It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi ATS, It’s the left here.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
So...you are trying to tell us that even the left hates the left. The person (gender unknown) in the video is perfect example of the left in my opinion. Bless their heart the poor dear.

Ahhh perfect example of the kind of closed minded attitude that I was getting at in the OP.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Then what do you say to the posters who regularly make that claim because you cannot deny it happens?

Here's the problem, first we're told that we cannot have civility from someone on the left and prominent voices on the left spent a lot of time calling for a specific lack of civility. Then things happened, and now we're being lectured about our lack of civility along with claims that they were never anything but civil.

Now, you're playing the same game. For a long, long time posts here from left-leaning posters have been littered with blanket claims, and now you begin with the pearl clutching and chiding.

It wasn't so long ago that you were authoring an anti-Trump and anti-Trump supporter thread a day it seemed.

I am tired of the attempts to constantly redefine the verbal battlespace according to how you prefer it to be played. That's called moving the goalposts and it generally happens about the time one set of tactics or one argument begins to fail.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Beware of Democrats trying to claim they are "Moderate".

It's one of the few tricks they have left this year.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
No, no, of course you guys don't think all of us are racists, bigots, homophobes, etc., but you constantly state that all those people definitely support Trump with the implication being ... what exactly?

I don't think all people on the right are racists, bigots, and homophobes. I only think the racists, bigots, and homophobes are.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Muninn

Lol, you are the spokesmen for the left?

Don't you live in another country?

Yeah, he lives outside of your centre of the universe... He couldn't possibly have any idea what his talking about, right?

Well am not American so must make me full retard.....amazing how he totally missed the point of the thread.

Only when it comes to American politics.

You don't understand American values and culture which is clear from your uninformed and uninspired OPs trying to push us around and tell us how wise and superior you are to us without having the first clue what you are talking about.

Look, I am sure if we met on the street you would be a great human being and we could share a meal and talk about many things, but American politics are outside of your field of knowledge and you talking about them is just plain annoying.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I'd like to take this moment to offer my most gracious thanks to the Universe for not allowing me to become a leftist.
I'l second that 😲

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I'll stop painting the left in one big broad stroke as soon as the left stops using the same broad brush for the right.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

So...you are trying to tell us that even the left hates the left. The person (gender unknown) in the video is perfect example of the left in my opinion. Bless their heart the poor dear.

Ahhh perfect example of the kind of closed minded attitude that I was getting at in the OP.

Ahhh perfect example of starting a thread and bash anyone who doesn't think the way you do. Your point - you smart everyone else is stupid. Bless your heart poor dear.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Ahhh perfect example of starting a thread and bash anyone who doesn't think the way you do. Your point - you smart everyone else is stupid. Bless your heart poor dear.

Did you actually read the OP?

Actually who has read to the OP.....?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I'll stop painting the left in one big broad stroke as soon as the left stops using the same broad brush for the right.

Deal but I honestly do make quite the effort to try to make it clear that I am not talking about all trump supporters and really do try to keep it as balanced as I can.

Cool so we're both agreed.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Nomination submitted for Pulitzer Prize.

🚬💨

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Dear Borg Left,

Stop trying to take our stuff and assimilate us.

Kindest regards,

Everyone Else.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Umm, well I hate to be the one to bring this up, but I am betting peeps just see your Avatar, and assume it is the same as your others. I mean you did have a rep for knocking out anti-Tman threads quite often. It may have tarnished any attempt to appear centrist. Just sayin.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You do realise that being British or American does not make my arguments any more or less valid.

Its entirely possible for a American to be totally clueless about American politics and a Brit to hold a phd in American political science or something.

If I take the location out of my avatar (just words) then it totally invalidates this stupid "meh your not form hear so am ignoring you"

Form now on I was born in California.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Umm, well I hate to be the one to bring this up, but I am betting peeps just see your Avatar, and assume it is the same as your others. I mean you did have a rep for knocking out anti-Tman threads quite often. It may have tarnished any attempt to appear centrist. Just sayin.

Yup, people respond to the avatar not to me.

So my views like everyone else's evolve over time, I like to think I have softened a little, not much, but a little.

Its frustrating because you make a good point and its ignored because OMG theres that alien on the phone again!!!
edit on 30-10-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

You mean all 42 mud pit threads he authored against Trump and his supporters?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I would have thought they have. i even think I have seen them. Maybe just kid scissors. Use a knife?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

With some accountability, respect might come back for your preferred political affiliation.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I know you wish you could just discard your entire history and start over, but life doesn't work like that. You were arguably the most notorious and toxic poster here for quite some time. Nobody is responsible for your own reputation but yourself.

You made your own bed... you know the rest.

But to your credit though, you have slowed down and changed your tone quite a bit. I do see the effort. But it's going to take a lot more than you mocking yourself for us to start taking you seriously.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

If all the left is like you, it will be all right.

Did you see what I did?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join