It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi ATS, It’s the left here.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It is a problem for many of us I think. I could not support either Trump or Hillary and think they both should never have made on the ballot.

Having said that, I admit that I do support some of the things Trump is doing and we could have done worse by that metric, but not much. I agree with the Left on some issues, including very important ones. My only option was to reject both and vote based on issues.

It's very difficult because we are not fence sitters, the derogatory people like to apply to those who just happen to not agree with either platform, but parts of each. The good news is in the end, we decide who wins now and for some time now.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Perhaps the misuse of the word "triggered," being ignorantly used to describe basic disagreement rather than the hyperbolic overreaction the term was initially coined to describe, is part of the problem? You seek to challenge views, but when your own are even remotely challenged it's suddenly "OMG yous guys are so triggered!" People eventually start responding to stupidity and venom with the equivalent.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Actually in the context of that reply I think the use of the word triggered is suitable.

About 18 months or so ago I wrote several very provocative threads about Trump at one point 5 of them dominated the top 5 threads on the ATS home page.

Now there are a few members, including the member who I was replying to for whom every time I post a thread basically like to talk about me as if I am some kind of arch-nemesis of the right. This is usually expressed with a post along the lines of "ohhh but with your posting history....."

Its rather tiresome.

I embrace being challenged in my views, I enjoy it, its the only way I have found to get my views to evolve and grow stronger, what I don't like is posts like "meh....libtard" or focusing down on one word choice in a thread, or the aforementioned "ohhh but 6 months ago you said that that I don't like".

Really look at the first post after the OP in this thread.

Its from someone who obviously responded to the Alien in the suit and not the topic at hand.

What is the the mods like to say about attacking the ball and not the player?
edit on 30-10-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Instead of everyone focusing on the extreme right or left, focus on what 90% of Americans focus on.

The middle ground.

We are just living our life, day by day. Some better than others, some worse. We just want fair taxes and fair treatment.

Sure, I get upset sometimes thinking that there are others taking advantage of our system to support their lives. And there is. Just like those that have to use the system are upset with those that were born with a silver spoon. It goes both ways.

There are no clear answers. We need to unite to get that.

Instead, this country has been purposely divided. We are being taught to hate instead of love and helping your fellow man. We are being taught to hate our oppressors . We are being taught to place blame on someone or some idea.

We are but one, one humanity. But like siblings as kids, we fight over insignificant things.

This nation is turning into a bunch of children when the adults have left the room.

We need to grow up again, become the adults , and take on the responsibility that was handed down to us from our parents and grandparents.

We need to stop the media controlling our thoughts.

We need to start thinking for ourselves, for our children's future.

What we need to do is stop, and really think without outside influences.

Now, go in the corner, you are all in time out !

edit on 30-10-2018 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I'm familiar with the history, which you just skimmed over significantly. Created threads only tell half the story, participation in other's threads completes the narrative and, frankly, you wear your partisanship on your sleeve same as many here do.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Dude the issue here is not my posting history.

This thread is a satirical view on the way that some like to try to pretend that all of the left believes x y or z.

Again, I am not partisan, I might lean left but that does not mean I am declaring support for one political party or individual over the other, I am highly critical of all politicians regardless of their ideology. If you want to talk about my posting history it does support this.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Before I read a single response I want to tha k you for the best political post on ATS ever. Had a good laugh and you do certainly speak for this Scottish Lefty. Though remember we have Queen Sturgeon over here ha ha ha.

Now to see the responses...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Before I read a single response I want to tha k you for the best political post on ATS ever. Had a good laugh and you do certainly speak for this Scottish Lefty. Though remember we have Queen Sturgeon over here ha ha ha.

Now to see the responses...

Well from one Scottish lefty to another thank you very much for those kind words good sir.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If ATS had an ignore function, you'd be the first member I'd click. Your words just ooz like an infection and who died and made you head leftie? Don't answer that.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
If ATS had an ignore function, you'd be the first member I'd click. Your words just ooz like an infection and who died and made you head leftie? Don't answer that.

Yeah because thats how you deal with someone whose politics you don't like.

Ignore them, automatically makes those arguments you have no counter argument for go away and simultaneously makes you even more ignorant.

Thats how you do it!

Just ignore me and insult me then you don't have to deal with the fact that actually I might be making you have to think a little harder about your own views.

Yeah thats how to win a debate....just ignore the other side when they make a few good points, that should work right?..... stick your head in the sand and pretend that all is wonderful and happy in your echo-chamber

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

It's awkward when you happen to believe, as I do, in parts of both sides current platforms.

Leaning a bit Right or a bit Left is just a part of that. In fact looking at it over a lifetime, the parties change with the wind. I find the Dem's platform lacking and the Republicans platform lacking about equally.

I currently find myself unable to fully support either side, so behavior does come into play. Not the debate going on in the news or social media, but the behavior of the party leaders. One way to insure nothing gets done for real, meaning via congressional action, is for both sides to dig in their heels and reject compromise or working together towards a shared goal of a better country.

I've mentioned to you I'm leaning towards Trump now, but only because he's done some things I like and I admit that the behavior of the Left is not very attractive these days. But then neither is the behavior of the Right. In a perfect world we would have more than two choices, enough choices to force the nonsense to stop and force our leaders to do their damn jobs.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You started it by shooting up a softball team.
So yeah we all get it, not all from either side are bad.....not even most. But the MSM wants us to think that way by only showing the bad from either side.

link   
I just want to say the scariest possible scenario I can think of, is if either party ever gets complete control.
edit on 10/30/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JHumm

You started it by shooting up a softball team.

Did I?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

It's been like this since the nation's founding. In the beginning there were the Federalists and the Democratic-Republicans... then we had the Whigs and the Democrats, then the Whigs returned to being called "Republicans" and we've been at R vs D ever since. It's caused issues, but it's also been the system in charge through this country's greatest triumphs... which are among humanity's greatest triumphs as well. The USA is and will likely forever be a two party nation... There may be name changes and even wholesale reversals of sides, but I don't see us ever abandoning what's worked more often than not for the past 242 years.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I just want to say the scariest possible scenario I can think of, is if either party ever gets complete control.

To that I say that we've seen it already from the left... 2008-2010 and it damn near destroyed this nation's prosperity, exceptionalism, and the middle class. I've yet to see any of that self destruction with simple GOP majorities in both chambers and the presidency, so I'd not believe a GOP supermajority would be anything but an economic and domestic policy win for mainstream America.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

That does not mean that having more than two parties with power is not a better idea and more productive in the long run. Gridlock is not serving us very well at this point in our history.

We actually do have more parties now, which is legal, but the big two won't allow it. I think both are scared of it happening. Again I'm talking about the current crop of leaders who decide for people what to believe. More people might get involved if they felt they had a horse in the race.

What worries me the most is the extremes of both sides drowning out the sane voices who actually are the majority. People are becoming independents more and more often now, because they, like me, don't feel as though they are represented.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'm actually talking about it devolving into a single party state.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I embrace being challenged in my views, I enjoy it, its the only way I have found to get my views to evolve and grow stronger

no you don't, you constantly make deliberately antagonising threads, you seek an argument then imediatly play the victim.
I don't know what your deal is, but its not what you claim.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

I embrace being challenged in my views, I enjoy it, its the only way I have found to get my views to evolve and grow stronger

no you don't, you constantly make deliberately antagonising threads, you seek an argument then imediatly play the victim.
I don't know what your deal is, but its not what you claim.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join