It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump claims he can defy Constitution and end birthright citizenship

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

After the shooting in Portland, 70,000 people have put their signatures to a petition to keep Trump away. The predominantly Jewish signatories are concerned that Trump represents right-wing hate speech, which was a motivator for the shooter and a reminder of the attitudes of Nazism which enacted the Holocaust.

I guess I missed the Portland shooting

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Natural-Born Citizens are those Born in the country of Parents who are Citizens – it is Necessary that they be Born of a Father Who is a Citizen. If a Person is Born here of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his Birth, and not his Country.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: xuenchen

Actually yes there is.

What stone is it set in ?

The laws are all on paper.

😆

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I do know who is not a citizen...

Anyone who would form a mob, then demand citizenship.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Anchor Babies . Illegals Breaking the Law to take Advantage of a Loop Hole in the Law . The Law Needs to be Changed . The President is Right to Look into this Blatant Abuse !

Fruit of the poisonous tree.

Therefore illegal.

😎🚬💨

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Muninn

Natural-Born Citizens are those Born in the country of Parents who are Citizens – it is Necessary that they be Born of a Father Who is a Citizen.

According to whom?

Cause apparently the 14th amendment begs to differ.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Actually yes there is.

😆

Thought the Left’s swing on the Constitution was it is a living document to be interpreted by the Judicial branch of government. Hmmmm

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

it is Necessary that they be Born of a Father Who is a Citizen.

Nope

If a Person is Born here of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his Birth, and not his Country.

Nope.

edit on 30-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: xuenchen

Actually yes there is.

Thought the Left’s swing on the Constitution was it is a living document to be interpreted by the Judicial branch of government. Hmmmm

Looks like Kavanaugh has a new "case" to work on.

🚬💨

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Section 1 of the 14th amendment says any child born in the United States. It doesn’t say any child born in the United States by a Noncitizen. That is what’s going to be challenged again .

The Constitution is always up for interpretation .

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I'm sorry but the biggest problems in America are not related to race, as Trump is trying to hint.

After the shooting in Portland, 70,000 people have put their signatures to a petition to keep Trump away. The predominantly Jewish signatories are concerned that Trump represents right-wing hate speech, which was a motivator for the shooter and a reminder of the attitudes of Nazism which enacted the Holocaust.

Reference please, "Trump is trying to hint"
The rest of your post is irrelevant.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Legislative intent. THe author of the 14th ammendment stated in 18666 that it was never intentended to include temporary bisitors, ambassadors, othere no permanent residents and implied only legal residents. sincce there's no othere legislative intent that has been referenced, to my knowledge, so be it.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I believe as others do that the intent is important. Trump may be intending to offer this logic to have the problem cleared up by the court. It was the original intent of the amendment to convey citizenship on the former slaves.

I guess we will find out.

No one should believe that Trump is doing something new with executive orders. Most of Obama’s were overturned, even by his own appointed Justices.

Anyone for popcorn and beer?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump offered a dramatic, if legally dubious, promise in a new interview to unilaterally end birthright citizenship, ratcheting up his hardline immigration rhetoric with a week to go before critical midterm elections.

Trump's vow to end the right to citizenship for the children of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on US soil came in an interview with Axios released Tuesday. Such a step would be regarded as an affront to the US Constitution, which was amended 150 years ago to include the words: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States."

Trump did not say when he would sign the order, and some of his past promises to use executive action have gone unfulfilled. But whether the President follows through on his threat or not, the issue joins a string of actions intended to thrust the matter of immigration into the front of voters' minds as they head to polls next week.

Source

So, now Trumps attempting to garner up support from his base in the midterm elections by claiming his going to violate the US constitution with an executive order.

Like seriously, are you guys that far gone that you would let a threat like this from Trump just pass, without taking issue?

His literally bragging about having the power to change the constitution at will. Obviously, as usual with Trump, its probably just a bunch of hot air and empty rhetoric... But still, he's made a claim that he has the power to single handedly rewrite the constitution.

How can even the most hardcore supporters of Trump just let this slide?

G,day
i wonder if he is just baiting/winding up/triggering/# stirring/arking up what you and i would call the left
by the way love your flag
i fly one and would salute those colours

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Let the Supreme Court decide. And the parents of the child be deported as illegals that they are.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
a reply to: chr0naut

I guess I missed the Portland shooting

Sorry, I got the City wrong, I meant Pittsburgh.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
That's actually in the Constitution. There are two requirements in the 14th Amendment. Clearly, simply being born in the United States is not enough.

This is clear in the Elk v. Wilkins decision of 1884. caselaw.findlaw.com...

It is clear that to be within jurisdiction one must have origin here legally.

The Supreme Court will decide and they will read the plain English.
edit on 30-10-2018 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Let go of the pearls. This aint happening.

Lol

Troller in chief

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The interview from the OP

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join