It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump claims he can defy Constitution and end birthright citizenship

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: amazing
Not bashing Trump here but he seems to be abusing the executive order thing just as much if not more than Obama.

Concerning? yes. It's Obama's 277 to Trumps 42. Not close yet but Trump has another half of his first term and Obama had 2 terms to do that in.

Liberal math lol.

real math Obama will still have 100 more

Why is that Liberal math? I'm independent and voted Libertarian last election but...please do explain why it's liberal math. I really want to know. Apparently you missed the part where I said "not close yet" LOL That must be "Liberal" reading skills?
edit on 30-10-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
One thing is certain, Trump's supporters will defend this decision with everything they've got and his opponents will fight it with everything they've got. I know where pretty much every member on these boards will stand on this issue. That's how predictable it has all gotten and how narrow people's minds have been made over the past few years.

Wrong, a few Trump supporters have said he can't do it.

Now go ahead and move those goal posts.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
While I agree that it is ridiculous that if these people can manage to sneak across the border to toss their litter they get rewarded with citizenship.

The amendment is pretty straightforward, I would expect the Supreme Court to rule the Executive Order unconstitutional.

But this just shows how important border security is.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Not bashing Trump here but he seems to be abusing the executive order thing just as much if not more than Obama.

Concerning? yes. It's Obama's 277 to Trumps 42. Not close yet but Trump has another half of his first term and Obama had 2 terms to do that in.

Liberal math lol.

Why is that Liberal math? I'm independent and voted Libertarian last election but...please do explain why it's liberal math. I really want to know.

Not insulting you.

Its liberal math because it was off buy 100 lol

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Liberal math lol.

Why is that Liberal math? I'm independent and voted Libertarian last election but...please do explain why it's liberal math. I really want to know.

Not insulting you.

You appear to call anyone a liberal that is critical of Trump? Weird.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Liberal math lol.

Not insulting you.

Turn about is fair play. Im a racist Nazi in case you havent heard.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: xuenchen

Actually yes there is.

Where?
Link?

The 14th man...

I mean maybe he could circumvent it on section 3 but idk. I didn't major in law.

Sorry I forgot the link you asked for.
It’s a .gov site so you should be good. Let me know if you get some unwanted virus things.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I think he triggered liberals again. Now we'll see them quoting and defending the constitution that they hate.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Birthright citizenship was never meant to be extended to illegal aliens who sneak a pregnant woman across the border to have her child on US soil. And the chain of citizenship that extends to their families was never meant to apply to them either. This is a gross perversion of the words of our founding fathers.

When this nation was new and the majority of population growth was from people coming to the newly formed US from overseas they were asked to swear allegiance to the US forsaking their prior national allegiance, in other words to become US citizens. It was determined that their children did not have to be sworn in since they were born here and their parents were newly minted US citizens. That birthright citizenship was NEVER meant to apply to illegal aliens. People who were here legally and gave birth had the option of claiming US citizenship or dual citizenship. At no time was it ever meant to be a way of securing citizenship for people who sneak across the border and hold up in birthing houses hiding from authorities.

As long as there is a legal way to become a US citizen we can not turn a blind eye to those whom choose to pursue citizenship illegally. If the law needs to change, then change it. Until then you obey the law like everyone else.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
US citizenry shouldn't be a right you should have to earn it.
Of course them children of elite must be allowed to have it by default
to ensure next generation of rulers.

link   

Anchor Babies . Illegals Breaking the Law to take Advantage of a Loop Hole in the Law . The Law Needs to be Changed . The President is Right to Look into this Blatant Abuse !

link   

I'm sorry but the biggest problems in America are not related to race, as Trump is trying to hint.

After the shooting in Portland Pittsburg, 70,000 people have put their signatures to a petition to keep Trump away. The predominantly Jewish signatories are concerned that Trump represents right-wing hate speech, which was a motivator for the shooter and a reminder of the attitudes of Nazism which enacted the Holocaust.

edit on 30/10/2018 by chr0naut because: D'oh!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

This is a contested point with this amendment.

I actually believe Trumps sole reason for this stunt is to sign and executive order, which will be immediately blocked, only to push the topic back into the courts and possibly have the interpretation changed to exclude those that come in illegally and give birth.

People should know by now that most of the time, he's engaging in a longer "con".

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Liberal math lol.

Not insulting you.

Turn about is fair play. Im a racist Nazi in case you havent heard.

Never said that bro, and never will. In case you need to know, I hate the democratic party just as much as the republican party and didn't vote for either of those two crooks-Hillary or Trump. My conscience is clear.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Good for them. My point still stands for the majority of those for and against him though.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
make the people earn it through contribution work or military service.
Them fema camps can be converted to work farms.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Sounds like any other president. Should I be shocked?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
He’s got a pen and a phone, so why not?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And I jokingly will point out that when I saw your avatar in this thread, I knew exactly what you would comment on.
And yes, this place is getting pretty old like that. Yes or no. Up or down. In or out. Tedious.
Myself, I blame Aristotle.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It will never happen, just like no one is going to take anyone's guns. The 14th and the 2nd.

This is Trump doing what he does, pulling on the heart-strings of his base to drum up voting enthusiasm. Nevermind that what he says is impossible, that he spews lies at every turn - so long as the crowd goes "yay".

And anyone who believes Trump really gives a damn about (or even understands) immigration issues is blind. He only wants your continued adoration (and votes).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join