying. Making it illegal for them to own a gun would do nothing to anyone else, and I have no idea why you are a sexist racist, no one cares what color anyone's skin is or what gender they are in relations to the freedom of owning a gun other than you.

You asked the question, you baited a trap, sorry you got stuck in your own trap. Yes, edit the 2nd to specify illegals can not own a gun in the US. I support that 100%.

What am I lying about? The argument I made above is the same argument 2nd amendment supporters make for why no changes should be made to the 2nd to restrict access in any fashion.

Um, and last I checked, I'm still freely moving about this board, so really the only one stuck is you, in my trap (thanks for the response).
edit on 44am18famWed, 31 Oct 2018 11:25:05 -0500America/ChicagoWed, 31 Oct 2018 11:25:05 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I'm sorry but the biggest problems in America are not related to race, as Trump is trying to hint.

After the shooting in Portland Pittsburg, 70,000 people have put their signatures to a petition to keep Trump away. The predominantly Jewish signatories are concerned that Trump represents right-wing hate speech, which was a motivator for the shooter and a reminder of the attitudes of Nazism which enacted the Holocaust.

Your right - that is a big problem.

70,000 people are apparently so ignorant or stupid they actually believe Trump supports Nazism.

The fact that many idiots are ready to sign the petition is very dangerous. To be that devoid of reality quite possibly makes them very dangerous to society.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

No, their argument is making it harder for citizens to get guns makes it harder for citizens to get guns. You have no argument. Making it so it is illegal for illegals does nothing to citizens. Does it being illegal for illegals to vote infringe on the rights of citizens to vote? Yawn.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

No, their argument is making it harder for citizens to get guns makes it harder for citizens to get guns. You have no argument. Making it so it is illegal for illegals does nothing to citizens. Does it being illegal for illegals to vote infringe on the rights of citizens to vote? Yawn.

Lol, ok man, I warned you but you went ahead anyways.

How exactly would you restrict illegal's from getting guns? Pray-tell by what mechanism could you do it that would 100% prevent them from acquiring guns that also wouldn't in some cases infringe upon the rights of citizens to freely acquire them?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Lol, ok man, I warned you but you went ahead anyways.

How exactly would you restrict illegal's from getting guns? Pray-tell by what mechanism could you do it that would 100% prevent them from acquiring guns that also wouldn't in some cases infringe upon the rights of citizens to freely acquire them?

Yawn. I don't have to come up with any ways to restrict it. I can't restrict someone from speeding, but I can make it illegal to do so.

How do you restrict someone from raping or murdering? Are you saying unless you tell me how you are going to restrict the ability to do it then it should not be illegal?

I fully support an edit to the 2nd specifying illegal aliens have no access to this right.
edit on 31-10-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

But if illegals aren't 'subject to the jurisdiction thereof' as Trump is pushing as his engine for modifying the current interpretation of the 14th, then making guns illegal in the hands of illegal immigrants would be a feckless law essentially on paper only, and unenforceable.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

But if illegals aren't 'subject to the jurisdiction thereof' as Trump is pushing as his engine for modifying the current interpretation of the 14th, then making guns illegal in the hands of illegal immigrants would be a feckless law essentially on paper only, and unenforceable.

It's enforced by immediate deportation.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Ok, that's a pretty ineffective way to stop them from getting them in their hands though. In essence it in fact is no different than right now.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Ok, that's a pretty ineffective way to stop them from getting them in their hands though. In essence it in fact is no different than right now.

It's hard to stop a criminal from committing a crime. You know, since they can get guns illegally and they can print one with a 3d printer. But like I said, I support an edit saying illegals can't partake in the 2nd, just like I do with the 14th. Thanks for asking.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: amazing

I'm not talking politically.

Meaning you were awful free with you comparison, especially to validate concern, with the numbers you used.

All I'm saying is...I think Trump is on course for 160-170 range. Is that a problem? Just because it's less than Obama and Bush, doesn't mean it's not too many executive orders. It's trending downward but I still think not enough.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yawn. Trump is not touching the Constitution.

This is how fascism comes to America. Rapped in a flag and carrying a bible.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

This is the result of brain washing. Learn to think for yourself.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

At least I can read and understand English.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: amazing

Not bashing Trump here but he seems to be abusing the executive order thing just as much if not more than Obama.

Concerning? yes. It's Obama's 277 to Trumps 42. Not close yet but Trump has another half of his first term and Obama had 2 terms to do that in.

Liberal math lol.

real math Obama will still have 100 more

Why is that Liberal math? I'm independent and voted Libertarian last election but...please do explain why it's liberal math. I really want to know.

Not insulting you.

Its liberal math because it was off buy 100 lol

You appear to call anyone a liberal that is critical of Trump? Weird.

Turn about is fair play. Im a racist Nazi in case you havent heard.

A few name callers do not identify the whole. You are falling into the same trap that the recent shooter/bombers did. Listening to a few strong voices and making incorrect assumptions about the whole. Lunatics on both sides do this and neither should get a voice.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: KlondikeCamerry

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Can you though? The argument is that the US has not yet subjected them to the jurisdiction of the US. What court case has settled this for illegals?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KlondikeCamerry

What court case has settled this for illegals?

I'm not sure about illegals specifically but there have been other cases where its been ruled that citizen or not (foreign nationals), everyone once in the boundaries of the nation is subject to the jurisdiction thereof.

The Exchange v. McFaddon

US v. Wong Kim Ark

Civil Rights act of 1866 directly addresses the matter
edit on 44pm18fpmWed, 31 Oct 2018 13:26:53 -0500America/ChicagoWed, 31 Oct 2018 13:26:53 -0500 by Wayfarer because: examples for you because I love you

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join